The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Politics

Politics Where we learn not to think less of others who don't share our views

Old 05-03-2011, 05:53 PM   #46
lookout123
changed his status to single

I identify as being right of center in most areas (shocker, I know) and I still believe UG is someone's sock puppet. Colbert, The Onion, UG...
Old 05-03-2011, 06:02 PM   #47
HungLikeJesus
Only looks like a disaster tourist

Anatomically, my heart is just left of center.

SteveDallas's Random Thread Picker.
HungLikeJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 06:04 PM   #48
lookout123

I'm conservative so I had my heart removed. It wasn't being used and all.
Old 05-03-2011, 06:14 PM   #49
HungLikeJesus
Only looks like a disaster tourist

I hope you did a sale-lease back arrangement so you could take full advantage of the federal tax breaks and accelerated depreciation.

SteveDallas's Random Thread Picker.
HungLikeJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 06:17 PM   #50
lookout123

I'm not sure, last I heard my accountant was splitting it into zeros and the like for the derivatives market. Seems some dumbass bleeding hearts want to back up their claims of having more heart. or was that Eng er Land supporters???
Old 05-03-2011, 09:14 PM   #51
Casper
Person Who Has Posted

Osama bin Laden is DEAD
Just a thought, is not the above the topic?
As an an outsider I would have not have been able to tell if I had not read the title of the thread. Seems more like the ramblings from the farside and makes me wonder if anyone is really interested in actual discussion here or if they are just bored.
Casper
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 02:37 AM   #52
Jill
Colonist Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post

Osama bin Laden is DEAD
Just a thought, is not the above the topic?
As an an outsider I would have not have been able to tell if I had not read the title of the thread. Seems more like the ramblings from the farside and makes me wonder if anyone is really interested in actual discussion here or if they are just bored.
Casper
Yeah, we did manage to get a bit off-topic, as fluid conversations often do. Now stop being snotty or I'll have to spank you, which you are free to take as a threat or a promise, whichever you choose. Now come say hello. And be nice -- you can smack Urbane Guerrilla around later.
Jill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 07:44 AM   #53
richlevy
King Of Wishful Thinking

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookout123 View Post
I identify as being right of center in most areas (shocker, I know) and I still believe UG is someone's sock puppet. Colbert, The Onion, UG...
Join the club, my friend. I think I've said that on a number of occasions. Although, back in the old Cellar days we had one or two people with views so extreme I thought the same thing. I believe that Barak turned out to be a real person.

There are people out there with extremely closed minds and extremist views that to them seem close to the mainstream. Any number of Wolf's former clients are probably surprised that anyone challenges what to them are simple facts.

There are people on the left who are also extreme. I would state, however, that being 'liberal' by definition means that one is open to other views. This does place extreme left-wingers vulnerable to either having their views challenged or to losing any claim to the title.

I'm still not sure if UG is a sock puppet, but the day I believe that gets closer the more extreme and indefensible his expressed views become. One day it won't be a choice of 'sock puppet or not', but of 'wool or cotton' .

Getting back on topic, I was talking to a conservative acquaintance and we both agreed that 'dancing in the streets' is a disturbing response. I was shocked and appalled when the bodies of American servicemen were dragged through the streets in Somalia. I had always hoped that we would not be like that. Killing an enemy is necessary in war. Feeling resolution, relief, and even satisfaction is reasonable. Expressing joyful exuberance in the taking of a life or lives is an attitude I would like to leave to our enemies as one of the differences between us that we are fighting to uphold.
I have always believed that hope is that stubborn thing inside us that insists, despite all the evidence to the contrary, that something better awaits us so long as we have the courage to keep reaching, to keep working, to keep fighting. -- Barack Hussein Obama
richlevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 10:27 AM   #54
lookout123

Quote:
Originally Posted by richlevy View Post
There are people on the left who are also extreme.
Do you think any of them will ever visit the cellar?

Quote:
I would state, however, that being 'liberal' by definition means that one is open to other views.
That may be the definition but that doesn't seem to be the SOP for many of the self described liberals found in the cellar and the streets.

Now as far as the dancing in the streets business, for me it isn't a moral issue so much as an intelligence issue. He's dead. Someone else was put in danger to accomplish the mission and they succeeded. Good on them. Dipshits dancing in Times Square is about the same as sports fans running through the streets like they had scored the championship winning point themselves. Fuck off, enjoy the moment and act like adults.
Old 05-04-2011, 10:43 AM   #55
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

Quote:
Now as far as the dancing in the streets business
There were a few who had lost family. Seemed like the vast majority were college-aged people. That assessment is from what I saw on MSNBC. They were cheering for Obama, I hope.
Old 05-04-2011, 11:05 AM   #56
Fair&Balanced
Operations Operative

Dancing in the streets was a bit excessive and but then again so is:
Quote:
I'm not chanting or dancing in the streets over his death. I don't get the point in that and I think those that are look a bit silly. But the idea that we should because someone loved him? Fuck that. Fuck that with a donkey dick.

He was a mass murdering piece of shit. His death was long overdue. In fact, I think after his death we should have wrapped his body in bacon and surrounded it by drooling dogs inside a display case. Then we should have let it tour the country before allowing anyone who lost someone on 9/11 to piss on it.

Someone loved him??? really? Someone probably thought Hitler was swell too but I'm damn sure there was a lot of justified celebration when he died.
Not the mass murdering piece of shit or that his death was long overdue or that someone loved him, but the rest.
Fair&Balanced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 11:21 AM   #57
lookout123

Yeah. You might want to get your funny bone checked.

edit: I am aware that my little paragraph wasn't high brow clever humor, but surely you must realize I wasn't actually promoting slathering him in bacon and sending him on tour?
Old 05-04-2011, 11:31 AM   #58
infinite monkey
Person who doesn't update the user title

However, I WOULD like it if you would slather me in bacon and send ME on tour. Sans the dead part, of course.
infinite monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 11:38 AM   #59
Fair&Balanced
Operations Operative

Quote:
Yeah. You might want to get your funny bone checked.

edit: I am aware that my little paragraph wasn't high brow clever humor, but surely you must realize I wasn't actually promoting slathering him in bacon and sending him on tour?
I get it now.

How about hanging his body at Ground Zero and allowing those who choose to spit on him.

Quote:
Just as Islamist extremists sought to use Ground Zero as a triumphal place to build their mosque, (uh oh, demagoguing the Ground Zero mosque again) the United States should use the site to display Osama bin Laden’s naked body for all Americans to see. We have a right to view our nation’s tormentor face to face, to make sure he is dead, and to spit on him if we choose.

http://bigpeace.com/jmwaller/2011/05...-qaeda-legacy/
Fair&Balanced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 11:41 AM   #60
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fair&Balanced View Post
I get it now.

How about hanging his body at Ground Zero and allowing those who choose to spit on him.
From your link...
"we’re looking at destroying his legacy, not being fair and balanced."

So apparently he doesn't want to be you.
lol

Tags
i love tw, i love ug, merc luvs jill, merry xmas from barry o, rip ug, teh president barry, u want me, who be barrio?