The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 01-19-2020, 08:50 AM   #376
Griff
still says videotape

In PA you'll get slammed to the floor carrying in a courthouse.
Old 01-19-2020, 11:53 AM   #377
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Even if'n you're a pohlees man?

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 12:09 PM   #378
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Even cops can't carry in the courthouse.
Old 01-19-2020, 12:21 PM   #379
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

So, there are NO guns in a courthouse? Ever?

Hasn't there been news articles that talk about judges carrying under the robe?

Say some guy goes batshit over his parking ticket, do the bailiffs call 911 and wait?

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Old 01-19-2020, 12:32 PM   #380
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

They have clubs, mace, cuffs, and numbers. There are guns in the courthouse but not the part the public has access to except the Sheriff's office right inside the front door. In the back building I had to give up my jackknife going to the tax office because childrens court is in that building. On the way out I asked for it back and the guard pointed at a half full cardboard box and says help yourself. Must have been a hundred in there, I guess people assume they're gone, can't be that many people going in and being turned into soylent green.
I'm describing the DelCo courthouse, I try to stay out of the others.
Old 01-19-2020, 10:14 PM   #381
Big Sarge
Werepandas - lurking in your shadows

I have to disagree with you on the court. Down here, law enforcement officers can carry in court. I did when I was testifying. Also, our court bailiffs are armed. When I was a law enforcement officer, I even wore my sidearm when I met the governor at the capitol building.
Old 01-19-2020, 10:42 PM   #382
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

This discussion started when Griff said "In PA you'll get slammed to the floor carrying in a courthouse." then I added even cops don't here. The discussion was about PA, I'm sure there are states that do and states that don't. There has also been cases of somebody freaking out and grabbing the bailiffs gun, and like Grav said Judges armed. I use to go with a woman who worked at a woodworking outfit in Lancaster County and she said they were building bulletproof Judges benches.
Old 01-20-2020, 07:40 AM   #383
Big Sarge

Apologies, I thought the thread had drifted to a generalized statement. BTW, many of our judges are armed and some wear kevlar vests. I don't remember any of our judges in my part of the state being attacked physically, but we had an extremely famous case where a housekeeper was convicted of stealing a judge's nail clippings and hair to use in a voodoo ritual against him. She got a felony conviction.

Sorry for the thread drift.
Old 01-20-2020, 07:46 AM   #384
Griff
still says videotape

Thread drift is high art. I want more on the voodoo track!
Old 01-20-2020, 09:11 AM   #385
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Right, tread drift takes us to the most interesting places. Nail clippings and hair is petty theft, not a felony, must have been for the voodoo. Maybe for attempted voodoo... with intent. Yeah, that's real interesting, any links to newspaper articles or anything?.
Old 01-20-2020, 10:08 AM   #386
Big Sarge

Apologies guys, I got the details twisted. It was 2 brothers convicted of conspiracy to commit murder. They tried to get a lock of hair and a picture for the voodoo ritual. One brother got 10 years and the other got 5 years. The AP story link has the post conviction details

https://apnews.com/b40ef45f4220dd17a8840eecee80f2fb

Old 01-20-2020, 10:28 AM   #387
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
...I had to give up my jackknife.
Went to get my driver's license once and forgot my pocket knife was in my pocket. The bailiff said I'd have to give it up til I came back out. It was a very collectible knife, quite valuable, I asked him "Can I get a receipt for that knife?", he didn't hesitate and whipped out a logbook and gave me a receipt with a good description of the knife.

Old 01-20-2020, 11:29 AM   #388
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

I've had that experience here entering the courthouse. I got a receipt and the knife went in a ziploc baggie presumably to keep the knife and the receipt together.
Old 01-20-2020, 11:23 PM   #389
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Sarge View Post
Apologies guys, I got the details twisted. It was 2 brothers convicted of conspiracy to commit murder. They tried to get a lock of hair and a picture for the voodoo ritual. One brother got 10 years and the other got 5 years. The AP story link has the post conviction details.
That's crazy, John Henry got 10 years for something going on outside while he was in jail?
And Leroy got 5 years for being the victim of a Voodoo priest scam? Good grief.
Old 01-21-2020, 06:38 AM   #390
Griff
still says videotape

The price of stupidity can be high.