The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Arts & Entertainment
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Arts & Entertainment Give meaning to your life or distract you from it for a while

Old 04-18-2009, 02:13 PM   #1
richlevy
King Of Wishful Thinking

Mobwars on Facebook

So I'm playing Mobwars on Facebook, and someone puts out a contract on me. This means that people whose levels are way above mine swoop in and pound on me until I am dead. The contract cost a few hundred million.

This results in a small loss of money to me and 42 lost experience points.

It turns out that the person who put out the contract, while above me in level, is underpowered. So I rig the person's ignition, which would kill them the next time they put out a contract on me. I did this because it only costs half the price of a hit, but more importantly because this person had racked up a lot of kills, probably by taking out contracts and also by rigging ignitions. So the chances were that they had rigged my ignition expecting me to react in kind.

Then I attacked my enemy directly, many many times. I got points and money each time I won, which was every time. I think I replaced the lost money and experience, but I still had a 'killed' on my permanent record.

The next day, the person tried to put out another contract on me, and got nailed by the ignition trap. They still put out a contract on me and I died again.

Mobwars is difficult in one respect. After a person drops below a 35 health points, they go into the hospital. The only way to kill a person in an attack is to hit them down to just above 35 points, with the final attack causing more than than that number of points.

So far I have only been able to put my attacker in the hospital - many times.

I could put a contract out, but my ignition is probably rigged. They could put another contract out, but after the first demonstration they have probably guessed that their ignition is rigged so they will have to die once to do it.

I'm individually stronger than my attacker, but so far not by enough to kill them. But I can pound them over and over until I level up so far that the system won't let me.

This whole vendetta concept is interesting and even a little fun when real lives aren't at stake.

So, anyone here who has an account on Facebook want to join my mob?

BTW, I just attacked someone called Spode. Anyone we know?
I have always believed that hope is that stubborn thing inside us that insists, despite all the evidence to the contrary, that something better awaits us so long as we have the courage to keep reaching, to keep working, to keep fighting. -- Barack Hussein Obama

Last edited by richlevy; 04-18-2009 at 02:20 PM.
richlevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 09:31 PM   #2
SteveDallas
Your Bartender

Quote:
Originally Posted by richlevy View Post
I could put a contract out, but my ignition is probably rigged.
It's the freakin' MOB. Can't you make a mechanic and/or an explosives expert an offer he can't refuse and get your car straightened out?
SteveDallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 08:09 AM   #3
richlevy
King Of Wishful Thinking

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveDallas View Post
It's the freakin' MOB. Can't you make a mechanic and/or an explosives expert an offer he can't refuse and get your car straightened out?
No, but that's ok. Right now it's a stalemate and I can pound on him/her as long as I want. It's like locking down someones queen in chess and taking out all of the pawns.

Right now a contract on me costs $355,458,960. So they would have to die and then put up all of that money.

I wonder if Spode is our Spode?
I have always believed that hope is that stubborn thing inside us that insists, despite all the evidence to the contrary, that something better awaits us so long as we have the courage to keep reaching, to keep working, to keep fighting. -- Barack Hussein Obama
richlevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 10:06 PM   #4
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

mafia wars.

is fun

join and ad me as a friend on facebook.... i got mad skillz dawg
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 10:33 PM   #5
zippyt
LONG LIVE KING ZIPPY! per Feetz

Add me http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...e.php?ref=home

Lets get the cellere inna Mafia going STRONG !!!
Old 06-07-2009, 11:36 PM   #6
ZenGum
Doctor Wtf

Oh really, WHY CAN'T YOU ALL JUST GET ALONG YOU STUPID FUCKERS :p
Old 06-07-2009, 11:38 PM   #7
Pie
Gone and done

yeah, I banned that app. way too annoying.
Old 06-08-2009, 08:03 AM   #8
dmg1969
I got nothing

I play Mafia Wars, but have thought about starting to play Mob Wars as well. I'm at like 520+ mafia in Mafia Wars.

They're fun games but, like life in general, you have assholes who try to take the fun out of it. I get annoyed when someone repeatedly robs or attacks you. Then, they get pissed if you put them on the hit list. Some people take this shit WAY too seriously and need to get out of Mom and Dad's basement.
Old 06-08-2009, 12:18 PM   #9
monster
I hear them call the tide

ok so 'splain please, lucy.

mobwars and mafia wars are different games and you play them with your pals againast strangers?
Old 06-09-2009, 10:06 PM   #10
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Whatever it is, my friend's husband has been begging me to join Facebook (which I am very much not inclined to do) just so that he can use my account as a pawn in his large-scale Mobwars strategizing.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote