The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Images > Image of the Day

Image of the Day Images that will blow your mind - every day. [Blog] [RSS] [XML]

Old 03-11-2020, 11:58 PM   #1
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

March 12th, 2020 : Japan’s Toys

Japan seems to have a sizable market in what I would call toys. Some would call them collectables but to me
a collectable is something you lock away or put on display depending on value. Not something you carry with
you and use, that would be a tool or toy. Some of the items look like they won’t be around long, I mean get
old quickly look like it will be a small niche market. I suppose the holy grail is to have it first then everyone
follows, with early adopter being next best.
Looking at the site of just one supplier, I have to admit I just don’t get it. I’m too old or too western, or too
uncool to appreciate the art and science of this crap these toys. I never understood Hello Kitty either.

Veggies, their head either sticking out of the ground or on the cutting board, staring at you, quietly staring.
That’s nightmare shit. So is ski masks for your action figures dolls. I suppose some engineering nerd will
write a post, if not a dissertation, on which color tiles are easiest and hardest to break.

Every child should be taught the proper positions for public drunkenness. After all you wouldn’t want them
to bring shame upon the family by assuming an unacceptable pose in their stupor...
drunken decorum must prevail!

And last for here, there’s a lot more there, murder weapons, the things often found blood stained at the
scene of the crime. WTF, why would anyone want to walk around with that? Plan on killing someone or
prevent being killed? Nope for either, these are blow up weapons. Not kaboom blow up, inflate blow up.
I guess when you let the air out it’s a concealed weapon.

Seems like a strange culture to me, but after all these years of searching National Geographic for boobs,
and reading Smithsonian Magazine, I know it’s far from the strangest.
Hell, look at New Jersey.

link
Old 03-12-2020, 07:23 AM   #2
Hopalong48
Colloquialist

I appreciate the work you put in to misdirect us readers and keep everyone hooked, and then throw the zinger at New Jersey.
Well played.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Hopalong48 is offline   Reply With Quote