Lola Bunny
Junior Master Dwellar

Congratulations, Nirvana!
Lola Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 10:09 PM   #32
Nirvana
Back in 10

Thanks!
Irony of ironies!!! My first official full time day was today and I had to leave after 2 hours. Food poisoning I have not had that since I was in my 20's and I have not been sick since 2011 when I had the flu.

Wash your blueberries well and if you get FP a double shot of apple cider vinegar usually stops it in its tracks. I feel much better. I will try to work again tomorrow
Old 06-20-2014, 02:18 AM   #33
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

They didn't expect this momentous occasion to be uneventful and ordinary, did they.
Old 07-26-2014, 02:20 PM   #34
Nirvana
Back in 10

A couple of weeks ago our dept was summoned one at a time to speak with HR and the plant boss. The questions concerned fairness and if there was anything that we wanted to report in our dept.

I knew that some in my dept had issues with out direct boss but I had not seen this in person so I had nothing to report then....

Last week while working [DB direct boss] comes up to me and starts a conversation which includes the accusation that I am the one that caused the HR/Boss meeting to take place. In other words I was accused of being the one that went to HR about them. I was speechless and it kind of hurt my feelings that they would think this of me because I am usually the one that cautions co workers to walk in the other person's shoes.

After a couple days I notice co workers treating me oddly. My assumption is they were told I might go to HR about them. WTF !! I confronted DB and said if you don't want me back here I would appreciate it if you would just transfer me to a line.

Background: I work like a mule there is nothing about how I do my job that can be criticized.

I did ask the other co worker who was all of a sudden 'shunning me' if they would like to have a conversation about why and all I got was averted eyes and a barely coherent grunt of no. I said ok but we do have to work together and I have no problem being civil.

Back to DB confrontation. I was trying not to be angry or threatening and I said you had no right or reason to accuse me of going to HR about you. I am thinking there is nothing I can say to change their mind but DB did apologize over and over.

Question: Do I now need to go to HR to CMA? DB is the type of boss that picks at a person or gives them shit detail if they stand up for themselves. I have never been a doormat so that kind of stuff does not work on me. However I do not want to be in a situation where this is turned against me and I am the one to lose my job. I have done nothing!! I cannot help this person is paranoid but I think accusing me of something I did not do crossed the line.

I have never reported someone to the HR dept anywhere I think most people need their job and if I can look past it I do. I don't want to be tagged a trouble maker.
Old 07-26-2014, 02:26 PM   #35
Nirvana
Back in 10

To add to this our dept has a high turnover rate only 2 have been there longer than me. { I think they are the ones that went to HR about DB but I don't know and its their deal}
Old 07-26-2014, 05:52 PM   #36
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Face it dear, you're intimidating, you've got them all scared.
Old 07-26-2014, 07:02 PM   #37
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirvana View Post
... Question: Do I now need to go to HR to CMA? ...
No, you had the opportunity to do that when you were summoned to speak with HR and the plant boss. Your coworkers who complained may have been counting on your support; but, you said nothing even though:

Quote:
... I knew that some in my dept had issues with out direct boss ...
and

Quote:
... DB is the type of boss that picks at a person or gives them shit detail if they stand up for themselves. ...
Going to HR now will make it look like you were OK with these things as long as they affected other people and not you. Speaking up only after being treated unfairly yourself smacks of duplicity. Consider that it may have been the complaining coworkers that put DB on your trail if word got back to them that there was no support for their allegations coming from you.
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 07:38 PM   #38
Nirvana
Back in 10

All HR reports are anon and what I said to HR when summoned was not a secret to my assumed complaining cow orkers I told them what I said.. They are the ones supporting me now. I was directed by HR in the HR meeting to only elaborate on what I had seen personally not what I heard second hand from a cow orker.

I think you are assuming that I want HR to take action and nope nope I just want documentation because HR knows that I am not the one that made the initial complaint.
Old 07-26-2014, 08:00 PM   #39
Nirvana
Back in 10

After doing some internet and employee handbook research I think I will just document this for myself because our workplace has a zero tolerance policy.
Old 08-03-2014, 01:12 AM   #40
Nirvana
Back in 10

I am starting to think my direct boss has early onset dementia. The turnover in my dept is big. Sometimes I work with some former cow orkers when more than one said this about DB to me a light bulb went off because I thought I was the only one who had this insight. I wondered though if my opinion was biased. I am not a doctor nor do I play one at work. Now I just feel bad for DB. Understanding may make me compassionate but it sure makes work confusing and annoying at times.
Old 08-03-2014, 12:53 PM   #41
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

If you insist on being sympathetic, throw some lime over the body before shoveling in the dirt.
Old 09-24-2014, 03:06 PM   #42
Nirvana
Back in 10

The workplace drama continues...
Every work place has slow times of the year no exception here. I was shocked though to receive the call not to come in for the week that the entire production was stopped [all 3 shifts] for the week.

There are two manufacturing plants for this company one in Indiana and the other in California. I looked up the facebook pages which are purely informational for both plants and I was taken aback to see that the page for the California plant had written permanently closed This was a union plant and ours is non union.

The company picnic is Sat and apparently still happening for those that RSVPed but it was moved away from the plant facilities here in Indiana to a local park. I think I will die of curiosity before Saturday.
Old 09-24-2014, 03:09 PM   #43
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

a casualty of the war on sugar?
Old 09-24-2014, 03:26 PM   #44
Nirvana
Back in 10

Our plant made over 3million is sales last month. People must still love sweets!
Old 09-25-2014, 04:01 PM   #45
Nirvana
Back in 10

Has anyone even heard of this happening? : My shift boss called today to tell me the back to work date is next Tue. There is mandatory OT for next Sat and Sun and we will be paid for our week off...