The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Current Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Current Events Help understand the world by talking about things happening in it

Old 12-15-2006, 12:25 AM   #151
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by tw
Quoted above are authors who posted using intelligence - not using hate. Maybe yes. Maybe no. Either answer says no adult cares. Why do you so hate her? – begging Lumberjim to make a logical reply. (BTW Lumberjim did the same thing to april - for those who were not here for that deja vue event.)
logical reply coming right up:

point 1: april was a psycho who told huge lies.

action: I, and a few others, called her on it. she went crazy, got banned

point 2: marichiko was a big liar who was a little psycho

action: jinx busted her posting with an alias in support of herself, I, and a few others, beat her up for it... she told more lies, went crazy and got banned.

times 2

in both cases, tw attempted to lay it solely at my feet.

conclusion: tw is still pissed off about that time i accused him of putting large vegetables up his ass and wearing womens underwear.

mmmmmmmmmmmmm........logic

i don;t hate marichiko, tw.....you one trick pony. i don't frequently post with emotion.

i make people laugh. it;s all i ever wanted. so i have an evil sense of humor. is that so wrong?

and sky, i think you're cute. don;t get all bent. you;re a sweetheart. don;t let me get to you. i'm just funnin' ya. cute-crazy is much better than dangerous to yourself and others-crazy like marichiko.

and in closing, i'd like to say.............fashizzel
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 12:30 AM   #152
zippyt
LONG LIVE KING ZIPPY! per Feetz

ya nizziel!!!
Old 12-15-2006, 12:33 AM   #153
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddha
HAHAHAHA! "Adults don't let petty discussions affect them - not for one minute." Calling me a cunt, an attention whore, a liar, etc. was not in the least hateful. Personally, those words made me feel alll warm and fuzzy inside. You claim to be be an adult, why did "petty discussiions" cause you and Jinx tc campaign for banning me? you contradict yourself.

You have no balls. As ayoung man, you sold stereo/electronics equipment of questionable quality to suckers in parking lots. You lean on UT to make this board a very unpleasant place for certain people, you are infamous for your crude language and cruder jokes, you go up to the men's room at work and watch your staff bang customer's wives; you are one of the biggest mysogynists I have ever seen on the web, you think obscene and mean=funny, and you pay UT plenty of money so you can stick around being a paid troll.

That's my, bluint, honest pollitiically incorrect opinion. Why are yoiu allowed to express it, but I an NOT? Just what sort of hold do you have over Tony, anyway? What makes YOU so speciall?
show me one post where i called for you to be banned. just one. i said i wanted you to fuck off. there's a difference.

i send tony $30 per month to support the cellar. $15 from me, $15 from jinx

i did the stereo thing for two or three weeks when i was 18

i love women.

i honestly care about the people here. i love them. i think you;re a sick fuck that lies to them and i want to show it to them. i make it unpleasant for certain people that suck.

oh, and i have 2 balls. big ones. no, really, they're pretty big.

and lastly, you quoted me quoting tw. dummy.
Old 12-15-2006, 12:45 AM   #154
skysidhe
~~Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.~~

well fashizzle manizzle !

I got to quote that before he takes it back. Oh boy am I a sucker for sweet talk.

yeah I know he's blowing smoke up my butt

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumberjim
and sky, i think you're cute. don;t get all bent. you;re a sweetheart. don;t let me get to you. i'm just funnin' ya.

Last edited by skysidhe; 12-15-2006 at 12:52 AM.
skysidhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 01:08 AM   #155
Ibby
erika

LJ is a major, major fuckhead, a total jerk, a complete prick...

But we all (well, MOST of us) LOVE him for it. He's hilarious, witty, cruel, and merciless, in all the right ways. He's great when he's not skewering you, and if youve got a sense of humour at all, still funny even then.
Old 12-15-2006, 01:10 AM   #156
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

bend over
Old 12-15-2006, 01:15 AM   #157
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecuracao
And disdain IS emotion.
So where is the disdain: as in extreme contempt or disgust for something or somebody? If disdain was posted, you would know it by personal attacks. I am not subtle and I associate political correctness with outright lying. Where is this disdain? It should be obvious.

Any post is read regardless of the poster. If I had disdain, then I would also have an ignore list. Never had one. Never even thought of creating one. Don't understand why anyone needs an ignore list. Have not a clue why some get so emotional as to need an ignore list.

Logic still says those actions were not typical of adults. Adults don't let silly emotion cause disdain of Marichiko. Logic says that her posts could have been regarded from many perspectives - including as a preliminary sketch for the next Mr Bean movie. Mr Bean would also get a staple stuck in a lock. So now we accuse Mr Bean of lying about that story? So now we must post disdain of Mr Bean?

Disdain is demonstrated by comments intentionally directed at the personality of marichiko – including ridiculous posts condemning the staple and lock. The adult, in a same emotional perspective, would have simply ignored her stories and moved on. But hate was so great that some just could not ignore her. That was disdain.

Curiously, lumberjim posts the same disdain for marichiko as he did for april. Go read it. Tell me what April did to deserve his obvious disdain? Skysidhe repeatedly (and others previously) post valid and logical points. Are they also posting disdain?
Quote:
Originally Posted by flint
can't we all just get along?
It really is not that hard to be adult. But it does mean actions are first predictated by simply questions such as 'why do I think this'? I keep asking that question and keep getting a same answer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tw
No logical fact posted justified so much hate of marichiko. I can grasp one fact that might justify the censorship. But I have yet to see anyone post that justification.
tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 01:20 AM   #158
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by tw
So where is the disdain: as in extreme contempt or disgust for something or somebody? If disdain was posted, you would know it by personal attacks. I am not subtle and I associate political correctness with outright lying. Where is this disdain? It should be obvious.

