The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Images > Quality Images and Videos
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Quality Images and Videos Post your own images and videos of your own days

Old 12-09-2003, 01:47 PM   #46
LUVBUGZ
Not aging gracefully.

"If" teal were a "variant of green", following the Cellar's color options line of labeling greens, it would be called "teal green".

Teal is labeled as teal.

The "description" of teal, for those who aren't familiar with the color, is bluish green to greenish blue as Wolf has so graciously pointed out (with supporting proof).

According to your line of thought, teal could just as easily be a "variant of blue".

Mama Loves You Baby Girl ~ May You Rest In Peace
LUVBUGZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2003, 02:04 PM   #47
FileNotFound
Intouch with his inner sheep rider.

Quote:
Originally posted by LUVBUGZ
"If" teal were a "variant of green", following the Cellar's color options line of labeling greens, it would be called "teal green".

Teal is labeled as teal.

The "description" of teal, for those who aren't familiar with the color, is bluish green to greenish blue as Wolf has so graciously pointed out (with supporting proof).

According to your line of thought, teal could just as easily be a "variant of blue".
I never realized that the color naming scheme used on a forum can be used to define colors. Will you also argue that silver is not a shade of gray?

Teal is a shade of green. Teal is a shade of blue. In fact all the variants you listed are some shade of green and another color.

BUT since green is a the primary pigment in teal, teal is in fact a shade of green.

Oh and yes, teal can be seen as a variant of blue. As can Sea-green. But that’s not according to me but the accepted standards of primary pigments and color schemes. You did take an art class in school right? I suppose the real question is, “Did you learn anything in the art class you took in school?”.

When you really get down to it, EVERY color in the world can be described as either a variant of red, green and blue or cyan, magenta, yellow, (black). That’s the two variants of the 'primary pigments', commonly referred to a RGB and CMY(K). Oh and K is black and is in () because it's not exactly needed as a pigment but used in printing as a primary pigment to use less ink.

Of course you don't know this..because you're ignorant.
FileNotFound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2003, 02:09 PM   #48
Whit
Umm ... yeah.

Sigh, where to start....
      Sorry for your loss Pete. Pets can become very much a part of your life and really throw things out of whack when they are gone.

Ok, for the rest of it. Wolf, Juju, wtf? You guys know that a special thread was made in Cellar area to deal with Bugz. Specificaly to prevent this type of thread pollution. Yes, I know the real concern was keeping it out of IOTD threads, as that is all a lot of lurkers view. Still, a guy comes on to talk about the death of his pet and we get a long list of posts of the usual Bugz problems? Move it over people.
      For the new guys, I suggest you go back and read that thread. Might give you an idea of what dealing with Bugz is going to be like.
Old 12-09-2003, 02:12 PM   #49
FileNotFound

Whit, no offense but the guy who originally posted the cute although now dead hamster hasn't shown his face for the past 4 days.

If he or the now dead hamster is upset about this 'post pollution' I'm certain that they can speak for themselves...well maybe not the hamster.
Old 12-09-2003, 02:17 PM   #50
Whit
Umm ... yeah.

It's really not about that, FNF. You see, this tends to be the way of almost any thread Bugz posts in. Thus it's best to ignore her in the thread and deal with her seperately, in a thread made for it. Otherwise it gets the mess everywhere. That's all.
Old 12-09-2003, 02:22 PM   #51
Dagney
The Prodigal Brat Returneth

Shhhh Whit, she'll claim you're attacking her again.

Need my Kevlar?

Dagney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2003, 02:25 PM   #52
FileNotFound

Fine I'll just ignore the ignorant ‘sea green’ abomination. There is no hope of any intelligent thoughts being produced by her during a discussion anyway.
Old 12-09-2003, 02:30 PM   #53
Whit
Umm ... yeah.

Nah, Dagney, I declared peace because I hated wasting what little free time I had on this kind of crap. I intend to maintain it.

FNF, that's cool. Good luck with that. You've got to figure though, if someone as mellow as Juju is ready to attack... Nah, the best I'll ask for is moving it off the main boards so we can actually continue whatever discussion is at hand.
Old 12-09-2003, 02:32 PM   #54
juju
no one of consequence

I'm sorry.
juju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2003, 02:33 PM   #55
Dagney
The Prodigal Brat Returneth

Tis about how I feel Whit - too many important things in life to worry about - I don't stress about what color someone uses to post to a message board. And if it annoys me, I just don't read it.

(I tend to skip a LOT of posts some days)

Something unusual is in the air the past few weeks. Too much bickering, infighting, and anger floating around for my comfort.

Sounds about time to head to Tahiti with a mai tai and a good book. (I think I need to take Brian with me *G*)

Dagney

Dagney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2003, 03:53 PM   #56
petecart
Provocateur

Guy w/ dead hamster speaks on text colors

Hello Folks,

No I have not posted for four days - but I am reading.

I'll get flamed for saying this but text colors in this forum don't bother me much - if I really need to read it then a drag of the mouse across the text generally makes it readable.

Don't think that because I don't post does not mean that I am not reading.

Thank you Luvbugs and Whit for chiming in nicely. We appreciate your kind words.

Now it's dark.

program ends
petecart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2003, 04:47 PM   #57
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Class act, Petecart. Very class act.
Old 12-09-2003, 06:06 PM   #58
Beestie
-◊|≡·∙■·∙≡|◊-

Besides, colored fonts make it somewhat easy to readily determine which posts one might want to focus on ...or not.
Old 12-09-2003, 06:22 PM   #59
ladysycamore
"I may not always be perfect, but I'm always me."

Quote:
Originally posted by wolf
I am admittedly old and unhip. I do not play Yu-Gi-Oh or Neopets, and actually have no clue what either entails.
Oh you old poophead...just kidding. :p

Love Yu-Gi-Oh! (I just watch the anime; I don't play it), and Neopets...oh that reminds me...SYC, we need to feed our pets!!!

Here are my two "babies"

Xavieus the Peophin

Sally6520 the Zafara

"The Akan concept of Sankofa: In order to move forward we first have to take a step back. In other words, before we can be prepared for the future, we must comprehend the past." From "We Did It, They Hid It"
ladysycamore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2003, 06:27 PM   #60
Happy Monkey
I think this line's mostly filler.

I love the colors! No worries!
|_______________| [pics]
Happy Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote