Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 07-12-2012, 05:23 PM   #196
jimhelm
a beautiful fool

sorry, Bri.
Old 07-12-2012, 05:54 PM   #197
Griff
still says videotape

Jeez Bri, I can see the same thing happening with my old man and I think he would make me crazy. Be careful and know when to cry,"No mas!"
Old 07-12-2012, 05:56 PM   #198
infinite monkey
Person who doesn't update the user title

I'm sorry too, hon.
infinite monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 06:43 PM   #199
orthodoc
Not Suspicious, Merely Canadian

Sorry ... are there any community/home care supports your mother's pcp can arrange? Any respite for you? You can't do it all. Don't forget to take care of yourself too.
Old 07-12-2012, 08:54 PM   #200
wolf
lobber of scimitars

What orthodoc said. Check with your local aging and older adult services to see if they have any respite caregiver program so that you can get some time to yourself.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 11:18 AM   #201
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
What was seriously bumming your stone but now you are totally stoked?

What was seriously bumming your stone but now you are totally stoked?

After half a dozen malfunctions (misfires, failure to eject, failure to cycle) at last month's silhouette match (I came in 6th) I decided I better replace the springs, firing pin, and extractors in my rifle.

I found a great company that makes better quality springs and I was installing the hammer spring when all of a sudden... sproing! tink! the spring and the hammer strut bridge went flying at the speed of sound into the dark and dusty recesses of my shop.

The shop was about as dirty and disorganized as it's ever been. Three inches of sawdust and wood shavings, buckets and buckets of screws, nails, small parts. Hundreds of offcuts and wood scraps, tools and so on.

The fuckers were gone. It was only a $6.00 spring, but $7.00 shipping and another week wait, plus I am half Scottish. God only knows who carries the Strut bridge.

Color my stone well and truly bummed. My groove properly scorched.

So I started to slowly and methodically clean the shop. First I recognized the sound of the bridge hitting the shop vac. (Perfect pitch--the shop vac has a different tone than the tablesaw base) and almost immediately found the strut bridge.

I didn't hear the spring hit anything which meant that it either landed in the garbage can or into one of the half dozen mounds of sawdust and shavings, or else into the general shavings milieu.

a few hours of sweeping, sifting, and magnet dragging turned up nothing.

Still serioulsy bummed, I had to go to bed.

Next moring I was at it again and after a few hours I picked it up in the shavings with my magnetic sweep.

So now I am totally stoked since I found and installed the spring AND I have a 75% clean shop!
Old 08-01-2012, 11:27 AM   #202
glatt

I would love a clean shop. It's funny, I don't see my mess that much, but my boy is using my shop now too, and seeing his mess drives me crazy. I know my mess is just as bad, or worse, even, but for some reason his sets me off.

And he keeps leaving a tangled rope in the middle of the floor. WTF? The rope was a present, because who doesn't love 100 feet of rope? But I don't like having to step over it.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 04:45 PM   #203
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by glatt View Post
I would love a clean shop. It's funny, I don't see my mess that much, but my boy is using my shop now too, and seeing his mess drives me crazy. I know my mess is just as bad, or worse, even, but for some reason his sets me off.

And he keeps leaving a tangled rope in the middle of the floor. WTF? The rope was a present, because who doesn't love 100 feet of rope? But I don't like having to step over it.
totally feeling your pain.
Old 08-01-2012, 06:05 PM   #204
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

I have the same trouble with mess from the kids. If the kids leave stuff laying around, I get annoyed and make them pick up, but if I leave stuff laying around, I justify it by telling myself that I'm the one that'll pick it up anyway, so i can do it at my leisure, where as, the kids probably have no intention of cleaning up their shit, so I need to make them do it now. It's true too. At times I've tested this theory by letting their stuff lay around for weeks and they never worry about picking up after themselves till I tell them to do it.

It just proves that as a parent, you make responsible messes. Kids just make mess.
Old 11-17-2012, 12:32 PM   #205
jimhelm
a beautiful fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimhelm View Post
I had the order form for their fine publication printed, foot... but thought... no kid stuff.. i wouldn't support them even in vengeance.

however.....someone got signed up to receive info on timeshares yesterday. this shall be an ongoing campaign. whenever someone asks me for an email address, or phone number.... where I would normally demure... guess what....
I think enough time has passed for me to begin this campaign in earnest.

this inspired an idea or two:

Name:  tumblr_mcbks8Ba1s1qctkcl.jpg
Views: 412
Size:  20.7 KB
Old 11-17-2012, 08:40 PM   #206
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimhelm View Post
I think enough time has passed for me to begin this campaign in earnest.

this inspired an idea or two:

Attachment 41685
Let's not forget to see how David Thorne has dealt with similar things in the past:http://www.27bslash6.com/f4s.html
Old 11-19-2012, 11:38 AM   #207
Chocolatl
Glutton for Gluttony

Took my three month old daughter to the doctor today to see if we could figure out what has been causing her discomfort for the past few weeks.

Likely diagnosis? Lactose intolerance.

Because I'm breast feeding, this means I now get to omit all dairy from my diet.
No cheese. No butter. No ice cream. No cake, pie, or pudding.
NO CHOCOLATE.
No chocolate, guys!

::weep::
Chocolatl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 12:30 PM   #208
Lola Bunny
Junior Master Dwellar

Man, that sucks, Chocolat. Sorry to hear about your daughter's condition and your food restrictions. Btw, dark chocolate has no milk. Dark chocolate has plenty flavors nowadays.
Lola Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 12:35 PM   #209
Lola Bunny
Junior Master Dwellar

For example...Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353350073.957385.jpg
Views: 172
Size:  43.5 KB
Or this loot we got last week...the truffles are gone, btw...Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353350132.261315.jpg
Views: 173
Size:  49.9 KB
Lola Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 12:44 PM   #210
orthodoc
Not Suspicious, Merely Canadian

That firecracker chocolate is amazing. (But no, I will not call it a party in your mouth!)

Tags
mozzarella