The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 12-14-2016, 12:39 PM   #31
glatt

Sorry you have an ulcer. Is that common in your situation with the modified stomach?
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 12:59 PM   #32
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

It's one of the complications. I had one initially not long after surgery, but it healed. I suspect the current one is due to caffeine consumption. :-/ So, I'll take this new medicine and kill off the caffeine, which is fine by me.
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 01:02 PM   #33
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Originally Posted by elSicomoro View Post
Did I mention that we bought a new house in a new school district in July? We did that. Did I mention that my son decided to fake a British accent and tell all his new friends and teachers that we adopted him from the UK? He did that...he's STILL doing that.

Though we met his new girlfriend tonight...before she was allowed over, we told him he had to come clean with her. He did, and she was fine with it.
Rule #5: Never be afraid to take a lie too far.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 03:33 PM   #34
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

I ordered a gift for Amelia (eldest niece) online and because the news was full of impending postal strikes, I figured I'd guarantee it getting here by paying £6.50 for guaranteed delivery by today. I figured if they cuoldn't deliver it they'd either leave it with a neighbour or drop it down at the local postal depot (as has happened many times before with online orders) and pop a card through my door - then I nip into town and collect.

Nope. The company uses a different courier - with the nearest depot in a whole other town - 2 hours away by bus.

They put a card through my door to say they have returned it to their depot and couldn't leave with neighbour as it requires a signature - they'll try again the next day (when I still won't be here).

Went on their website to rearrange to a different day and discovered that their delivery window is 7am - 9pm.

Who the fuck can guarantee they'll be in for a 14 hour delivery window?
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 05:18 PM   #35
fargon

Today I got up early and fed the cats, took a shower, and went to Tomah VAMC and had blood taken. Then we went to Denny's for breakfast, and I had a Moons Over My Hammy with Red Potatoes. Then we went back to the Tomah VAMC and got savaged by a dietitian, not unexpected. Then we went to La Crosse and went to Gundersen Lutheran and Keryx went to the pharmacy, and got stuff. Then we went to Clason Buick and put a Deposit down on a 2015 Buick Encore to replace that POS that Volkswagen is buying back next Wednesday. Then we came home and I smoked a Bowl.
Heavily medicated for the good of mankind.
fargon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 07:35 PM   #36
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

Well, since you asked ... spent the morning looking through help wanted ads online. Applied to nothing since they all suck. Then Dan & I had a speech about an hour north of here and I had an interview in Plymouth meeting at 5 which left us an hour to go shopping in between the two.
The coordinator for our speech was out sick, so the big boss from the hospital was there instead. As we were leaving she said that she had never seen a better presentation and was in tears during part of mine. Said it was beyond moving. That made me feel good about myself for the first time in months.
When shopping, we got one recipient done - my first. lol I suck at buying gifts this year. Took Dan to my interview (which was at a restaurant) and let him sit at the counter to eat dinner while I met with the owner and his sales manager. We took too long and Dan got bored. So he went around the restaurant introducing himself to various patrons sharing his story until the GM went and reeled him in. He got his dinner comped and the GM gave him a big ass piece of Butter cake for free also. They talked together for about 20 minutes. When I was done and leaving he corralled me, introduced himself and gave me a big handshake and a hug. Told me his story about losing a family member to a DD accident.
I think I got the job, Dan was a hit and the ride home wasn't too bad. Win, win, win.
Old 12-14-2016, 07:52 PM   #37
Griff
still says videotape

w00t! hurrah! huzzah!
Old 12-14-2016, 08:05 PM   #38
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Well done sir!
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 08:15 PM   #39
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

It was a good day, sounds like. Tomorrow will be another. Plan on it.
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 08:38 PM   #40
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

When do you know if you got the job?
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 08:45 PM   #41
fargon

Sorry about the ulcer Syc.

classicman good for you, hope you get the job.
Heavily medicated for the good of mankind.
fargon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 01:21 PM   #42
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

Thanks all. This is one of those situations where its a mixed blessing. I really don't want to get back into the magazine/print advertising business again. However, this guy is offering me a really good compensation package which I need right now.
I have gone to a few seminars on flipping houses and would like to get into something like that. I'm starting to build my network and secure financing. Problem with that is interest rates are rising and its not exactly a steady income so I need a regular job to cover me If/when I get that up and going.
Will know more about the advertising gig next week after I get grilled by some woman from the corporate office.
Syc - I've been 99% caffeine free for months. No soda, no coffee and mostly only green or mint teas. You can do it too.

Last edited by classicman; 12-15-2016 at 01:49 PM.
classicman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 08:33 PM   #43
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
I hate to break it to you but green tea has a boatload of caffeine.
Old 12-15-2016, 08:54 PM   #44
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

WTG JOB!
Old 12-15-2016, 10:02 PM   #45
elSicomoro

Quote:
Originally Posted by footfootfoot View Post
I hate to break it to you but green tea has a boatload of caffeine.
There are several that don't though. One of the brands I have here at home doesn't.
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote