The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Politics Where we learn not to think less of others who don't share our views

Old 11-27-2002, 11:41 PM   #91
Cairo
Coronation Incarnate

warch,

The biggest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the World that he didn't exist.
Keyser Soze
Cairo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2002, 03:46 PM   #92
jaguar
whig

Guess who's back...back again....
God i hate that song.

Quote:
I don’t doubt this for a minute and I don’t want him to stop posting here. I do think he has some very insightful things to say. It's his delivery that makes people want him to disappear. He believes that he is the smartest human being ever to walk the earth and yet doesn't understand why people think he's an ass. It's the delivery stupid!!! It's the sarcasm stupid!!! It's the assumption that your info is 100% right and all others are incorrect stupid!!! That's why I completely ignore his posts, even when I agree with him. There are a few people that I have received from feedback from after making my points. Very few agree with me but I can respect their opinions and the way they reply. Not Jag though, hes an ass. He's cutting even when you are trying to agree with him. Am I the only one that thinks that?
No i don't think I'm the smartest person in the world, not by along shot. So i drop some acids in my posts, i find it more fun than calling people an asshead. My info usually is correct, sometimes i fuck up, most notably when debating with UT about Iraq, but it is usually correct. When you're debating opinion it's always murky, 100% is never the case and most of the debates here revolve around attacking delivery and surrounding content of posts when the gist is correct.

Quote:
See who's contributing sharp cutting commentary? And consistently pissing people off? I dont doubt that. I heard about this asshead looooong before I became a member here.
Clearly my reputation travels before me, interesting. My assumption is you know someone else here, otherwise i'd expect the paperwork for the book deal to be here by now.

wolf: I'd expect people to understand their own nations history. To a google search for McCarthyism if you're not sure. The long and short of what is relevant for the purposes of this thread is a court with the ability to 'blacklist' people though the House Of Unamerican Activities Comittee. By it's very nature every step of this required that blind and dangerous brand of patriotism that is once again rearing it's ugly head.

Old 12-02-2002, 01:17 PM   #93
russotto
Professor

Cairo: FISC _USED_ to handle foreign intelligence only. Under USA PATRIOT, it can now handle even ordinary criminal stuff as long as John Ashcroft says it's OK. This means all the shortcuts taken by FISC and supposedly usable only against foreign agents can now be used against US citizens with impunity. THAT is the danger.
russotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2002, 02:02 AM   #94
Cairo
Coronation Incarnate

russotto,
Your wrong, read it again. If the FISC handles anything other than Foreign Intelligence, it would cease to be called The Foreign Intelligence Surveilance Court. The Patriot Act clearly states that when the FISC issues a Court order to surveil a foreign terrorist and in the process of CIA surveilance that foreign terrorist is taped plotting with an American citizen...the FISC doesn't have to order a stop of surveilance, because the CIA is, in fact, still following that same foreign terrorist. See?

The biggest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the World that he didn't exist.
Keyser Soze
Cairo is offline   Reply With Quote