The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Politics Where we learn not to think less of others who don't share our views

Old 12-26-2002, 10:18 PM   #61
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

I agree with Cam...it's like two big cats snarling at each other.

Last edited by elSicomoro; 12-26-2002 at 10:49 PM.
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2002, 10:32 PM   #62
slang
St Petersburg, Florida

I saw God at the corner deli the other day. We had a few minutes to chat and catch up as we were waiting on our hoagies. I hadn’t seen him lately so I was glad to see him again. He looks good as usual and is showing less age than Dick Clark .

We had the same little talk we normally do, I ask for the winning powerball numbers and a time machine. He asks that I stop being such a selfish asshole and to consider preparing less for the end of the world by hoarding food and military supplies. We both ask but neither of us receive what we want from the other.

He wanted me to pass on some messages. It seems that even God reads the cellar. Since he is a rather modest God and doesn’t care to register or post, I told him I would relay the messages.

<LI> The debate on religion is futile. </LI>
<LI> Radar, yer gonna burn dude. </LI>
<LI>Cairo, your posts are becoming less confrontational and that pleases the supreme one </LI>
<LI> Iraq and Saddam are toast come January. Get over it. </LI>
<LI> God votes Libertarian </LI>
<LI> Jesus carries an AK paratrooper model for it’s portability and stopping power</LI>
<LI> The Dems have been praying for miracles a lot lately. </LI>
<LI> The Bush admin is trying to compete with God via the Homeland Security Agency and this has not gone unnoticed. </LI>
<LI> God has recently granted Al Sharpton the ability to sound like a rational man on TV, but is very hesitant to grant his prayers for the White House.</LI>
<LI>Hillary is working out the details of a deal with the devil for the presidency in 04. He says he cant control that but wishes he could.</LI>

God regrets not being able to reply directly to many of the posts here in the cellar. He stopped posting in forums though after people rejected his screen name “God” and were mocking him. He’s not too pissed but just avoids the keyboard now. And lastly he sends good wishes to all .

Last edited by slang; 12-27-2002 at 01:20 PM.
slang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2002, 10:34 PM   #63
99 44/100% pure
Infrequently Astonished

God bless you, slang, thanks for lightening things up.
Old 12-26-2002, 11:05 PM   #64
elSicomoro

My God is better than Slang's god.
Old 12-26-2002, 11:08 PM   #65
slang
St Petersburg, Florida

Do you believe in god?

No.

BAM! Dead.

How about you? Do you believe in god?

Yes."

Do you believe in MY god?

No.

BAM! Dead!

My god has a bigger dick than your god. - George Carlin

Last edited by slang; 12-26-2002 at 11:10 PM.
slang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2002, 12:19 AM   #66
wolf
lobber of scimitars

My Goddess can beat up your God ...

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2002, 12:20 AM   #67
wolf
lobber of scimitars

HEY!!! Your karma ran over my dogma ...

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2002, 01:05 AM   #68
jaguar
whig

Props to slang, syc and wolf, funny stuff guys =)

Stupidity can be hard on the eyes, so for the good of everyone else I’ve broken up Cairo’s drivel into multiple parts. It's also barely understandable, so breaking it help can help decipher what these jumbled inarticulate rambles are meant to mean.

Quote:
*Rolls eyes* First you say,” What the article says is yes, the ozone hole got smaller this year, due to extremely unusual weather conditions. That is all.” Then you say,"...the fact that we are responsible for the severe damage we have inflicted on it."
Now that was the most logical thing I think Cairo has ever stated, mostly because he's merely quoting others. Sadly it only gets worse.

Quote:
So...you disagree with NASA, or you think that we control the weather! Either way you're wrong. If we control the weather, why are the forecasters always wrong? And why don't we just turn on the sprinklers over drought areas? And whoever is in charge of my area's temp. dial...keep it set on 72, K? No more of this 102 in the summer and 32 in the winter!(end of sarcasm)
Can anyone, at first read, actually make any sense of this? At all? Dear Cairo, what are you on about now?

Now i hate to bore the rest of you but this petulant, mentally unarmed opponent of mine needs at least a rudimentary understanding of why there is an ozone hole where there is. Which, to be brief is because of certain stratospheric wind patterns which carry CFCs down to the area in which the hole is located.

Now the relevance of this is that the fact that we do/have done damage, and the fact that due to freak weather conditions, the damage was not in the usual places or the usual strength are not intertwined. The damage is not due, or have much relation to the weather, the weather is what carries to where the hole is, it is not responsible for the damage itself. Which in other words mean Cairo here as has, once again metaphorically shitted on the carpet, bad puppy!

Quote:
Hmmmm, "True scientists have no faith in science."
So by your own admission your "basic scientific fact" isn't a fact because science keeps evolving with new data that leads elsewhere. You refuted it yourself!
*sighs* You really are just plain dumb aren't you? It's like arguing with a small, rather whiney child. It's a scientific fact today, correct, tomorrow it might not be, but today it is. Can you grasp that one?

Last edited by jaguar; 12-27-2002 at 01:08 AM.
jaguar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2002, 03:51 AM   #69
elSicomoro

Jag, Cairo is a she.
Old 12-27-2002, 05:32 AM   #70
jaguar
whig

oh well, i don't actually have enough respect for her, or her opinions to be bothered correcting it.
Old 12-27-2002, 09:03 AM   #71
God
Not half the God I used to be

Quote:
Originally posted by wolf
My Goddess can beat up your God ...
(God scratches his head and wonders how he screwed up to make the humans favor physical agression)

Last edited by God; 12-27-2002 at 09:07 AM.
God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2002, 09:40 AM   #72
Griff
still says videotape

Ask God

Hi! How was your Christmas? I was wondering if you could explain why the only time I saw angels was that time in college when we were drinking on the roof... well you know the story.
Old 12-27-2002, 11:47 AM   #73
God
Not half the God I used to be

Quote:
Originally posted by Griff
Hi! How was your Christmas?
(Speaks in booming but not painfully loud God voice)

Hello Griff. Very good thankyou. Of course, you know it’s basically just me and Jesus here on his birthday. I give the majority of angels their wings a few days before Christmas , and the others are busy trying to earn theirs. That way we get a little quality time together. Both of our schedules are quite busy during the year, this way he can open his presents undisturbed.

Yes, I do give him presents. He made out well this year, the economy is crappy and there were thousands of real bargains. It’s tough to find the perfect gift for your only son after giving gifts for thousands of years. I try not to overdo it though because he normally breaks the cool toys by new years. Many times just the box is still intact in January. There’s nothing more entertaining than seeing the savior of humanity crawl through a big box or stick his tongue out at me through a cutout in the side. Kids nowadays. What can you do?

Quote:
I was wondering if you could explain why the only time I saw angels was that time in college when we were drinking on the roof... well you know the story.
That’s a good question. Let me try to explain some of my policies.

As you can imagine, I have a lot to do, so I have to delegate a lot of work. I have a printed “God policy” handbook for new angels and the majority read and follow them. Sometimes we get some angels that like to "show boat" the fact that they received their wings by allowing people to see them. This is clearly prohibited in the handbook, but it happens. The fact that you were drinking probably boosted the angel’s confidence that you wouldn’t take pictures and such. That’s a felony up here and I get bitchy when it happens. Please accept my most sincere apology.

Don’t think the lack of my personal attention in protecting you that day, and many others, means you are not very valuable to me. You are very important to me and people in the distant future. Your kids, and their kids will play a direct role in helping humanity in ways you cannot comprehend at this time. I’ll explain when you come up. It’s a bit too involved for this forum.

My last thought or request is that you try to be a little easier on George. You wouldn’t believe the strings I had to pull to get him in there, and I’m God! Do you think Gore would have done any better? I think not.<br>
God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2002, 11:47 AM   #74
hermit22
sleep.

Quote:
Originally posted by Cairo

Hermit22 -
Yeah, Jaguar did a well enough job if you totally ignore NASA and common sense! Ha! *weighing the options here* Hmmmm, who's more credible? Jaguar or NASA, NASA or Jaguar??? I rest my case!
Actually, they both say the same thing: Global warming isn't a cut and dry issue, but what we are seeing is an increase in temperature beyond anything we can hypothesize from geological, etc. studies. And since we know that there is a direct relationship between some of our commonly used chemicals and depletion of ozone, and the relationship between a thinner ozone and global warming, only an idiot would think there isn't a relationship between the two.
Quote:

Actually I meant to type $200 Million dollars per year, it was late and I rushed past the "00"...
Hey, I actually made the school system look good by my typo!
Ok, once I followed your link, I saw the concern. I thought you were trying to claim that a school system is supposed to somehow make money, which would be just ridiculous. $450 M is kind of a drop in the budget compared to the national school budget, but it still isn't a number that can get thrown away easily.

Quote:

Still regurgitating the same crap in a longer, more irrational way revealing your Tyrannical thought process, I see....You are spinning like a top, my friend!
I find it ironic that Cairo's calling Radar Tyrannical for quoting anti-Tyrannical thinkers.

Quote:

5. The Government has not interfered until it makes law...YOU, on the otherhand, are UNConstitutionally interfering by ramming a Godless Communist, no choice America down the throats of 90+% of American citizens who want to have a choice!
Why do Republicans see any dissent as Communist? Are they that stuck in the past? I mean, I realize that much of Republican rhetoric involves a return to what was (or what they believe was) but name calling such as this just seems ridiculous, especially given Radar's expressed libertarianism.

