The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Current Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Current Events Help understand the world by talking about things happening in it

Old 12-13-2006, 01:36 AM   #61
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

Your sand box , your world , do as you see fit UT !!

Hey...making a statement similar to this got me banned from one board. Admittedly I did say that it was a dictatorship, but in essence, that's what i meant. The bloke who pays the bills ultimately gets to decide what to do and who stays...regardless of who likes it and who doesn't.
Old 12-13-2006, 02:46 AM   #62
NoBoxes

This situation is different.

Marichiko is secretly in love with Undertoad and UT knows it!

Mari, OTOH, knows that she could never come between Undertoad and his first love ... The Cellar.

UT is torn between two lovers [Mari and The Cellar], feeling like a fool, and as xoB pointed out they're breaking all the rules.

After banning marichiko; then; reinstating her ... ... Undertoad knows that breaking up is hard to do.

This is The Cellar presentation of Fatal Attraction.

I'M RIVETED!
Old 12-13-2006, 03:56 AM   #63
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

marichiko is banned

Marichiko won't be back.
I banned her.
Move along folks, nothing to see here.

Last edited by xoxoxoBruce; 12-14-2006 at 10:03 PM.
xoxoxoBruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 06:58 AM   #64
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Thanks Beestie, for posting the problem so eloquently. I believe it was you who understood it after the first ban. I admire your clarity, and when you really uncork a post, as you do from time to time, I am downright gay for you.

Thanks Bruce, for seeing the simplest and best solution for ALL involved, including chiko.

I somewhat regret being the level of hardass that I am about it, but in my current state of mind, I prefer honesty to politeness for the sake of being nice.

I would never ban someone just because they were intolerably irritating to me personally.

The subject of my original post is now being discussed in this thread: http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=12740
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 08:30 AM   #65
Spexxvet
Makes some feel uncomfortable

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookout123
aimed at me?
Nononononono. Absolutely not. Just saying that I do the same thing, and skip certain posts, by certain posters. There are some people here who I won't invest the time to read. Just tain't worth it - and I did say taint.
Old 12-13-2006, 05:30 PM   #66
lookout123
changed his status to single

hehehehe - he said taint...
Old 12-13-2006, 07:30 PM   #67
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beestie
I put the dingbat on my ignore list after her last self-centered, passive-aggressive maelstrom and found a way to enjoy the Cellar without her annoying presence.
Demonstrated is a difference between some of us. Some have so much contempt for opinion based upon emotion as to not need an ignore list - and not care. A difference between those who think using logic and those who cannot diverse themselves from silly emotions - the need for an ignore list.

Is that an insult? Again, depends whether or not you can think logically and see the point; or think emotionally and then take insult. Read anyone and everyone's posts. Do not do so is a first step to being a racist, promote hate, and to not see and ask of other's perspectives. To not read all only reinforces thinking based in emotion.

We were watching a classic example of the forces in domestic violence. More useful would have been more gasoline because the silliness of those emotions and resulting petty posts would play out for all to see.

Nothing in this thread justified the banning of anyone. But then not all could be so logical as to also see George Jr outrightly and intentionally lying. Both are perfect benchmarks of thinking without emotion. A benchmark for each lurker to learn whether he/she can think logically or are manipulated by their silly emotions. (Same silly emotions make Oprah so popular.) Those who think logically had no opinion of this thread other than see both silliness and pettiness. What we really needed was more gasoline so that the thread had value - was entertainment.
tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 08:26 PM   #68
Beestie
-◊|≡·∙■·∙≡|◊-

I see. And what else did your Mr. Spock doll tell you?
Old 12-13-2006, 08:42 PM   #69
tw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beestie
I see. And what else did your Mr. Spock doll tell you?
It is the difference between greater leaders of men verses those who are first to run when the gunfire starts. Hathcock defines it as the difference between those who can be a sniper verses those who wash out quickly. But then what do I know. I only read those who do the work, who have been there, and have seen how people really are when shit starts flying. Gasoline (not censorship) was what this thread really needed. Then we would have seen what people were really made of. Thats Entertainment.
Old 12-13-2006, 08:47 PM   #70
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

This thread ain't even the tip of the top of the iceberg, t.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 08:48 PM   #71
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

That's what Bush said about Iraq. :p
Old 12-13-2006, 09:20 PM   #72
lookout123

Quote:
Nothing in this thread justified the banning of anyone. But then not all could be so logical as to also see George Jr outrightly and intentionally lying.
seriously, how do you do it? you can use any and every thread as an excuse to paste in the same words that you have already used in every other thread.
Old 12-13-2006, 09:22 PM   #73
tw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertoad
This thread ain't even the tip of the top of the iceberg, t.
That's right. The iceberg should never exist because everyone in this board is supposed to be adult. That means your emotions need not appear. Adults learn to not care. Adults are logical and tolerant of the children. Adults read everything and respond only logically.

Children get emotional. Adults who remain children then do silly things like need carry concealed guns, pit bulls, insult others, and need other symbols of their manliness such as sex without condoms or imposing their religious beliefs on others.

And so I desperately wanted gasoline. More insults and drunken posts would have been useful. It would have been great entertainment - and an example to others of what happens when adults insist their emotions have credibility.

Remember what started this thread. Policitians could not even reply with facts. Emotion was added in irrelevant posts later. Politicians who are supposed to be leaders did not even have dirt under their fingernails - could not answer with an honest grasp of reality.

It is both fun and educational to watch the children play in nursery school - as they struggle to learn what is necessary to be an adult. Unfortunately some forget that life means learning every day after graduating after nursery school. Learning to think logically and without emotional bias means learning every day. Emotions never once justifies anything - be it a war, illegal immigration, or censorship.

Last edited by tw; 12-13-2006 at 09:27 PM.
Old 12-13-2006, 09:26 PM   #74
lookout123

do you actually honestly think you are emotionless in your posting? can you honestly say that you read anyone's posts except to look for an opening to drop your re-posts?
Old 12-13-2006, 09:54 PM   #75
yesman065
Banned - Self Imposed

What is the value of life without emotion? Unemotional?!?!?!? You have got to be kidding me. Emotions like desire, hate and love need to exist. Otherwise there is no point in life. Good gracious - aren't happiness and enjoyment emotions? tw, you and I strongly disagreed on many things during our last exchanges in other posts, but I respect your right to FEEL or BELIEVE the way you do. I too, also have the right to disagree.

I found and read this thread in its entirety for the first time tonight and was appalled, embarrassed and proud to be a member of the cellar. All of you with such diverse views and opinions are a bunch of awesome people - I just wish I had been around longer to fully comprehend what the hell happened.

I also wonder how close I must have come to being banned and for that I am very sorry to all of you. I apologize. I'm truly very sorry
yesman065 is offline   Reply With Quote