The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Relationships

Relationships People who need people; or, why can't we all just get along?

Old 01-29-2019, 01:09 AM   #1
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Disposing of the Body

According to TYWKIWDBI if you go outside the 3 mile limit it's OK to dump a body or parts thereof.
I'll bet if the Coast Guard happens along they would frown on cement booties though.

Name:  casket.jpg
Views: 291
Size:  87.7 KB

*https://www.epa.gov/ocean-dumping/burial-sea
Old 01-29-2019, 05:33 AM   #2
Carruthers
Junior Master Dwellar

Both Dad and his brother served in the Royal Navy during and after the last Anglo-German disagreement.
Uncle was on board when a burial at sea had to be carried out.
Unfortunately the deceased stubbornly refused to sink.

What do you do under the circumstances? Issue a notice to mariners about a hazard to navigation?
Old 01-29-2019, 09:29 AM   #3
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

The Importance Of Airholes In A Corpse

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 09:33 AM   #4
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

I remember the first time I found my buddy passed out in my car. He would pass out in my car cuz he knew he would wake up at home.

The first time I had to carry his unconscious ass into his house, alone, I thought on the way back out to my car that getting rid of a dead body wouldn't be nearly as hard as I thought it might have been. He wasn't but about 180 lbs.

He was limp as a dishrag. No help at all.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Old 01-29-2019, 11:45 AM   #5
glatt

I was going to make a questionable rigor mortis joke, and was looking up the timelines on Wikepedia and accidentally learned something.

Quote:
Rigor mortis is very important in meat technology. The onset of rigor mortis and its resolution partially determine the tenderness of meat. If the post-slaughter meat is immediately chilled to 15 °C (59 °F), a phenomenon known as cold shortening occurs, whereby the muscle sarcomeres shrink to a third of their original length.

Cold shortening is caused by the release of stored calcium ions from the sarcoplasmic reticulum of muscle fibers, in response to the cold stimulus. The calcium ions trigger powerful muscle contraction aided by ATP molecules. To prevent cold shortening, a process known as electrical stimulation is carried out, especially in beef carcasses, immediately after slaughter and skinning. In this process, the carcass is stimulated with alternating current, causing it to contract and relax, which depletes the ATP reserve from the carcass and prevents cold shortening.[7]
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 12:28 PM   #6
Carruthers
Junior Master Dwellar

When Roy Rogers' horse died, Trigger Mortis set in.

Indisputable fact.
Old 01-29-2019, 01:56 PM   #7
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Disreputable fact.
Old 01-29-2019, 03:14 PM   #8
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Originally Posted by glatt View Post
I was going to make a questionable rigor mortis joke, and was looking up the timelines on Wikepedia and accidentally learned something.
I read that exact same article back when I found that dead turkey.

Old 01-29-2019, 03:15 PM   #9
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carruthers View Post
When Roy Rogers' horse died, Trigger Mortis set in.

Indisputable fact.
We call that a Stand In The Corner Joke.

Old 01-29-2019, 03:38 PM   #10
Diaphone Jim
Junior Master Dwellar

I think cold shortening and electrical stimulation to avoid it are techniques used by wham-bam factory processors.
I have never come across the problem in 45 years of ranch killing my own beef.
Calmness (lack of stress) and slow chilling are just two the great advantages of doing it at home and getting superior meat.
Diaphone Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 05:02 PM   #11
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

This is the outfit I want to handle the remains of my remains.

Our state legislature has passed the bill (Senate Bill 5001) allowing human composting to the governor's desk. He has five days to sign it into law.
Old 04-21-2019, 06:05 PM   #12
monster
I hear them call the tide

When beest was near the end I came across the burial at sea thing and I seem to remember a toe tag or similar also being necessary in case the remains were to somehow find their way back into where someone might find them and need to be identified :/
Old 04-22-2019, 07:29 AM   #13
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Popdigr wanted to be put on a scaffold, and left in the woods.

Like the NativeAmericans/Indians/Indigenous ppls did.

KY said nope.

Old 04-22-2019, 11:16 AM   #14
Griff
still says videotape

I always liked that idea. No fuss no bother.
Old 04-22-2019, 12:29 PM   #15
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

If ya want to do something like that...

I'm considering donating my body to a body farm. Where I'll be left to rot, and to return to the earth.