The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Images > Image of the Day
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Image of the Day Images that will blow your mind - every day. [Blog] [RSS] [XML]

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 02-10-2004, 10:53 PM   #31
quzah
Knight of the Oval-Shaped Conference Table

Quote:
Originally posted by juju
Why should I care about the pain of a chicken? I only look out for the well-being of other humans so that the race in general will look out for me as well. You know -- "Treat others like you would like to be treated"? There's nothing a chicken can do for me. Therefore, why should I care?
It's a damn shame slavery is illegal here. I'd buy your ass and torture you to death over a long period of time, regardless of whatever our colors are. I mean, why the fuck should I care if you're in pain when I can buy you? Money makes the man. Having more makes me better than you. You're a classless low cast piece of shit. If you were on fire, I wouldn't take the time to piss on you to put it out.

I mean, really, I only look out for the well-being of other rich people. What can a worthless piece of shit like you do for me? Therefore, why should I care?

Quzah.
quzah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2004, 10:58 PM   #32
Sun_Sparkz
Has Body Temperature

ah,,,, quzah.

I am not entirely sure if u were taking a stab at Juju or sticking up for our feathered friend but if it was the latter i offer my applause.

Old 02-10-2004, 11:15 PM   #33
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
The whole reason man created civilization and morality is so we can protect each other, group together, and help each other out. We're just more effective that way.
Bullshit. Civilization was created by my group to kick your groups ass. You can convert to my group or die. Your choice.:p
Old 02-10-2004, 11:20 PM   #34
juju
no one of consequence

I think I see the point you're trying to make, Quzah, but it really has nothing to do with the point I'm trying to make. I'm not insinuating that I'm better than chickens. I'm just saying that there's nothing they as a species can do for me.

A poor person can still help out a rich person in a time of need. Use your imagination, there are countless examples you could think up.

Last edited by juju; 02-10-2004 at 11:25 PM.
juju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2004, 11:35 PM   #35
juju
no one of consequence

Think <i>reciprocity</i>.
Old 02-10-2004, 11:36 PM   #36
Sun_Sparkz
Has Body Temperature

Quote:
I'm not insinuating that I'm better than chickens. I'm just saying that there's nothing they as a species can do for me.
this i understood. but why do you need a reason to be compasionate about something? You can't tell me you dont have a heart, you have to feel -something- for these poor defenseless chickens being burned alive. don't you?
Old 02-10-2004, 11:52 PM   #37
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

c'mon. juju's just being a smart ass. he doesn;t really feel that way. this is just like the whole " i don;t love my parents" horsepuckey he lays down when he's feeling the need for a debate. I mean, SOMEONE's got to take an opposing viewpoint, or there's no argument/debate, and this is much less interesting.

Juju's a giver, man.
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2004, 12:07 AM   #38
juju
no one of consequence

Quote:
Originally posted by Sun_Sparkz
this i understood. but why do you need a reason to be compasionate about something?
Because, like most people, I'm selfish. I don't want to direct energy into something that has no gain.

It's like if you took a $100 bill out of your pocket and burned it with a lighter. Unless you're a pyromaniac, what's the point? You've just wasted $100. I don't want to waste compassion on those who can't reciprocate.
Old 02-11-2004, 12:09 AM   #39
Happy Monkey
I think this line's mostly filler.

So your compassion is a limited resource?
|_______________| [pics]
Happy Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2004, 12:13 AM   #40
juju
no one of consequence

Well, there's only so many hours in the day. Plus, do I really need that emotional roller-coaster? Being enraged is very tiring.
Old 02-11-2004, 12:17 AM   #41
juju
no one of consequence

Quote:
Originally posted by xoxoxoBruce
Quote:
The whole reason man created civilization and morality is so we can protect each other, group together, and help each other out. We're just more effective that way.
Bullshit. Civilization was created by my group to kick your groups ass. You can convert to my group or die. Your choice.:p
That doesn't necessarily conflict with what I said, though.
Old 02-11-2004, 12:19 AM   #42
Whit
Umm ... yeah.

&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Hey, UT, how sure are you that chicken is alive anyway? Maybe you city types have heard, but don't believe. Chickens will run around without their heads. The case of Mike earlier in this thread was extreme, but it's true. My point is, do we know this chicken didn't have his skull bashed in and was then thrown in the fire? Then jumping out again of course. Though, for all intents and purposes, dead?
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I mean throwing live chickens in a fire without so much as a fence to keep them in? So they can just run out like this guy? That's got to be a fire safety no-no.
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I looked on Snopes but couldn't find it... Oh well.
Old 02-11-2004, 12:21 AM   #43
Whit
Umm ... yeah.

&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Oh yeah, I forgot to mention, since these chickens are diseased it would make more sense to crack their skulls than cut off their heads. Don't get diseased chicken blood everywhere that way.
Old 02-11-2004, 12:29 AM   #44
juju
no one of consequence

Quote:
Originally posted by lumberjim
Juju's a giver, man.
Hey, let's keep those kinds of secrets to the bedroom, Jim. They don't need to know that!

By the way, I'm pretty sure in the movie it is always referred to as "Iocaine powder". A silly point, I guess, since it <i>is</i> a poison.

Last edited by juju; 02-11-2004 at 12:36 AM.
Old 02-11-2004, 12:36 AM   #45
juju
no one of consequence

I was just joking there, just to be clear. In fact, last year when I went to vote for our state senator, there was a proposed measure that would increase the penalties in the city for animal cruelty from a misdeameanor to a felony. I voted against it, 'cause fuck 'em, they' don't contribute to our society. Why should they get the benefits? And it didn't pass (though that was mostly because all the hunters were afraid the law would be misused).

Tags
animal, chicken