The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 10-19-2011, 11:40 AM   #301
Spexxvet
Makes some feel uncomfortable

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinite monkey View Post
I'm flummoxed.
Nice to meetcha!
Old 10-19-2011, 11:41 AM   #302
jimhelm
a beautiful fool

It's a short list, and it really was made quickly and as a joke. I was just trying to help her fit in. She reached out to me when she started to feel excluded, and I was trying to tell her not to take offense or worry overmuch about one persons opinion...

I'm not happy about her bringing it up in public, and using it as bait or leverage, but then again...I did write it and will own up to it. I am still trying to salvage the possibility of being friends with her privately. I love all of you...my cyber family...even the ones on the asshole list. And it's tough to see friends fight with each other. It certainly seems improbable that she will be able to recover gracefully from this bloodbath, but I will still try to help her do that if I can.

Bri, you're not on the list. As I said, the omissions are the worst part of it. I forgot glatt too.

Monster is on all 3 lists. I'm on 2. So please, don't take it seriously.... It was but a jape.

And UT, I can't argue with your point. I really wish I could. I am trying to be more considerate of other people's perspective.... I think life has been bonking me over the head with that lesson lately. My history says that I am what you say, though. Remind me of this post if I should come down hard on a male newb?
Old 10-19-2011, 11:43 AM   #303
infinite monkey
Person who doesn't update the user title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spexxvet View Post
Nice to meetcha!
Spexxie...did you think I said I'm a lummox?
infinite monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 11:45 AM   #304
infinite monkey

I am disappoint.

Oh well, as they say...meh.
Old 10-19-2011, 11:46 AM   #305
Pico and ME
Are you knock-kneed?

Jim, the one flag she didn't show in her signature line was an all red one. But it should be obvious. Be careful.

“Seven Deadly Sins: Wealth without work, Pleasure without conscience, Science without humanity, Knowledge without character, Politics without principle, Commerce without morality, Worship without sacrifice.” – Mahatma Gandhi
Pico and ME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 11:46 AM   #306
jimhelm
a beautiful fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianna View Post
And here all this time I thought we were friends?
We are! You are special to me. We are kindred spirits, you and I. If we ever meet, I'm going to hold you down and tickle your feet until you pee!
Old 10-19-2011, 11:48 AM   #307
infinite monkey

Or he'll throw you under a bus, given the right circumstances.

Kidding. Really, kidding.
Old 10-19-2011, 11:49 AM   #308
jimhelm
a beautiful fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinite monkey View Post
I am disappoint.

Oh well, as they say...meh.
I'm sorry
Old 10-19-2011, 11:50 AM   #309
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

so - I'm NOT on the list and she baits me with it?

what does that say about her? IIRC, I was nothing but nice and welcoming to the lady. I thanked her for some interesting posts about new jersey ffs!

I just got fed up when she kept saying she was leaving as we were horrible (for not commenting on her breast cancer thread?) but then she didn't leave which is the hallmark of someone who is ....you know, drama-whoring.

She's probably loving this.

eta - anyway - glad we're friends. for you.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 11:55 AM   #310
jimhelm
a beautiful fool

She didn't say you were on the list. I assumed someone else had talked to her about you privately
Old 10-19-2011, 11:55 AM   #311
infinite monkey

jim, you don't have to apologize to me. You owe me nothing. Except the friendship and respect that you have spoken of. If it's not there, don't speak of it.

I don't understand it, but I don't love you any less.

Of course, as paranoid as I am, I have all kinds of ideas that hurt about what "list" or lists I was on, but it doesn't really matter. You were working on a goal that I can't fathom. It's not really about any of us on that list (which might even be worse than actually being on a list: not even mattering which list you were on, it only mattered to the person hell bent on destruction and division, thinking she had a secret, that she knows more...though we don't know her "trials and tribulations", her quote, she thinks she knows ours, and "us") it's about something that is not my business: your private life.

But she made it public, and made a lot of people feel badly in the process. What does that tell you?
Old 10-19-2011, 11:57 AM   #312
glatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianna View Post
so - I'm NOT on the list and she baits me with it?
She never did say specifically that you were on "the list." But it's possible you were mentioned elsewhere. She was apparently PMing a lot of people. Including me. But I didn't talk about any of you.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 11:59 AM   #313
infinite monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimhelm View Post
She didn't say you were on the list. I assumed someone else had talked to her about you privately
Well that's even better. Join a forum, then immediately start...what? I don't even know what the name for it is.

Jebus Crepes.
Old 10-19-2011, 12:00 PM   #314
infinite monkey

Quote:
She never did say specifically that you were on "the list." But it's possible you were mentioned elsewhere. She was apparently PMing a lot of people. Including me. But I didn't talk about any of you.
ffs (not at you glatt, sorry)

If you received a PM from Dis PRIOR to the blow-up, please raise your hand.

I did not.

I suspect you needed to have a penis. I could be wrong.

This is making me ill. What a crock.
Old 10-19-2011, 12:03 PM   #315
glatt

Oh, no. Mine was post blow-up. She was just answering a question I raised in this thread.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote