The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Cities and Travel

Cities and Travel Tell us about where you are; tell us about where you want to be

Old 12-08-2005, 10:24 PM   #91
slang
St Petersburg, Florida

What needs to be explained with this shot? Anything?
Attached Images

slang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 10:26 PM   #92
slang
St Petersburg, Florida

Ever seen a sign that you thought was so amusing that you had to have a photo of it? When I saw this I just broke out laughing. Sometime after the photos were taken the sign disappeared.

This was taken at the third floor of the Durban St Inn, Makati.
Attached Images

Old 12-08-2005, 10:27 PM   #93
slang
St Petersburg, Florida

Last image
Attached Images

Old 12-08-2005, 10:29 PM   #94
slang
St Petersburg, Florida

It seems that everyone here wants their footprints in any new construction. So much so that very few steps or sidewalks here dont have some writing or footprints or some type of creative expression hardend into them.
Attached Images

Old 12-08-2005, 10:31 PM   #95
slang
St Petersburg, Florida

This is a tricycle driver that was asking me if we wanted a ride. To be more specific, just after we both said very politely....no thank you, her in Tagolog, me in English.

As the trikes pass they almost all slow down to see if the only white guy in town might like to ride instead of walk. Those fatassed American guys like to ride and have the money to pay, right?

It gets downright annoying with everyone asking or slowing down to gesture "do you want to ride"? It happens every time I go out walking and they should know that I have the ability to hail a trike. At least I'd make eye contact if I was wanting a ride.

So this is one of many we politely turned away only this one has a little girl attached. Very cute.
Attached Images

Old 12-08-2005, 10:33 PM   #96
slang
St Petersburg, Florida

This is the only golfcourse that I've seen so far. It's really nothing special by American standards but the thing that caught my attention was the grounds keepers.

They do a great job at keeping the grass nice and short. They keep the leaves off the lowermost branches too and I'll bet they're cheap to have working for the golfcourse.
Attached Images

Old 12-08-2005, 10:34 PM   #97
slang
St Petersburg, Florida

last image
Attached Images

Old 12-08-2005, 10:40 PM   #98
slang
St Petersburg, Florida

There are more but just as before....I just dont have the patience to work with these machines. If the chair is good, the mouse doesnt work worth a shit. If the mouse actually works, the fucking keyboard sucks goat ass. If everything seems to be working well, the machine crashes constantly.

What a mother fucking pain in my ass.

And another thing while I'm all pissy and bitching.....

There isnt ONE SINGLE God damned table here that doesnt rock back and forth when you put your drinks down on it.

ok, I feel a little better now. I'll go have a cheap beer on a table that shifts 5 degrees back and forth and back and forth and back and forth.......
Old 12-09-2005, 07:23 AM   #99
Griff
still says videotape

You should really be carrying shims so they know you're serious about your drink. (match books may suffice)
Old 12-09-2005, 09:35 AM   #100
Elspode
When Do I Get Virtual Unreality?

Just don't put the drink down. Drink it until empty, the order another. Lather, rinse, repeat, fall down.
Old 12-10-2005, 08:31 PM   #101
slang
St Petersburg, Florida

Or just use the tried and true method of standing while drinking thus giving one an idea of about how drunk they are by the difficulties in standing.
Attached Images

Old 12-10-2005, 08:33 PM   #102
slang
St Petersburg, Florida

One of many walking hazards that you might easily bust your ass completely in while drinking and not paying close attention to what you're doing.

The hospitals here are not the same as the US either so after busting your ass, there's not nearly the chance that some talented doctor can repair it without shipping you back home.
Attached Images

Old 12-10-2005, 08:35 PM   #103
slang
St Petersburg, Florida

My home away from home, hotel Frenchman.
Attached Images

Old 12-10-2005, 08:37 PM   #104
slang
St Petersburg, Florida

How's my driving? Is that what you call this. Looks a lot more like parking to me. In any case, there's an offshore callcenter that listens to your bitching and complaining about the many things that might annoy you about the driving here.
Attached Images

Old 12-10-2005, 08:38 PM   #105
slang
St Petersburg, Florida

The fact that these lumber wagons actually have some kind of certification was mildly reassuring, despite the fact that the stickers block a substancial portion of the already small windshield.

Then you read the small print only to find that this "certification" has expired nearly two years ago and not been replaced.

Ahh, but they are cheap as dirt and more fun than an amusment park ride.
Attached Images