The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-12-2009, 09:53 AM   #1
Pie
Gone and done

Mystery garden

So, as many of you know, I have a new house. This house has a garden. A garden lovingly tended for many years by the previous owners. We moved into the house in January, when most plants were dormant. Now, spring is arriving and things are starting to wake up.

There are... things... blooming, growing, wanting to be fed. A very few of them, I recognize (Japanese Andromeda, daffodils, rhododendrons, azaleas, vinca, pachysandra. And lots of moss.) The rest are .

Tonight, I will post some pictures of what is out there. I hope to pull on the vast collective gardening experience of the Dwellars for identification and perhaps some advise.

Right now, I'll ask a shorter question:
What are the critical, can't-do-without gardening and yard maintenance tools?
We have about 0.2 acres, not much grass. Lots of trees, so lots of leaves. It's in Maryland, so that's hardiness zone 6, I think. My track record with gardening is spotty at best, so I'd like to keep it simple.

Last edited by Pie; 03-12-2009 at 10:41 AM. Reason: formatting
Pie is offline   Reply With Quote