The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Cellar-related > Cellar Meta

Cellar Meta Users, threads, etiquette, posting, usage, forums, why this place matters or doesn't

View Poll Results: What do you think?
No: I don't like how they respond to some posters 10 35.71%
Yes: I think what they say is ok 2 7.14%
Yes: I think they're funny 8 28.57%
Don't care either way 8 28.57%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-19-2011, 10:12 AM   #136
skysidhe
~~Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaC View Post
What seriously? In all of the cellar, it's just you on your tod getting in Monster's face?

When she is unkind to people, I don't see anyone, even the attack-ie saying a damn thing.

If you have proof of people standing up to her abuse, post them here.

Quote:
The post itself was an example of how to fight that.
And what does the post say? She is going to continue to troll what she deems beneath her intelligence level and those posts that are too florally wishy washy.

How is censureship, when a post isn't harming anyone, good for this community?

Last edited by skysidhe; 04-19-2011 at 10:17 AM.
skysidhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 10:16 AM   #137
Pico and ME
Are you knock-kneed?

When Monster is being 'unkind' it is usually because she is pointing out what she sees as an idiocy in someone else's post. Its not abuse for abuses sake.
Pico and ME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 10:19 AM   #138
skysidhe

So she is taking issue with a post she doesn't think is worthy and bashes the poster. It isn't about content at all.
Old 04-19-2011, 10:22 AM   #139
Pico and ME
Are you knock-kneed?

That's how you see it, but I think you are taking it too personally.
Old 04-19-2011, 10:25 AM   #140
skysidhe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flint View Post
My interpretation: It means fighting against something like political correctness. The invasion would be those who wish to make the world a safe and boring place by removing the soul from it. In the name of a "good cause" of course, but ironically killing the very thing they wish to protect. Some of us have to practice forethought in order to counter these well-intentioned but reactive ideas.

I like what you wrote although, forethought is not one of monsters posting style.

For example, cloud was not being politically correct by asking a question in your math thread. Instead of helping, monster insulted her, made references to movies, which she is inclined to do, in an attempt to belittle and humiliate her.

This doesn't fit your interpretation.
Old 04-19-2011, 10:27 AM   #141
Pico and ME
Are you knock-kneed?

Yeah, but cloud got really weird about brackets...I'm just saying.
Old 04-19-2011, 10:30 AM   #142
skysidhe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pico and ME View Post
That's how you see it, but I think you are taking it too personally.

No, this is an attempt to understand intent.

I understand the intent is to suppress others she sees as weaker, while giving herself full rein.

but as I said, the next time she trolls someone and they don't have the guts to say, knock it off, oh well.

Quote:
Yeah, but cloud got really weird about brackets...I'm just saying.
Maybe she wanted to understand the problem. Maybe monster could have used her advanced degree to give a proper example. Maybe someone would have learned something. So, THIS is what she is fighting against.
The desire to learn.
Old 04-19-2011, 10:45 AM   #143
Pooka
Your Invisible Rabbit Friend

When I first saw this thread I assumed it was a joke. Monster and Shawnee are among my favorite characters on here.

I fail to see why anyone would get so bent out of shape at ANYTHING anyone said… online.
Pooka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 10:50 AM   #144
Pico and ME
Are you knock-kneed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skysidhe View Post

...Maybe she wanted to understand the problem. Maybe monster could have used her advanced degree to give a proper example. Maybe someone would have learned something...
Monster did do that with her, as did others. Cloud still remained obtuse for some reason, and I think Monster just lost her patience with her. It wasn't a deliberate attempt to "suppress others she sees as weaker, while giving herself full rein". You are being really really silly here Sky.
Old 04-19-2011, 11:05 AM   #145
skysidhe

For whatever the reason, it wasn't right. There are seven other people who feel the same way.

So let me get this straight, You think by me thinking she should have helped someone is silly yet losing patience with someone forgivable. humm

Losing her patience would be different than fighting against ignorance and wishy washy florally. Not a matter of principle at all. A pure emotional response which are often, by their very nature, lacking in forethought.

Which by the way, I like I.M. I cannot dislike her. I understand passion quite well.
Old 04-19-2011, 11:06 AM   #146
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

@ Sky: no, I don't have examples of people standing up to 'abuse' from Monster, because I have no examples of 'abuse' to draw from. There are examples of her being a bit of a bitch with someone. There are also examples of you being a bit of a bitch with someone. And me too, no doubt.

I don't accept the basic premise I'm afraid.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 11:08 AM   #147
Pico and ME
Are you knock-kneed?

Me either.

And those 7 other people can just put her on ignore...problem solved.
Old 04-19-2011, 11:16 AM   #148
skysidhe

Quote:
@ Sky: no, I don't have examples of people standing up to 'abuse' from Monster, because I have no examples of 'abuse' to draw from. There are examples of her being a bit of a bitch with someone. There are also examples of you being a bit of a bitch with someone. And me too, no doubt.

I don't accept the basic premise I'm afraid.
I agree.
Old 04-19-2011, 12:00 PM   #149
Cloud

I would like to thank the OP for thinking of me and standing up to what the OP perceived as injustice. It was a nice thought, although I think it backfired.

Do I need someone else to stick up for me? Frankly, no. I'm perfectly capable of sticking up for myself, if I want to. I usually choose not to, because I view that as pandering to bullies and bringing myself down to their level, and in the end, it's not really worth it to me.
Old 04-19-2011, 12:07 PM   #150
infinite monkey
Person who doesn't update the user title

Quote:
Monster did do that with her, as did others. Cloud still remained obtuse for some reason, and I think Monster just lost her patience with her. It wasn't a deliberate attempt to "suppress others she sees as weaker, while giving herself full rein". You are being really really silly here Sky.
I can say, for me, that cloud is often obtuse for obtuse's sake. The brackets was another in a long history of posts that derail the the subject at hand so that everyone will stop and patiently explain to the poor weak innocent the folly of her tangential (is that a word?) post.

The thread about cutting some damn flower stems, for example: 453 people suggested ideas but she just kept intentionally playing helpless and ignorant, wrninging her hands and wanting some sort of higher solution.

It gets so I make a joke out of it to avoid banging my head against the wall.
infinite monkey is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pensive pam wannabes, romper room