The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Current Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Current Events Help understand the world by talking about things happening in it

Old 12-09-2006, 08:45 PM   #1
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Some Dwellars know more than the Senate Intel Cmte

(Message entirely deleted, marichiko the worthless fucking cunt hole replied to it, knowing exactly what she was doing. You don't get my content while she's here. I'm fucking OUT.)
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 09:58 PM   #2
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

i bow to the master
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 10:09 PM   #3
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

you'll still post to the subcellar, tho, right?
Old 12-09-2006, 10:24 PM   #4
marichiko

Were you asking me or UT? I'll post to all parts of the Cellar unless banned. I was checking to see if UT was just having a bad hair day when he asked me not to respond to his posts. Guess he really meant it. The funny thing is that I agreed with him. Maybe this gave him cold chills or something.

Also, I'm wondering if he plans never to post to the cellar again until/if I leave; or just that I better never ever reply to something he posts.?????

Last edited by marichiko; 12-09-2006 at 10:40 PM.
Old 12-09-2006, 11:30 PM   #5
zippyt
LONG LIVE KING ZIPPY! per Feetz

(Message entirely deleted, marichiko the worthless fucking cunt hole replied to it, knowing exactly what she was doing. You don't get my content while she's here. I'm fucking OUT.)
I think that was a Verry clear FUCK OFF !!!!!
Old 12-10-2006, 05:10 AM   #6
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

I'm confused. All seems a tad over the top to me.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 05:18 AM   #7
skysidhe
~~Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.~~

gawddammit...
skysidhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 09:35 AM   #8
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

This has gone entirely too damn far. This is a BBS, ie, Bulletin Board.
Since when are posts only for certain members to respond to?
Personal attacks on members, designed to belittle the poster and ignore the content of their post, is childish and stupid.
Personal feuds damage the board, make it unpleasant for members and makes lurkers/casual readers fearful of posting what could be pertinent, useful, information.
Posting is individual contribution not a team sport, no choosing sides, us against them.

Stop it....just fucking stop it.
Old 12-10-2006, 10:40 AM   #9
limey
Encroaching on your decrees

what xob said
Old 12-10-2006, 10:46 AM   #10
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce
Personal attacks on members, designed to belittle the poster and ignore the content of their post, is childish and stupid.
Personal feuds damage the board, make it unpleasant for members and makes lurkers/casual readers fearful of posting what could be pertinent, useful, information.
Posting is individual contribution not a team sport, no choosing sides, us against them.

i don't think it has gone far enough. one bad apple can spoil an entire barrell. one person can polarize and divide people into teams. your opinion of what is valuable content plainly differs from mine, and i'm sure everyone has their own, too. I'm not worried about dissuading lurkers from posting some little gem. i'm worried about people i like bailing out because they find this place to be less enjoyable with certain memebers participating.

when one annoying person can make the board unenjoyable to it's creator.....know it, and still refuse to fuck off.......well, you tell me; Should we just take the high road, and hope she'll go away on her own? Should we all drop out until she leaves? ( that's certainly tempting) should we just accept her as inevitable? I've resolved to be rude and obnoxious to her. you handle it how you like. don't expect me to stop it though.

why won't she take a fucking hint, a smack in the face, and a formal invitaion to leave?
Old 12-10-2006, 11:17 AM   #11
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
one bad apple can spoil an entire barrell. one person can polarize and divide people into teams.
I agree, but there are different opinions on who that apple(s) is(are).
Don't assume your personal apple is a consensus, or entitles you to bully anyone that annoys you.
Anyone with strong opinions is going to annoy somebody, but that doesn't invalidate their point, no matter how abrasive they are.
Quote:
There are only three RULES of the Cellar.
Do not try to break the law using the Cellar.
Do not try to break the Cellar.
Do not be "intolerably irritating".
The meaning of that last item is of course open to interpretation. But basically, if you are a troll, attention whore, moron, spammer, single-issue hammer, or otherwise want to hurt or "test" this community, you WILL be removed and banned.
BUT, that's not your decision to make, no vigilantes.
Being the soup nazi is not good for business.
Old 12-10-2006, 11:43 AM   #12
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

whatever. buh bye.

i will be posting once or twice more when something i've been planning with another dwellar is ready to go.......after that, i'm with tony.

enjoy your marichiko content, bruce.
Old 12-10-2006, 11:21 AM   #13
marichiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumberjim
i don't think it has gone far enough. one bad apple can spoil an entire barrell. one person can polarize and divide people into teams. your opinion of what is valuable content plainly differs from mine, and i'm sure everyone has their own, too. I'm not worried about dissuading lurkers from posting some little gem. i'm worried about people i like bailing out because they find this place to be less enjoyable with certain memebers participating.

when one annoying person can make the board unenjoyable to it's creator.....know it, and still refuse to fuck off.......well, you tell me; Should we just take the high road, and hope she'll go away on her own? Should we all drop out until she leaves? ( that's certainly tempting) should we just accept her as inevitable? I've resolved to be rude and obnoxious to her. you handle it how you like. don't expect me to stop it though.

why won't she take a fucking hint, a smack in the face, and a formal invitaion to leave?
Why don't you just put me on ignore? Why doesn't Jinx/Isis just put me on ignore? Why doesn't BigLargeMcHuge just put me on ignore? Don't you have things that you should be doing with your wife and kids in your precious free time on Saturday nights and Sunday mornings?

I have watched you deliberately hound perfectly decent people off this board, so why are you so worried that a lurker or two might read one of my posts, judge the entire board on one poster, and flee never to return? I think what might cause them to flee is the treatment I get from from you and UT. Discussion boards are boring when they're made up of people who do nothing but say "ditto," "I agree," "right on." Its the debates which make a board interesting or not.

I formally invite YOU to leave and go Christmas shopping with your family.
Old 12-10-2006, 01:35 PM   #14
Hippikos
Flocci Non Facio

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce

Now y´all listen to the man, will ya?

Probably I´ve missed a lot lately, but this thread is fcuking pathetic...

Last edited by Hippikos; 12-10-2006 at 01:41 PM.
Hippikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 11:54 AM   #15
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

This is sad.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote