Politics Where we learn not to think less of others who don't share our views

Old 11-10-2012, 07:03 PM   #16
Sheldonrs
Master Dwellar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trilby View Post
I saw that guy, Patraeus.

And I saw the woman he had an affair with

He's gotta be one hell of a charming guy, coz, wow- he's not attractive. At all.
To quote Henry Kissinger, "Power is the ultimate aphrodesiac."
Old 11-10-2012, 09:21 PM   #17
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
We can't go on together
With suspicious emails
And we can't build our dreams
On suspicious emails...
Old 11-10-2012, 10:47 PM   #18
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

Patraeus surely ended the military careers; thus, livelihoods of subordinates who were otherwise good soldiers, for the same reason that he only had to resign from a second career. If his extramarital affair occurred while he was on active duty, they should administratively move his retirement date back to that time, reduce his retirement pay accordingly, rescind his Honorable Discharge and give him a General Discharge, Under Other Than Honorable Conditions since that is most likely what he did to others.
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 05:25 AM   #19
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Quote:
Originally Posted by footfootfoot View Post
Well, I'm S.O.L. on all those counts. Next?
No, you're not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by footfootfoot838423
I'm a 50 something man and have no interest at all in women young enough to be my daughter conceived during my high school prom. (Except Clodfobble until I found out how young she was, then, it was only for her amazing ability to parse the craziest posts and make them understandable.)
You are forgiven there. We ALL love Clodfobble in our own unique ways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by footfootfoot838423
Essentially, I think I am un-marriageable due to marginal looks, meager income, and negligible power. I've got smarts and talent in spades but have yet to meet a woman of any age who is interested in those things in me.
then you're fishing in the wrong pond. There's a LOT of ponds out there. Try the next one two towns over. Finding someone you can tolerate is hard work-why do you think I"m alone? 1) I'm lazy as hell 2) been there twice and a third time, whilst it doesn't embarrass my ex, DOES embarrass me 3) I've been alone for so long now that I've become a crone set in my crone-ish ways. But mostly, I'm lazy. It's too exhausting, esp. the sex, which I used to love but now, it's like, meh.

I like you, foot. I think you're funny and smrt and I hate most people (or find them fork-in-the-eye dull) but I LIKE you!

Cheer up. All those young girls with the high tits and sweet bums? they get old, too and if they haven't developed other skills....they'll be out on their ass as soon as someone younger and prettier and mostly dumber comes along.

What I'm mad about is that this Patraeus woman is really accomplished-and now she;s making other women journalists look suspect. Or she's a Russian spy.

Well played, Russia. Well played.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 05:51 AM   #20
Griff
still says videotape

foot you're running with the wrong women. Find a little hippy gal, they're out there.
Old 11-11-2012, 02:58 PM   #21
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Quote:
No, you're not.

You are forgiven there. We ALL love Clodfobble in our own unique ways.

then you're fishing in the wrong pond. There's a LOT of ponds out there. Try the next one two towns over. Finding someone you can tolerate is hard work-why do you think I"m alone? 1) I'm lazy as hell 2) been there twice and a third time, whilst it doesn't embarrass my ex, DOES embarrass me 3) I've been alone for so long now that I've become a crone set in my crone-ish ways. But mostly, I'm lazy. It's too exhausting, esp. the sex, which I used to love but now, it's like, meh.

I like you, foot. I think you're funny and smrt and I hate most people (or find them fork-in-the-eye dull) but I LIKE you!

Cheer up. All those young girls with the high tits and sweet bums? they get old, too and if they haven't developed other skills....they'll be out on their ass as soon as someone younger and prettier and mostly dumber comes along.

What I'm mad about is that this Patraeus woman is really accomplished-and now she;s making other women journalists look suspect. Or she's a Russian spy.

Well played, Russia. Well played.
Thanks, Triller in maniller. I like you too, you're a peach.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griff View Post
foot you're running with the wrong women. Find a little hippy gal, they're out there.
Do you know I once was having a beer in Seattle at the Wharf and this fairly drunk guy who had just come back from working on the pipeline told me, "I'm gonna find me a spaced out hippy chick to wok me up some veggies."

I think I was most astounded that he, a) knew what a wok was and, b) was interested in eating veggies rather than meat and potatoes. It was that kind of place and he was that kind of guy.

I shall not judge a book by its cover.
Old 11-11-2012, 03:31 PM   #22
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
then you're fishing in the wrong pond. There's a LOT of ponds out there. Try the next one two towns over.
A little old lady was sitting on a park bench in The Villages, a Florida Adult community.
A man walked over and sits down on the other end of the bench.
After a few moments, the woman asks, 'Are you a stranger here?'
He replies, 'I lived here years ago.'
'So, where were you all these years?'
'In prison,' he says.
'Why did they put you in prison?'
He looked at her, and very quietly said, 'I killed my wife.'
'Oh!' smiled the woman. 'So you're single...?!'
Old 11-13-2012, 02:34 PM   #23
SamIam

The General Patraeus scandal continues to grow ever more bizarre. Like he sent explicit e-mails to Paula Broadwell using his gmail account believing that it was a secure account??? The head of the CIA was that stupid? And then Broadwell, using an e-mail account she shares with her husband, sends threatening e-mails to Jill Kelley threatening Kelley to keep her hands off Broadwell's man? So Kelley complains to a friend in the FBI who responds by sending Kelley a picture of himself without a shirt (via e-mail of course). But as it turns out, the FBI guy's feelings are not reciprocated since Jill Kelley has the hots for General John Allen which the FBI discovered when they investigated Kelley's own e-mail accounts.

For those who haven't been following the story Allen is the senior four-star commander of U.S. and international troops in Afghanistan.
Or was, maybe. These are the people who are leading the war against terrorism? And they don't even understand the pitfalls of letting it all hang out in their e-mail accounts?

If this was a TV soap opera - Maybe Army Wives? No one would believe it for a second. The US Army is going to be a long time living this one down.

Last edited by SamIam; 11-13-2012 at 04:27 PM.
SamIam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 03:08 PM   #24
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Somewhere on here I posted a video fo the denouement of Tootsie. It fits here as well.
Old 11-13-2012, 08:52 PM   #25
richlevy
King Of Wishful Thinking

I still remember Gingrich at Clinton's impeachment criticizing his affair while conducting his own. Of course Newt now parses this to explain that he was all about the perjury.

BTW, McCain had his own marital issues, and he also has a pretty solid reputation. Maybe we should simply have the FBI vet a pool of mistresses for high ranking members of the three branches of government.

Maybe foot can volunteer to be Elizabeth Warren's boy toy.
I have always believed that hope is that stubborn thing inside us that insists, despite all the evidence to the contrary, that something better awaits us so long as we have the courage to keep reaching, to keep working, to keep fighting. -- Barack Hussein Obama
richlevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 10:49 PM   #26
Lamplighter
Person who doesn't update the user title

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamIam View Post
<snip>And then Broadwell, using an e-mail account she shares with her husband, sends threatening e-mails to Jill Kelley threatening Kelley to keep her hands off Broadwell's man? So Kelley complains to a friend in the FBI who responds by sending Kelley a picture of himself without a shirt (via e-mail of course).
I'm hearing much the same things as in the rest of your post.
But with regards to the above portion, I've heard somewhat different perspectives.

One reporter says that Broadwell's email to Kelly was along the lines
having Kelly ending the flirtation or whatever it was with Gen. Allen.

This sort of made sense to me if Broadwell learned from Petreus
about the Kelly/Allen connection, and Broadwell was trying to fix something
she thought Petreus saw as a problem. Maybe ???

The other was that the "shirtless FBI pic" was sent to Kelly before that agent
knew about the Petreus/Broadwell affair. Again, Maybe ???
But then, maybe here you and I are saying the same thing.
Lamplighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 05:56 AM   #27
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

yeah, what Sam said. What really bothers me is these people really didn't think these emails would get out into the public? And they are spies or spy-ish?

stupidstupidstupidstupidstupid!

Pussy is the real weapon, ladies. Use yours judiciously.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:00 AM   #28
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

"Judiciously"? Screw that. Try freely, enthusiastically and often!
Old 11-14-2012, 10:11 AM   #29
SamIam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamplighter View Post
I'm hearing much the same things as in the rest of your post.
But with regards to the above portion, I've heard somewhat different perspectives.

One reporter says that Broadwell's email to Kelly was along the lines
having Kelly ending the flirtation or whatever it was with Gen. Allen.

This sort of made sense to me if Broadwell learned from Petreus
about the Kelly/Allen connection, and Broadwell was trying to fix something
she thought Petreus saw as a problem. Maybe ???

The other was that the "shirtless FBI pic" was sent to Kelly before that agent
knew about the Petreus/Broadwell affair. Again, Maybe ???
But then, maybe here you and I are saying the same thing.
Figuring out the timeline of this sequence of follies can be difficult. I've read different things on different news websites plus whatever MSNBC/CNN may be reporting at the moment. I've seen both versions of just who Broadwell was threatening Kelley away from.

All I can say is that at the very least, all parties concerned should have cruised down to their local public library and created fake Hotmail accounts (and changed them often) in order to send all their various e-mails. Even that wouldn't have been fool proof (since fools were doing this), but it would have beat using a gmail account in your own name or an account shared with a spouse.

IMO, fooling around is not the problem, monumental stupidity on the part of the head of the CIA and a four star general in charge of the forces in Afghanistan is.
SamIam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:25 AM   #30
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Wave upon wave of stupidity does not stop there. The FBI agent who originally was asked about 'inappropriate' emails decided the investigation (by others) was being covered up. It wasn't. The investigation has exposed so many questions that it took a long time. But that FBI agent decided it was a coverup. And reported what he knew to a wacko extremist Congressman Eric Cantor. Who took great glee at exposing the investigation and making political hay for self serving reasons.

Just about everyone remotely connected to this affair (including Tampa Bay socialites who did nothing wrong) are now painted with broad accusations of immorality or corruption.
tw is offline   Reply With Quote