The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Images > Quality Images and Videos
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Quality Images and Videos Post your own images and videos of your own days

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-27-2002, 10:05 AM   #16
Nic Name
retired

It seems that, like your father, I raised children in the same generation as you and Paul, so I am very close to people your age. You're not a good example of your generation.

I do sense that Paul was raised properly but is under a bad influence by you. It would be great if you could be a positive role model.

Paul will recall, and you may too, that his intuitive response to my criticism above was to post, "I apologize. really" That was based on his values that he got from his parents.

I think that you encouraged him to retract that apology and attempt to justify his remarks, since his replacement post spoke directly to you.

Paul then indicated that he didn't think that anyone here would be offended by his remarks above and offered up a link to your Tasteless Jokes thread as some example of what's acceptable around here. I can see where he might get the impression that he had support for his offensive post from listening to you and reading those racist jokes.

Dave, you aspire to be a leader but you don't have the qualities of a leader. You're young and, quite frankly, very immature for your age. Surely, you'll grow up. It remains to be seen what you'll grow up to be. What are your values and do you live by them?

Your Tastless Jokes thread sends a message to many people that the Cellar is not a worthwhile place for them: that it will be uncomfortable for them. I think it should be uncomfortable for racists and bigots and other bullies and I won't "shut the fuck up" while you and a few others attempt to make racists feel at home here.

In the Tasteless Joke thread, I tried to clue you in that your reputation is at stake. You just don't get it. Actually, I think Paul does get it, but he was clueless that his personal reputation is also at stake. He is lead astray by people like you who make him think your behavior is normal. Well, guys, it's not. That is exactly how people who aren't really racist get caught up in hate crimes, as the statistics show. Better Paul learn that here and now than learn the hard way on the streets on in the courts.

Your Tasteless Jokes thread created an environment in the Cellar that made it seem OK to Paul to make hurtful remarks wherever, even changing his profile to take an anti-Semitic view.

As others have said in your Idiots thread, maybe this gives us something to think about. We're all ready to say what the Israelis, or Iraqis or Palestinians should do. Maybe it's fair to talk about how we should behave.

This thread was created to send a message to Jews and other groups denigrated by you and your buddies, to whom "How many Jews..." is a joke about ashtrays. This thread was created to confirm that people in the Cellar are decent folks. People that have been raised with values and respect for others.

Paul's comments attempted to support your view that this thread should go away. His posts before and after my criticism are designed to make this thread as offensive to Jews as the Tasteless Jokes thread. He knows better, I'm sure. He might even regret it. He did apologize ... for a moment, anyway.

Maybe we have all learned something valuable in this discussion. Perhaps there is no longer a need for this thread or the Tasteless Jokes thread in the Cellar. I wonder what Paul thinks ... if he does think without asking you what to think.
Nic Name is offline   Reply With Quote