The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Images > Image of the Day
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Image of the Day Images that will blow your mind - every day. [Blog] [RSS] [XML]

Old 06-06-2016, 12:14 AM   #1
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

June 6th, 2016: Guess

You know I can't skip over D-Day without mention. Years of preparation and planning to prepare while Hitler and Stalin slugged it out.
It pretty much put most of our eggs in one basket, and it worked but it was, as the image shows, expensive.

It was the Big One, WW II, the war to clean up the shit stirred by WW I, The War to End All Wars.
But the sad and disappointing part is we didn't learn a damn thing except how to kill people and destroy property, wholesale.

That's depressing so why don't we chill with a nice Aurora picture from Aurora Chasers.

I had the whole post set up and ready to push the launch button, and the power went off. sigh.
Old 06-06-2016, 07:02 AM   #2
Snakeadelic
Banned

--I had the whole post set up and ready to push the launch button, and the power went off. sigh.

I feel ya! It's time for our cats to get booster vaccinations, which I promised to pay for...and now I have to call my dentist. "Hey, doc, remember the time I came in a few years ago and introduced you to the phrase 'freak flossing accident'? Well, I was flossing last night and guess what? Another filling popped out, might even be the same tooth."

At least after like 8 years of patching my dentition back together, he finally believes there's a genetic component to my weak and brittle teeth. And luckily it's not hurting, but still...

Gorgeous multicolor dome-shaped aurora! Never seen them for myself yet; every time they wander far enough south (and almost every time we have a meteor shower, comet, eclipse, etc) our skies immediately and stubbornly cloud over. One time, for a lunar eclipse, there was literally ONE cloud in the night sky. Ten minutes before the eclipse started, it parked itself in front of the moon. Ten minutes after the eclipse ended, it moved on.
Snakeadelic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 10:27 AM   #3
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

I had to go to Alaska and Canada to see good ones, and even then it's a crap shoot.