The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 12-14-2008, 10:54 AM   #2986
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Sundae Girl

Took pil to the vets yesterday morning and that swallowed another £50. I have to take him back in a week, so if he needs more treatment that'll probably swallow up what little remaining leeway there is in my finances.

More importantly, Pilau has to rest for a week: no walks = dog bouncing off the walls by midweek. The vet was reassuring inasmuch as he isn't leaning towards anything sinister just yet. There are a couple of possible concerns flagged up but they're unlikely.

So, I was feeling a little bit low. And then a little package arrived with a tiny card and teensy sundae inside! As soon as I dig my camera out I'll take a pic. Totally cheered me up. Out the blue and unexpected, it was the best timed package ever lol.

God, I actually feel a bit Christmassy now! ty Cherry
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 04:07 PM   #2987
HungLikeJesus
Only looks like a disaster tourist

The temperature has risen to -6°F from -8°F (-22 C). It's good to be inside on a day like today.

SteveDallas's Random Thread Picker.
HungLikeJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 04:52 PM   #2988
kerosene
Touring the facilities

And the sunshine is an added bonus.
kerosene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 05:29 PM   #2989
SteveDallas
Your Bartender

For the past 3 or 4 months we've been doing a "family video night" on Saturday. This is not only to do something together as a familiy, when we all have very hectic schedules, but also to expose the kids to some movies that aren't just the usual kiddie junk.

Last night we played A Christmas Story, which nobody in the family had seen besides me. The kids actually enjoyed it.

(Annoying: The VD picked up some scratches or something that caused some jerkiness midway through.)
SteveDallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 11:19 PM   #2990
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

Jelly tops from Home Icecream. The best iceblocks in the world!
Old 12-15-2008, 11:04 AM   #2991
wolf
lobber of scimitars

My sister has been visiting with momwolf and I over the weekend. She spent last week in Philadelphia at some training down at the Wharton School and flew back today.

One of the big things in wolf family Christmas program is that there shall be fudge. MomWolf makes pounds of the stuff.

SisWolf's office is aware of the fudge, and demanded that it be brought back rather than waiting for it to be mailed.

So I drop SisWolf off at the airporch this morning.

She called to tell us about her adventure.

Apparently she managed to do all of those preboarding things, checking in and all, and was going through security.

TSA Drone: Miss, you need to step off to the side.

SisWolf (who has never been selected for additional screening): Why?

TSA Drone: Miss, there appear to be several pounds of irregularly shaped slabs wrapped in foil in your carry-on.

SisWolf: What? Oh. That's fudge.

TSA Drone: It's What?

SisWolf: Fudge. Chocolate, Milk Chocolate Walnut, Butterscotch, and Maple Walnut.

TSA Drone opened her bag and inspected it, finding foil wrapped bricks as described, each with a little tag indicating flavor. He did not open any of the packets.

I hope everyone feels safer.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 11:14 AM   #2992
SteveDallas
Your Bartender

Not as safe as I'd feel with a good fudge recipe....
SteveDallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 11:46 AM   #2993
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Hey, that fudge could have been heroin. could have been! That's what I tell them when I'm trying to sneak some high-grade black tar thru anyway.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 02:31 PM   #2994
skysidhe
~~Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.~~

Good news Dana. It sounds like your pootch is on the mend.? I am very curious about the sundae.

Not when your patio door is frozen shut HLJ. Not like it added to the warmth factor.

I can't believe they didn't look wolf. I just can't. lol @ I hope everyone feels safer.
skysidhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 02:41 PM   #2995
sweetwater
lives inside a Mobius strip

TSA stories - there could be an entire thread devoted to them! One time my spouse was stopped & his luggage searched because they noticed something weird in there. They popped open the lid and found a half dozen of those wands they use to check people. That got them curious, but his company built them and he was on his way to a trade show. He managed to get his business card into their hands before leaving.
No peanut butter fudge?
Old 12-15-2008, 02:43 PM   #2996
HungLikeJesus
Only looks like a disaster tourist

Quote:
Originally Posted by skysidhe View Post

Not when your patio door is frozen shut HLJ. Not like it added to the warmth factor.

At least it's not frozen open. I've had that happen, due to ice build up in the tracks.

SteveDallas's Random Thread Picker.
HungLikeJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 03:06 PM   #2997
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

So if we pack fudge around the plastic explosive, roll that in aluminum foil, and label it with the fudge's flavor, the TSA people will let it go right on board?

I mean, I'm not a fudge packer myself, but...
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 04:52 PM   #2998
ZenGum
Doctor Wtf

Well I was thinking hashish looks more like fudge, but I'm glad they'll take your word for it.
Old 12-15-2008, 05:20 PM   #2999
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
Mr. Show:
Old 12-16-2008, 11:37 AM   #3000
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

I treated myself to a couple of things from The American Food Store in Milton Keynes today with the money Grandad gave me for Christmas.

Mum and Dad wanted to go to the shopping centre and market, so I tagged along. I had forgotten the store was there to be honest, so it was a lovely surprise to see it.

I spent ages laughing at the hot sauce names, and then Mum came in (they were in a shop across the way) and laughed along with me. Then when we left, told Dad all about them and made him laugh as well.

It's great when just looking at thnigs can make three people happy!

Anyway, I bought myself some Aunt Jemima ready-to-bake cornbread, some Ass Kickin Hot mustard (I restrained myself from buying the peanuts - I would eat them all in one sitting which is NOT HEALTHY) and a Payday candy bar.

Nom, nom, Merkin nom.

Apart from that, just the little things. Being up and showered and breakfasted and unhungover. Spending the day with my parents. Looking forward to dinner tonight. You know.
Sundae is offline   Reply With Quote