The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Sports
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Sports My tribe can beat up your tribe

Old 06-16-2003, 05:44 AM   #16
dave

Actually, more like "taking the safe bet"

The Spurs were heavily favored from the get-go, as it always is. I still think it's kind of a cheap championship, for the following reasons:

- When they beat the Lakers, two of their most important players were injured.

- When they beat the Mavs, their most important player was injured.

- The Mavs beat everyone else because <b>their</b> important players were injured.

- K-Mart had pathetic games in 5 and 6, likely because... <b>he was getting over the flu</b>.

Now, the Spurs didn't suck ass either. Parker came up big in the beginning of the series and Duncan can always be relied on to get the job done.

So basically, I don't think the Spurs are the best team in the league right now - I think they just got <b>very</b> fortunate.

(I don't think the Nets are the best team in the league either, but I thought they had a pretty good chance at beating the Spurs.)

Kidd has got to be disappointed; he carries the team by himself and really can't get much out of them when he needs them most. If he leaves the Nets, they won't make the Finals again for a long, long time.

How can the Spurs be the best team in the league? Make Kidd an offer he can't refuse. His passing and setups are incredible, and a team like the Spurs could convert on them whereas the Nets have trouble. Could you imagine Duncan and Kidd together? Scary.