And what do you mean by the "90+% of American citizens"? If you think 90% of America is religious, then you're wrong. This past census showed the highest number of non-religious people - about 15%. Splitting hairs maybe, and you might not even be referring to the same thing as you seem to be.
Old 12-28-2002, 12:51 AM   #75
Cairo
Coronation Incarnate

Jaguar -
Your delusions of grandeur have run amok... or is it run dumbf*k! Your flatulence keeps insisting that man has caused the damage, when even the "real" scientists say the evidence is inconclusive.
The evidence NASA provided says, contrary to you, that for a full year there was repair to the ozone and NO DAMAGE, so if man causes the damage, I suppose the whole world decided to conserve energy, stop buying SUV's, stop our polluting factories, and the world is now buying enviro-safe products...
but just for one year, is THAT your logic??? What organizational skills President Bush has to pull this off!!! Man's usage of energy hasn't changed, the natural weather cycle has!

Since I only know the sum-up of the big picture, time to let the expert get technical on yo azzzz....

I'm Cairo's husband an HVAC tech that is universally certified by the EPA. 7 years experience.

I'm only going to tell your pinko ass this once so listen up.

Chloroflourocarbons are not the end of all ozone on earth by a long shot. The CFC O3 breakdown schematic that you are familiar with is incomplete.

Sunlight creates O3 by photoreaction with UV and O2. While CFC does crack O3 into O2 with a free oxygen ion that will strip another O3 of it's extra oxygen atom, and so on and so on. But that chain does not go on ad finitum. Chlorine is broken down in a matter of hours(if you ever owned an inground pool the chlorine maintenance during the summer should tell you how fast the sun will destroy unprotected chlorine-yes pools can use cyanuric acid to sun shield the chlorine) in direct sunlight, flourine fares no better. The sunlight reassembles the scattered oxygen compounds back into O3 in a very short order.

But that is all academic. My posit to my EPA instructor was how CFC and to a lesser degree HCFC were able to get to the upper atmosphere when it is a known fact that those compounds are heavier than air, and considerably heavier than ground level ozone(which purportedly can't reach the upper atmosphere in any significant quantities-can you differentiate chemically between synthetically generated ozone and stratosphereic? No, O3 is O3.
Needless to say he had no answer, because I had stayed awake during organic chemistry class and was not going to be snowjobbed with superflous verbage that covered up the fact the man couldn't diagram molecules much less molecular equations.

As for Australians and South Africans being seemingly more affected by the sun; it's genetic.
Both bloodlines are derived from predominately nordic and celtic stock. Both tribes are known to be susceptable to strong sunlight because the celts and the nords adapted over thousands of years to a latitude with indirect sunlight for the most part.
If it was truly an O3 related effect, even the native darkies would be affected. Not to mention that even a 1% decrease in UV shielding would start to sterilize the very environment around you. Bacteriums would start to die out, but viruses would start getting real hairy before they petered out.

Grapes haven't grown in england for over a thousand years, the fact that they once did tells you that the weather is always a changin'. Or are you going to blame the vikings for their environmental plight?

As for the ozone hole itself; we had never had the type of equipment that detected it available before. It is very unscientific to assume just because we were finally able see it meant it had just appeared. This is akin to believing that whales didn't communicate with one another until we invented the hydrophone.
There is every reason to believe that the ozone holes are largely natural, and if anything are important to the ecosystem of the poles-their absence seems to enable the already thin air to get even colder.
It's worth noting that the main reason reason the polar regions are so devoid of any vegetation is because of the lack of direct sunlight(lack of direct sunlight also limits the amount of radiated solar heat absorbed).

Direct sunlight is needed to cause oxygen molecules to photoreact into ozone.

So try getting a plain old chemistry book from about 1965-1969, that should insulate you from the political propaganda that developed around the environment in the early 1970's.
I would like to point out that the first earth day was held with the belief that we were going into a new ice age. It was held during the 1970's that aerosols were causing the earth to cool down too fast(yeah it was a cold decade, but nothing out of the historical norm). So one might be led to belive(if one believed everything that they were told) that the natural quick fix to global warming would be to mandate the reintroduction of aerosols into the consumer market.

But of course, aerosols weren't responsible for the cold streak of the 1970's anymore than CFC's were for the heat waves of the 1990's.

It's called weather, it's always changing.

I wouldn't call you stupid, just brainwashed and ignorant...an example of what the public school system has become.

Finally, No, your scientific theory is not a scientific fact today...it is still being studied as theory today. Fact is when it is final knowledge.

The biggest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the World that he didn't exist.
Keyser Soze
Cairo is offline   Reply With Quote