The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Current Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Current Events Help understand the world by talking about things happening in it

Old 01-20-2007, 12:02 AM   #46
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronald Cherrycoke View Post
How many people died at Three Mile Island?...it was a non-nuke ...no death accident. Oh by the way... I`m old enough to have seen it in real time..and saw the media hysteria...for no good cause.
IOW Ronald Cherrycoke has no idea what happened at 3 Mile Island. He just posts. Another disciple of Rush Limbaugh?

Ronald Cherrycoke has no idea what happened at Three Mile Island even though he was alive then - claims to watch it in real time. Again Ronald. Are you a wacko extremist or can you report what caused at Three Mile Island? I smell fear of reality in Ronald's posts. Prove me wrong. A blunt challenge. Show me you are an American patriot - which means you learn facts before posting. Tell us what what created Three Mile Island? Tell us how nothing has changed in 35 years?
tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 12:06 AM   #47
Ronald Cherrycoke
Master Locutor

What were the casualties of 3 mile island?
Ronald Cherrycoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 12:15 AM   #48
tw

Quote:
What were the casualties of 3 mile island?
Ronald Cherrycoke is the guy who routinely runs stop signs. He knows it is safe. Nobody died. That's all he need know.

Looks like UG has a new handle. I am looking forward to when he starts arguing with himself.
Old 01-20-2007, 12:45 AM   #49
Ronald Cherrycoke
Master Locutor

IOW Ronald Cherrycoke has no idea what happened at 3 Mile Island. He just posts. Another disciple of Rush Limbaugh?

Ronald Cherrycoke has no idea what happened at Three Mile Island even though he was alive then - claims to watch it in real time. Again Ronald. Are you a wacko extremist or can you report what caused at Three Mile Island? I smell fear of reality in Ronald's posts. Prove me wrong. A blunt challenge. Show me you are an American patriot - which means you learn facts before posting. Tell us what what created Three Mile Island? Tell us how nothing has changed in 35 years?

Old enough to be a combat infantry man during vietnam...186 infantry..101st .
Ronald Cherrycoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 12:51 AM   #50
piercehawkeye45
Franklin Pierce

Another one of those....
piercehawkeye45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 01:14 AM   #51
yesman065
Banned - Self Imposed

Quote:
Originally Posted by piercehawkeye45 View Post
Another one of those....
And you better thank God every day for men like him (and women)!!
Welcome aboard Ron we need more like you - in my opinion.
yesman065 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 01:19 AM   #52
yesman065
Banned - Self Imposed

Quote:
How many people died at Three Mile Island?...it was a non-nuke ...no death accident. Oh by the way... I`m old enough to have seen it in real time..and saw the media hysteria...for no good cause.
In the end, the reactor was brought under control. Although approximately 25,000 people lived within five miles of the island at the time of the accident [2], no identifiable injuries due to radiation occurred, and a government report concluded that "the projected number of excess fatal cancers due to the accident... is approximately one".
Heres the link to the FACTS.
http:/Three Mile Island
Old 01-20-2007, 01:24 AM   #53
yesman065
Banned - Self Imposed

Quote:
Originally Posted by tw View Post
To make that statement, then you know what "falling off the mountain" means. After all you made a statement is requires knowledge of that soundbyte. Tell us, Yesman065, what that statement means - because you know such facts before having an opinion.

Tell us what about "falling off the mountain" since the concept is so basic to understanding global warming.
Its about you being nuts. Hows that? - I posted links - read 'em and weep since they don't agree with your BS. You still owe me an apology.
Old 01-20-2007, 01:29 AM   #54
tw

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesman065 View Post
Its about you being nuts. Hows that? - I posted links - read 'em and weep since they don't agree with your BS. You still owe me an apology.
I don't owe you anything. You posted without first learning the facts. You owe America an apology. Do you think they will accept it?

IOW you know all about global warming and yet don't have a clue what "falling off the mountain" means? It is used often when discussing the potential disasters from global warming. Or what happens when climate changes too fast. Before you make conclusions about global warming, don't you think you should first learn the facts?
Old 01-20-2007, 01:40 AM   #55
yesman065
Banned - Self Imposed

You were wrong and you know it tw - man up and say you're sorry - you can do it. C'mon fess up.

I know what "falling off the mountain" means - I'm just not going to let you babble your BS anymore or allow you to ignore shit that doesn't fit into your LIES. I'm calling you on it and until you ADMIT YOU WERE WRONG - I will remind you with every post.

Oh speaking of which - You still owe me an apology.
Old 01-20-2007, 01:48 AM   #56
tw

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesman065 View Post
In the end, the reactor was brought under control.
And when was that end? Almost one year later. Yes I am starving you of facts - waiting for one with opinion to first demonstrate a grasp of those facts. And still you post ignores how the answer addresses Roland's misrepresentation of reality. Your citation does not discuss the bigger picture.

Furthemore, only a fool (or an MBA) determines reliability based upon a 'graveyard index'. Even a farmer understand "closing a barn door after the cows have escaped". Yesman065 - apparently you don't.

The 'graveyard index' justified Vietnam and caused the launch (murder) of seven Challenger astronauts. Yesman065 - I am not asking for much from Roland. Simply learn the facts - know why - before jumping to ideologue conclusions.

Roland still has no idea what happened in Three Mile Island - but has all the answers.

Fundamental changes cause nuclear to be an option to some 'Greens'. Roland did not learn any of this. Somehow he has opinions anyway.
Old 01-20-2007, 01:58 AM   #57
yesman065
Banned - Self Imposed

Quote:
Originally Posted by tw View Post
Somehow he has opinions anyway.
So do you and you aren't always right either. I will not get into defending him. I have a feeling he can do that just fine. You are trying, yet again, to change the subject and go off on your own little emotional tirade , bic-dic, top mgmt., facts, opinions, emotions blah freaking blah, blah, blah. If something doesn't fit into your agenda or preconceived notions then you discount it - whatever.
tw - You still owe me an apology.
Old 01-20-2007, 11:57 PM   #58
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

tw's doing a Rush Limbaugh imitation, with his "falling off a mountain" sound (written) byte he picked up, and trying to convince everyone they must answer to him. To explain on demand any tangent he thinks up. Don't fall for it.
Old 01-21-2007, 12:22 AM   #59
tw

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
tw's doing a Rush Limbaugh imitation, with his "falling off a mountain" sound (written) byte he picked up, and trying to convince everyone they must answer to him.
Well xoxoxoBruce - had you spent only a few dollars or a few hours in the library, then you would have known what that expression meant. It is a benchmark. One who denies global warming also never bothered to learn even basic concepts associated with global warming. Demonstrated again is also why a president could lie about WMDs - and some foolishly and automatically believe the liar. Automatically know a fact without first learning facts? Only those who hate America would do that.

The expression is well understood when one first learns the science (before having conclusions). "falling off the mountain" discusses a potential disaster due to global warming. xoxoxoBruce also denies the threat of global warming. And yet he could not even read one Scientific American issue that discusses the concept in layman's terms. He knows - but did not first learn? Like every poster who somehow knows this global warming problem does not exist - xoxoxoBruce also so not know what "falling off the mountain means".

This post will not change xoxoxoBruce's opinion. His conclusion was made long before he learned any facts. But other should appreciate where this denial of global warming comes from: ignorance. Some just know - facts and numbers be damned.

Meanwhile 'smoking gun' evidence of man’s contribution to global warming is now defacto science. It is only denied by ... well how many more don't even know what "falling off the mountain" means?
Old 01-21-2007, 10:55 AM   #60
yesman065
Banned - Self Imposed

tw - I think you "fell down the mountain" and hit your head.

tw - You still owe me an apology.