Any post is read regardless of the poster. If I had disdain, then I would also have an ignore list. Never had one. Never even thought of creating one. Don't understand why anyone needs an ignore list. Have not a clue why some get so emotional as to need an ignore list.

Logic still says those actions were not typical of adults. Adults don't let silly emotion cause disdain of Marichiko. Logic says that her posts could have been regarded from many perspectives - including as a preliminary sketch for the next Mr Bean movie. Mr Bean would also get a staple stuck in a lock. So now we accuse Mr Bean of lying about that story? So now we must post disdain of Mr Bean?

Disdain is demonstrated by comments intentionally directed at the personality of marichiko – including ridiculous posts condemning the staple and lock. The adult, in a same emotional perspective, would have simply ignored her stories and moved on. But hate was so great that some just could not ignore her. That was disdain.

Curiously, lumberjim posts the same disdain for marichiko as he did for april. Go read it. Tell me what April did to deserve his obvious disdain? Skysidhe repeatedly (and others previously) post valid and logical points. Are they also posting disdain? It really is not that hard to be adult. But it does mean actions are first predictated by simply questions such as 'why do I think this'? I keep asking that question and keep getting a same answer.
dude, you're insane. get help

the definition of insanity is repeating the same action and expecting to get different results, right?
Quote:
I keep asking that question and keep getting a same answer.
it's illogical.

oh, and mr bean is a fictional character, babe
Old 12-15-2006, 01:24 AM   #159
tw

Quote:
logical reply coming right up:

point 1: april was a psycho who told huge lies.
And an adult could not ignore that - must instead attack? Thank you lumberjim for demonstrating what others have defined. No wonder you declared war on the cat rather than spend some money on a trash can. Is that disdain? Is that a personal attack? Not either. It is a statement that also explains why you feel justified to personally attack others. 'Bully' is acceptable behavior?

Funny how you obviously celebrate your victories over April and Marichiko. Santa Claus lies to kids. He says he brings them toys. Do you also attack Santa Claus for lying? What exactly is your logic?
Old 12-15-2006, 01:33 AM   #160
bluecuracao
in a mood, not cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by tw
So where is the disdain: as in extreme contempt or disgust for something or somebody? If disdain was posted, you would know it by personal attacks.
tw, disdain is your m.o. I don't think it's a bad thing, necessarily--but you apparently think it is, because it's a display of emotion.

Emotion does not equal childishness, as you stress. It equals human.
bluecuracao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 01:41 AM   #161
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

no, man. the cat is alive and kickin. i got a bigger trash can. never hurt the cat.

i have no victory over april or marichiko. an adult would know this. only a child would react that way. an adult would realize that i never called for her to be banned. an adult only reads the facts, and does not read their personal preconceptions of childhood bullies from their past into someone's posts. an adult would recognize their own hipocrasy when they accuse someone of personal attacks, and then call thame a bully on the other side of the period.

ew. i think writing like you made me a little crazy. i feel an urge to go and shave my eyebrows off.

brb!
Old 12-15-2006, 01:50 AM   #162
tw

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecuracao
tw, disdain is your m.o.
That means I have "extreme contempt or disgust for something or somebody"?

Let's take three examples - Rumsfeld, McNamara, and Nixon. I am so obviously and strongly critical of all. However there are still things I have great respect for in each. The first two are great intellectual accomplishments. The first is just so pigheaded as to not be able to admit his mistakes. The second did admit his mistakes and moved on. (I also read his book in 1961(?) and easily got an A because he wrote with such clarity.) The third, well, there is a man with so few morals who could still become president and who could still see when another was wronged. Nixon clearly is on my short list for worst president of the US. And yet I don't see any extreme contempt or extreme disgust of the man. How could I see good (or intent to be good) in all three if I judged them using disdain?
Old 12-15-2006, 01:52 AM   #163
bluecuracao
in a mood, not cupcake

Quote:
ew. i think writing like you made me a little crazy. i feel an urge to go and shave my eyebrows off.

brb!
Step away from the short sentences! Use more exclamation points...and elipses--also run-on sentences, perhaps?
Old 12-15-2006, 01:59 AM   #164
bluecuracao
in a mood, not cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by tw
That means I have "extreme contempt or disgust for something or somebody"?

Let's take three examples - Rumsfeld, McNamara, and Nixon. I am so obviously and strongly critical of all. However there are still things I have great respect for in each. The first two are great intellectual accomplishments. The first is just so pigheaded as to not be able to admit his mistakes. The second did admit his mistakes and moved on. (I also read his book in 1961(?) and easily got an A because he wrote with such clarity.) The third, well, there is a man with so few morals who could still become president and who could still see when another was wronged. Nixon clearly is on my short list for worst president of the US. And yet I don't see any extreme contempt or extreme disgust of the man. How could I see good (or intent to be good) in all three if I judged them using disdain?
I mean, your responses to our comments often reek of disdain of our opinions. Again, it's not necessarily a bad thing; I'm just letting you know that you do show emotion, while at the same time criticizing us for doing it.
Old 12-15-2006, 03:34 AM   #165
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

This isn't about emotion, it's about fairness, kindness and civility.

There are two possibilities: a) Mari told the truth, in which case she was hounded and made miserable and ultimately banned for no good reason; or b) Mari engaged in fantasy, in which case she was hounded and made miserable and banned for no good reason.

This is playground stuff guys. This is conscious bullying. Who's next? Or have we sated our communal desire for an enemy/victim/target ?

I've said it before, I'll say it again: I like Mari, she's clever and she's funny and she has had a hard time adjusting to some awful experiences. Sitting at the other end of a computer, I have no real way to know if everything she says is true and frankly that doesn't bother me. I happen to think she's as truthful as most people. But that's really not the point.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote