The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 12-09-2007, 01:10 PM   #136
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Binky, I'm sure the sullen is just her age and only time will fix that, but it she really happy in her maths class? It could be a problem with her teacher, the person she sits next to or even a problem with the subject itself. I used to proudly boast, "I don't do maths" in my teens, covering up my horror at a subject I could barely understand. It wasn't until I left school that I was tested for dyscalculia. I'm not ashamed of it, but I am a lot less flippant about my poor mathematical skills and work harder to cover it now!

Then again, could be just teen ennui.

(PS, sorry if middle school doesn't equal teen over there, I'm assuming a bit here!)
Old 12-09-2007, 02:21 PM   #137
Perry Winkle
Esnohplad Semaj Ton

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookout123 View Post
that doesn't seem so bad. you don't have to be into everything. I like many others am completely turned even by the concept of ATM.
Dude, that's disgusting. You never go ass to mouth!
Perry Winkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 10:38 AM   #138
jester
why so serious

Idiot customer service. Vendors who can fax you a statement right now, but won’t be able to get you an invoice for two weeks. I'm paying invoices for the month today. You have already charged me a finance charge for the invoice I don’t have and if I have to wait two more weeks it will be another finance charge. BS. Stupid
jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 10:51 AM   #139
jester
why so serious

I've been here for 3 hours and already it's freakin' phone calls from Hell today.
Old 12-10-2007, 12:52 PM   #140
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

People who don't pay their bills. I am a commissioned salesman - Its a very simple process - I sell & you buy. I send a bill for the amount you agreed to ay - effin PAY IT! I am lookin at a very meager christmas because a bunch of dirtbags aren't paying their bills. Lemme waste another day callin a bunch of losers only to hear "I'll get around to it" or whatever other lame excuse they come up with. UGGHH!! !! !!
- - - As you were - - -
classicman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 01:53 PM   #141
binky
all hollowed out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundae Girl View Post
Binky, I'm sure the sullen is just her age and only time will fix that, but it she really happy in her maths class? It could be a problem with her teacher, the person she sits next to or even a problem with the subject itself. I used to proudly boast, "I don't do maths" in my teens, covering up my horror at a subject I could barely understand. It wasn't until I left school that I was tested for dyscalculia. I'm not ashamed of it, but I am a lot less flippant about my poor mathematical skills and work harder to cover it now!

Then again, could be just teen ennui.

(PS, sorry if middle school doesn't equal teen over there, I'm assuming a bit here!)
Actually even though she is not quite 12, we are fully into the hormonally-driven screaming matches that I remember being on the other end of 30 years ago, and she can do her math fine, so I don't think there is any problem we can't get through as long as I breathe down her neck until she graduates high school-and for an update- she did 5 pages of the missing assignments this past weekend, and then left them sitting in the folder, on our air hockey table in the family rm
Old 12-14-2007, 03:21 PM   #142
jester
why so serious

What's the deal with cops? Trying to get thru intersections flashing their lights, but no siren. What the crap? Is it....

a. Krispy Kreme just turned on the "Hot & Fresh Now" sign?

b. Quitting time - gotta go clock out?

c. There's a hottie on the corner, gotta go "frisk" her?

d. all the above
Old 12-14-2007, 04:08 PM   #143
Cicero
Looking forward to open mic night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by classicman View Post
People who don't pay their bills. I am a commissioned salesman - Its a very simple process - I sell & you buy. I send a bill for the amount you agreed to ay - effin PAY IT! I am lookin at a very meager christmas because a bunch of dirtbags aren't paying their bills. Lemme waste another day callin a bunch of losers only to hear "I'll get around to it" or whatever other lame excuse they come up with. UGGHH!! !! !!
- - - As you were - - -
That happened to me the other day.....the guy didn't receive the check and started calling everyone unethical etc. etc.. bullshit bullshit...he got the check the next day and fealt stupid.
Old 12-15-2007, 02:13 AM   #144
Urruke
In a semi-hybernative state

When the gov wants a note from a doctor, you go to the doctor to get it and find out you need a form from the gov for the doctor to fill out, then the gov people clocked out early for the day on a friday, but they want you to get in their paperwork ASAP or you'll miss the chance, since it takes 2 weeks for them to review and file the paperwork. XD
Urruke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 02:58 AM   #145
Drax
Banned

Hey, what can I say. Everything in government is fucked up, and slow as owl shit.
Drax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 11:09 AM   #146
zippyt
LONG LIVE KING ZIPPY! per Feetz

The Fucking Dripping cealing in the laundry room !!!!
Now I have to get up on the roof and see if I can Patch it

34 degrees and raining FUUUUCCCCCKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-15-2007, 03:20 PM   #147
Cicero
Looking forward to open mic night.

Zippy is going to freeze.....
Old 12-15-2007, 04:44 PM   #148
zippyt
LONG LIVE KING ZIPPY! per Feetz

Ahh thats what the Coffie , Jameson , and Baileys is for , to warm ya Back up !!!
Old 12-15-2007, 04:59 PM   #149
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Had free samples of Baileys and Christmas Pudding in the supermarket today. Then watched the loaded-trolley-woman in front of me check me out, note my two items of a bag of cat litter and 6 pints of milk, check me out again, start loading her trolley onto the conveyor and look at my two goods again...

Not really complaining about her, I was avoiding the scrum of the "10 Items or Less Self Checkout" but it would have been polite for her to usher me forwards. She was obviously considering it, but hey - I had my book and after all used the time better than her imo.
Old 12-15-2007, 06:09 PM   #150
monster
I hear them call the tide

1) festive tree fell over smashing shitloads of baubles and I was too upset about it to take a photo for the "Fail" thread even though I thought about it. Now I really wish i had. But I don't want it to fall again.

2) One of the little shits -I mean girls- invited to hebe's party decided she felt ill after an hour and wanted to go home. fine, I'd rather she puked at home. On leaving, I reminded her to take the velveted picture box she'd "made" as our first craft project and she said "oh, I don't want it" and her father did nothing to correct her behaviour and seemed cross with me that she had called him. I hope she barfs in his car.