The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Images > Image of the Day

Image of the Day Images that will blow your mind - every day. [Blog] [RSS] [XML]

Old 07-07-2010, 05:16 PM   #16
Shawnee123
Why, you're a regular Alfred E Einstein, ain't ya?

Oh, and by the way. Just you wait until I make my "LEAVE LINDSEY ALONE, BOO HOO" video. Oh hell, it's probably already been done.
Old 07-07-2010, 10:25 PM   #17
spudcon
Beware of potatoes

Shawnee, you are awesome!
Old 07-08-2010, 03:33 AM   #18
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Quote:
Originally Posted by spudcon View Post
Shawnee, you are awesome!
well, she is an Ohio girl...

In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 06:52 AM   #19
nil_orally
Larger than average member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnee123 View Post

What if it were your child, going through such a monumental struggle against addiction? Do you think your own child should be held to such scrutiny? Why does addiction become that deep dark thing again...because seeing it in "celebrities" means it could be still with us? It's denial that addiction is a disease. It is a disease.
Nope - it's a choice. A disease is an illness, like leukaemia, influenza or mumps. Most people do not chose to get a disease.

The trash did this to herself. I am sure she had fun getting to this point. Piper must be paid.

The pity is stocks are out of fashion.
Old 07-08-2010, 07:04 AM   #20
Shawnee123
Why, you're a regular Alfred E Einstein, ain't ya?

We now return you to your regularly scheduled century.
Old 07-08-2010, 07:58 AM   #21
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

snicker.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Old 07-08-2010, 09:58 AM   #22
monster
I hear them call the tide

Quote:
Originally Posted by nil_orally View Post
Nope - it's a choice. A disease is an illness, like leukaemia, influenza or mumps. Most people do not chose to get a disease.
Orly? If you follow proper hygeine and live away from other people -preferably in a mosquito-proof plastic bubble, then you will not contract diseases. Most people choose not to do this, so therefore they are making a choice to risk disease, no? How is that different from making a choice to risk addiction by trying an addictive substance? And where do you stand on mental illness? Burning at the stake?
Old 07-08-2010, 10:19 AM   #23
spudcon
Beware of potatoes

I agree with Shawnee about not condemning someone because they are addicted to something. We don't know how that began, whether they were tricked or coerced, or just persuaded by a trusted friend or role model.
Having said that, I read years ago that Ms Lohan was a bitch to work with. It seems she hasn't yet found the humility necessary to get help for her problem. Writing fuck you on your fingernails shows where her attitude is. I think 90 days in the slammer and 90 days in rehab may work wonders for her.
Old 07-08-2010, 10:46 AM   #24
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LTPRJqt2z4

—James Barrie

Old 07-08-2010, 10:53 AM   #25
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spudcon View Post
I agree about not condemning someone because they are addicted to something.
Thats not what she is being criticized about.

Quote:
Writing fuck you on your fingernails shows where her attitude is. I think 90 days in the slammer and 90 days in rehab may work wonders for her.
Old 07-08-2010, 12:28 PM   #26
SamIam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnee123 View Post
Addicts will always try to sneak and bargain and plot and lie and cheat and steal, to get the object of their addiction. That's simple Addiction 101.

When it's a "celebrity" who gets "all the breaks" all of a sudden it is no longer an addict trying every trick in the book to keep using, it is a circus with the spectators throwing tomatoes and crying "YOU GOT EVERY CHANCE YOU PRIVILEGED LITTLE BRAT."

What if it were your child, going through such a monumental struggle against addiction? Do you think your own child should be held to such scrutiny? Why does addiction become that deep dark thing again...because seeing it in "celebrities" means it could be still with us? It's denial that addiction is a disease. It is a disease.

I'm not condoning her actions, I'm saying that this is hardly the time to throw tomatoes at Ms Lohan.
I am all for throwing tomatoes at her. Can we spell "enable"? Yes, the poor thing has a piss poor attitude because she is an addict and doesn't want to quit. I have zero sympathy for her. She has been protected from the consequences of her actions up until now and she is playing "poor me" and being defiant because she can no longer get her own way.

How many alcoholics and addicts do you think would get into recovery if they never had to pay the consequences of their own actions? Most of them would spend their lives sunbathing on the banks of the Nile.

Addiction is not like cancer. If you really want to recover, you do have a fighting chance. Getting into recovery from alcoholism was one of the hardest things I have ever done. But I know that today I will not pick up that first drink.

I do not expect a get out of jail free card for the things I did drinking just because I have a disease. A major part of recovery consists of taking responsibility for your own actions and making amends to those you have harmed.
SamIam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 12:33 PM   #27
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

I think she gets away with her shit because she's so cute.

Cuteness has killed a LOT of addicts.

—James Barrie

Old 07-08-2010, 01:46 PM   #28
classicman

Excellent post Sam - many good points
Old 07-08-2010, 02:22 PM   #29
spudcon
Beware of potatoes

No matter what path an addict takes, they will pay the consequences sooner and later. Those brain cells don't grow back, and the damage to cells will come back to bite you later in life.
Old 07-08-2010, 03:08 PM   #30
classicman

Yup. My memory loss is attributed to a very well misspent youth.