The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

View Poll Results: how often do you smoke marijuana?
I've never tried it 32 30.48%
I did it when I was younger, but don't anymore 31 29.52%
I smoke only in social settings or alone when I think I can get away with it 16 15.24%
I'm a weekend warrior 11 10.48%
I smoke on a daily basis 15 14.29%
Voters: 105. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-21-2008, 07:29 PM   #196
piercehawkeye45
Franklin Pierce

I'll use it a few times a week when hanging out with my friends or when my band wants to jam.

My friends and I are thinking of cooking it more now. If I smoke it is out of a hookah or bubbler so its rarely intense smoke but I still would prefer not smoking it.
Old 01-21-2008, 10:17 PM   #197
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

a couple 4th of Julys ago, I ate a cookie made with ghee. i ate it a 5:30 on an empty stomach. at 7 i was wondering if it was bunk. at 7:30 i was so cooked that i started having a panic attack. it lasted until 1 am. every 20 minutes it came in waves. oh my freaking god. there were no fireworks at our house that year. that'll larn me.
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 12:51 AM   #198
piercehawkeye45
Franklin Pierce

Haha, yeah it takes a while to get the effect. It took me about an hour or so.

But funny story concerning pot brownies. My friend made brownies before break and he had four left so him, my friend, and I decided to have one and then give the last one to my other friend who just went on a month break from pot and wanted to just get baked that night. When he came over to my friend's house we had some complications since the dealer he, the guy finishing his break, was buying from was taking awhile and we didn't have enough room in the car for me and my two friends so we stayed back, gave him the brownie, and he drove to another house where he was going to meet up with our dealer.

Apparently we forgot to tell him that the brownie was laced so he started to feel the effects while waiting and freaked out thinking that his body was producing an illusion because he was really looking forward to smoking that night. He got made fun of so much that night for acting like an idiot (well he was high).
Old 01-22-2008, 09:37 AM   #199
LabRat
twatfaced two legged bumhole

I tried it once, when I was in grad school, maybe 23 years old. At the time, Red was a produce manager of a large grocery store. He caught one of his employees rolling a joint in the cooler. He confiscated it, and brought it home to share with our neighbors, whom we were good friends. I tried several inhalations, but never really felt anything. *shrug* Red did a lot in high school and college. He pretty much had quit both smoking and drinking when we started hanging out. At that point in his life, he was getting over a severe alcohol problem. I'll let him post about that if he wants.

In high school, I pretty much hung out with 'good' kids, and didn't really even drink a whole lot. In fact, I was the 'bad seed', heh. Pot just wasn't something that any of us had access to, so no one I knew, save one friend, ever did it. I just didn't want to get busted with it, and kicked out of college, or have it affect my record when I wanted to work...so I just stayed away.

I was a slut instead. Sex was legal, and in my mind a whole lot safer, and not to mention more fun to me. Boys were a lot easier to find than booze, and if you played your cards right, you could get both at the same time .
Old 01-22-2008, 10:05 AM   #200
Cloud

ha! how funny. back in the days of "free love" (aka after the pill and before Aids) everyone slept around--except me. Because I was in luuuuuve and faithful.

Silly me.
Old 01-22-2008, 07:49 PM   #201
Happy Monkey
I think this line's mostly filler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecuracao View Post
I have to say, I find it really hard to believe that the majority of those who voted have never tried it. Unless we have a secret Mormon conglomerate on here. But even then.
32% isn't a majority. It just isn't subdivided into further categories.
|_______________| [pics]
Happy Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 03:32 PM   #202
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumberjim View Post
a couple 4th of Julys ago, I ate a cookie made with ghee. i ate it a 5:30 on an empty stomach. at 7 i was wondering if it was bunk. at 7:30 i was so cooked that i started having a panic attack. it lasted until 1 am. every 20 minutes it came in waves. oh my freaking god. there were no fireworks at our house that year. that'll larn me.
ghee != clarified butter?

huh?
Old 01-24-2008, 11:51 AM   #203
Cyber Wolf
As stable as a ring of PU-239

Location: On a huge rock covered in water, highly advanced moss and 7 billion parasites
I've never tried it myself but I've had a contact high once. A couple of friends and I were in a relatively small car waiting for another friend to get off work so we could all go for dinner. One guy decides he can't wait until after dinner and lights up in the car. Out of curtesy, he rolls down his window and does his best to fan the smoke out. It doesn't work and he ends up fogging the car. So by the time we got to the restaurant the two of us who didn't smoke were giggling non-stop. Everything was hilarious. EVERYTHING.

I was pretty pissed off afterwards though.

"I don't see why it matters what is written. Not when it's about people. It can always be crossed out." ~Adam Young, Good Omens
Cyber Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 12:09 PM   #204
Cloud

bud butter, BigV
Old 01-24-2008, 01:48 PM   #205
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Ghee itself does not imply drugs. It is a main ingredient in every Indian cookbook and I guarantee you they're not talking about serving pot to your family every night for dinner. Ghee is often mixed with drugs, however, because

Quote:
Absorption: Ghee is an integral part of the practice of ayurvedic herbal formulation. Since ghee is an oil, it can bond with lipid-soluble nutrients and herbs to penetrate the lipid-based cell membranes of the body. It is stated to increase the potency of certain herbs by carrying the active components to the interior of the cells where they impart the most benefit.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 02:04 PM   #206
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

well, my lipids were totally penetrated, lemme tell ya.
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 02:09 PM   #207
bluecuracao
in a mood, not cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Monkey View Post
32% isn't a majority. It just isn't subdivided into further categories.
sigh. I guess I should have said, "I can't believe the Never Tried It option has more votes than each of the other choices." That would be correct...right?
bluecuracao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 02:28 PM   #208
HungLikeJesus
Only looks like a disaster tourist

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecuracao View Post
sigh. I guess I should have said, "I can't believe the Never Tried It option has more votes than each of the other choices." That would be correct...right?
I think the term you were looking for is the mode.

SteveDallas's Random Thread Picker.
HungLikeJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 02:38 PM   #209
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Or you could also call it a plurality.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 02:38 PM   #210
bluecuracao
in a mood, not cupcake

This is a surprisingly educational thread.
bluecuracao is offline   Reply With Quote