The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 05-22-2004, 03:50 PM   #1
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

superpowers

If you were given one superhuman power, what would it be? One thing only....and what would you do with it?
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2004, 03:56 PM   #2
blue
Operations Operative

Xray vision! I brought it up here, but noone seemed to agree.

Either that or the ability to stop time for everyone/everything but myself, first I'd get 8 hours of sleep in a second of real time, then I'd start raising hell.
Old 05-22-2004, 04:10 PM   #3
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

I dont want superhero powers....I want JEDI powers! Hoowah yessiree.... *to Tony Blair* You will increase taxes for the wealthy *Tony repeats in a dazed voice* "I will increase taxes for the wealthy"
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2004, 04:20 PM   #4
blue
Operations Operative

Uhh, would you be wearing tights, beause otherwise you are the boringest(sp?) Jedi ever. ;-)
Old 05-22-2004, 04:24 PM   #5
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Flight would be cool. Can I keep my Jedi Powers, though, or would I have to turn those in to get flight?

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2004, 04:49 PM   #6
SteveDallas
Your Bartender

I'd choose being able to sense what other people are thinking about.
SteveDallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2004, 05:38 PM   #7
DanaC

I bet that'd be interesting for the first half hour then you'd begin to realise just how much mundane shit fills all of our heads
Old 05-22-2004, 06:27 PM   #8
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

True, but at least he'd be forwarned when his wife was going to hit him with the dreaded "Whatcha thinking?"
Old 05-22-2004, 08:11 PM   #9
Radar
Constitutional Scholar

Quote:
I dont want superhero powers....I want JEDI powers! Hoowah yessiree.... *to Tony Blair* You will increase taxes for the wealthy *Tony repeats in a dazed voice* "I will increase taxes for the wealthy"
Yes, because everyone knows people don't pay enough in taxes in the UK. Only idiots want to punish the industrious, hard working and responsible people who have earned their wealth and who give jobs to others (the poor live off the wealthy, not the other way around), so they can reward the lazy, inept, and irresponsible. But then again only an idiot would accuse Israel of being monsters, claim they stole land, or compare them to Nazis.

Oh yea, and out of all super heros, I'd probably be the Flash, or PlasticMan. The Flash because I could run across the ocean to see my wife anytime and Plasticman because I could do all sorts of perverted things to her when I got there. (What can I say I miss her a lot in all sorts of ways)
Old 05-22-2004, 08:15 PM   #10
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

yo. cut that shit out, man. for chrissakes, this thread is about superpowers, not goddamn taxes and politics. don;t you get tired of standing on that soap box? why can;t you just be yourself? fuckin a.

Youre just some dude that lives in arkansas or someshit. I think you;re funny when you aren't drowning me in your politics. I am hereby revoking your right to talk about anything serious in this thread. you must fuck around. come up with something funny, or I'll tell sycamore that you secretly admire him.
Old 05-22-2004, 08:18 PM   #11
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

teleportation. instant teleportation. to anywhere i could imagine well enough to see in my mind. including six inches to the left, just inside the girls locker room at the local college, and the inside of that tasty bank vault. i could dodge bullets, explore deep space one leap at a time, the possibilities are endless.
Old 05-22-2004, 09:53 PM   #12
blue
Operations Operative

Yeah Radar, it is getting old...I admit I try and skip over your posts when I see your name.

You seem like a bright guy but I'm not here to listen to your rants.

There are a few thousand political/bitter boards out there..you should find or start one.
Old 05-22-2004, 11:01 PM   #13
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

What's this a posse forming?
Tried to tell you guys about making up rules. You might as well wave a red flag at all the nonconformists in this joint.
Old 05-23-2004, 06:35 AM   #14
DanaC

Actually RADAR I dont think we pay enough taxes in the UK. Certainly the wealthy dont. They used to years ago....but that was changed whilst the tories were inpower. Now our wealthy elite pay only a fraction of what their mainland european couterparts pay.....

Anyway.....If I could have any superpowers I think I'd go for flight....ooooo yes...swooping about ...yah I can just imagine it....*goes off into fantasy world where she can swoop gaily about the skies*
Old 05-23-2004, 09:22 AM   #15
jaguar
whig

The wealthy don`t pay taxes, it`s far cheaper to buy your way out of them.

The ability to see anything, anywhere from any time