The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Cellar-related > Cellar Meta
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Cellar Meta Users, threads, etiquette, posting, usage, forums, why this place matters or doesn't

Old 04-29-2006, 09:39 AM   #31
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

It wasn't Mari, it was someone anonymous.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 09:47 AM   #32
Happy Monkey
I think this line's mostly filler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertoad
"ban me so I won't bring up any more uncomfortable things for you", when the opener was illegal matters to start. I don't think she has anything on me and was not that uncomfortable to begin with. But I will not take that kind of threat lightly against myself or anyone else. That shit simply doesn't fly.
That wasn't a threat. She was talking about the health effects of weed vs tobacco.
|_______________| [pics]
Happy Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 09:50 AM   #33
Elspode
When Do I Get Virtual Unreality?

Ah...I see.

I'm going to have to just step back from this whole thing, as I'm actually having trouble being objective. I didn't really see anything from Mari that would merit such a comparison, and since I hold your judgement to be unusually just and reasonable, it is better that I stop batting this issue around.
Old 04-29-2006, 10:03 AM   #34
Stormieweather
Wearing her bitch boots

<Stormieweather munches popcorn and follows all the links, getting to know the Cellarites>

One question, what's AG? Another site? Forum?
Stormieweather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 10:04 AM   #35
Griff
still says videotape

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertoad
Y'all shoulda seen the personal anonymous threats directed against a known Cellarite here a few weeks ago. Turned me pale. Included shots of someone who was beaten up. You didn't see them because I deleted them. More fun NOT to delete them? Shyeah, I GUESS.
Yikes! Thanks for the vigilance.
Old 04-29-2006, 10:07 AM   #36
Elspode
When Do I Get Virtual Unreality?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormieweather
<Stormieweather munches popcorn and follows all the links, getting to know the Cellarites>

One question, what's AG? Another site? Forum?
AudioGalaxy, a board dedicated to file sharing, which apparently folded, which for some reason resulted in a whole bunch of refugees washing up here on the shores of The Cellar.

Now that the wheat has been pretty much sorted from the chaff, it has actually been rather a good thing (Patrick waves and smiles at our new members who were able to survive the Inquisition and stayed around to become substantive contributors).
Old 04-29-2006, 10:17 AM   #37
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

Not to minimize the importance of the Cellar, but in the grand scheme of things, it's just a Goddamned message board. I know we can get to know people fairly well here...but it's only a sliver of a person, really. Even if we are acting as real as possible here, we don't really know each other. And I know that I've gotten into my share of flamefests...and they were pretty fucking stupid. There was really no point to them.

Anyway, let me get to my point...I think it's stupid to be a dummy on a message board. There are so many better things to do...like smoking weed.
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 10:21 AM   #38
SteveBsjb
Operations Operative

Ah, then I'm with ya, UT. F her.

Have a good day all, I'm off to the Tribeca Film Festival.
Old 04-29-2006, 10:22 AM   #39
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Monkey
That wasn't a threat. She was talking about the health effects of weed vs tobacco.
Actually at that point she was talking about her original ban.

When I see people rummaging around in their handbag for the most damaging thing they have at hand, I don't wait around to see whether it's a gun.
Old 04-29-2006, 10:25 AM   #40
skysidhe
~~Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by sycamore
Not to minimize the importance of the Cellar, but in the grand scheme of things, it's just a Goddamned message board. I know we can get to know people fairly well here...but it's only a sliver of a person, really. Even if we are acting as real as possible here, we don't really know each other. And I know that I've gotten into my share of flamefests...and they were pretty fucking stupid. There was really no point to them.

Anyway, let me get to my point...I think it's stupid to be a dummy on a message board. There are so many better things to do...like smoking weed.
GOOD POST SYCAMORE

We need 'How not to be dummy rules' posted.

well I need um anyway. In fact that should be my personal user tag. ' message board dummy'
or sumpin.

[edited spelling-sorry it sucks so bad]

Last edited by skysidhe; 04-29-2006 at 12:12 PM.
skysidhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 10:43 AM   #41
Stormieweather
Wearing her bitch boots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspode
AudioGalaxy, a board dedicated to file sharing, which apparently folded

Ok thanks! Carry on.
Stormieweather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 11:09 AM   #42
jinx
Come on, cat.

I (obviously) found it very frustrating to converse, debate, argue, co-exist, with Mari because she was not constrained by truth or reality. It was not a welfare* issue, or what I thought people on welfare should be buying with their money - it was Mari's posting style, her habit of fabricating whatever bullshit argument she needed to come out on top. And if someone who is not adverse to making shit up threatens to make you uncomfortable, I think concern is valid.
Elspode, I'm not sure why you're comparing your son buying dvd's to Mari's endless string of absurd claims. I think you'll just need to rest assured that if someone had an issue with you or your son, they'd let you know.

I realize this kinda shit is no fun for anyone and I apologize for my role in it.

*or any other assistance program
Old 04-29-2006, 11:22 AM   #43
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Might I also add, I've been the subject of a few rather obvious "phishing expeditions" recently. And so has my mom, because one or two 25-year-old personal details about me are still published with her address attached to them. So if I'm on a hair trigger for threats...

Nothing makes me want to give this up more than that. Syc's right; the "this is just a message board" aspect swings many ways. One of them is "it's just a message board so why ban people?" Another is "it's just a message board so why do it at all, if you'll be threatened for it?"
Old 04-29-2006, 12:03 PM   #44
Flint
Snowflake

I have no idea what any of this is about, so therefore please leave me the fuck out of it.
expression. ... I found, like Joseph Campbell said, if you just follow whatever
gives you a little joy or excitement or awe, then you're on the right track.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Terry Bozzio
Flint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 12:17 PM   #45
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

don't read this!
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote