The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Images > Image of the Day
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Image of the Day Images that will blow your mind - every day. [Blog] [RSS] [XML]

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-20-2010, 12:14 AM   #1
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Sept 20, 2010: Growing Old Gracefully

A friend emailed me some snapshots of Jim O'Hara, his wife Mitzi, and their plane. I Googled them to find the the real story, as emails tend to be misleading if not down right bullshit. Guess what, it's twue, it's twue.
From the email;
Quote:
Jim O’Hara is a member of EAA chapter 493 in San Angelo. He is a retired college professor (I believe in Aeronautical Engineering) who learned to fly when he was about 60 years old. He's now 81 years old. 15 years ago, he began construction of a 2/3 scale P-38. Using information he obtained from various sources about the P-38, he drew up a set of plans using a computer aided design program. Jim and his wife Mitzi built the entire aircraft by themselves. I've been fortunate enough to know Jim for almost the entire 15 years that he's been working on his "project." He first flew his plane in July of last year, and has just completed flying off the time (I believe it was 50 hours). He designed the plane to have a small jump seat behind the pilot for his wife. She's tiny, and it's a good thing; the jump seat doesn't have much room.

Bet he isn't sitting on the porch of the control tower snarling, get off my runway ya whippersnappers!
That's what I call growing old gracefully.

Link