Go Back   The Cellar > Images > Quality Images and Videos

Quality Images and Videos Post your own images and videos of your own days

Old 05-10-2003, 10:40 PM   #61
Billy
Professor

Not that

Quote:
Originally posted by sycamore
So, if I am understanding you correctly, you wish that your parents would have shown more positive reinforcement of their love for you? Do they currently support you in your life endeavors?
My father sometimes beat me, I feared him then. They don't listen my heart.They still support me as ago. Now I help myself. I should return my love to them, after all they are my paretns and love me.
Billy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2003, 12:41 AM   #62
richlevy
King Of Wishful Thinking

Re: I have a long way to learn English

Quote:
Originally posted by Billy
Thank you for your affirmation. In my pratical work I often poor write. My conpany is French company. Thomson Foshan is its branch. The USA RCA is its branch too.

I need inprove my English. Hope you help me.

Thanks!
Actually, my uncle used to work for RCA. RCA was one of the top US companies in the early to mid 20th century and was located in the area where the Cellar is located (Philadelphia, Camden, etc). It was a great innovator and developer. The RCA record label was one of the best labels for classical music, among other types.

Thomson bought the RCA brand name. After a few bad experiences with TVs and VCRs, we have removed Thomson products from our list of approved suppliers for this household. Also, I believe they recently shut down a picture tube plant in Pennsylvania.

I wish you well in the US, but cannot extend my good wishes to your employer. To use an old Yiddish phrase "May they grow like turnips with their heads in the ground."
I have always believed that hope is that stubborn thing inside us that insists, despite all the evidence to the contrary, that something better awaits us so long as we have the courage to keep reaching, to keep working, to keep fighting. -- Barack Hussein Obama
richlevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2003, 08:21 AM   #63
Billy
Professor

Good reply

Quote:
Originally posted by richlevy
Thomson bought the RCA brand name. After a few bad experiences with TVs and VCRs, we have removed Thomson products from our list of approved suppliers for this household. Also, I believe they recently shut down a picture tube plant in Pennsylvania.
What I tell you is that the picture tube plant move here. The equipments is installing here. I am supervising the installation. I work as one engineer in the product flow. RCA is know as its research and study. I heard that GE had it before Thomson bought it. I don't know Thomson's real background. In markets I have asked for its Very Large Screen TV. They told me that the TVS were worse than SONY. But the price is very high. I don't know how long I will work in this company. Maybe it is over before I go to the USA.

Thank you. Are you a advanced electronic engineer?
Old 05-11-2003, 08:24 AM   #64
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

GE still owns the HMV image, from what I understand. And if I'm not mistaken, Thomson also runs Magnavox and Philips.
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2003, 08:56 AM   #65
Billy
Professor

Complicated shareholding

Thomson Foshan, my company, is the Thomson-Sino joint company. In my company there are more than ten national employees. It likes one small UN.
Old 05-12-2003, 07:49 AM   #66
Billy
Professor

My Chinese and English Name

My Chinese name is Ding Guo Liang. Ding is my surname,family name. Guo Liang is that my parents gave me. The Guo is nation and Liang is bright. The Guo Liang means that the nation have a bright future.

I give me Billy. I don't know its meaning and if it is a good name. You can give me a good one if you think it is not a good one.
Old 05-12-2003, 10:59 PM   #67
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
My body would become fertilizer to help the microorganism make water more clear.
You did say you were a materiels engineer and not a biologist.
Hell yeah, Billy is a cool name. If you change it now, you'd have to go back and edit all those posts.
Old 05-12-2003, 11:18 PM   #68
Billy
Professor

Good name

Quote:
Originally posted by xoxoxoBruce
Hell yeah, Billy is a cool name. If you change it now, you'd have to go back and edit all those posts.
According to your saying, you like my name. I would edit my impression in your mind if I change my name.
Old 05-12-2003, 11:27 PM   #69
Uryoces
2nd Covenant, yo

From: http://jupiter.spaceports.com/~sandl...ng/meaning.htm

The meaning Of William

WILLIAM (m) "will helmet" from the Teutonic elements wil "will, desire" and helm "helmet". The name was introduced to Britain by the Normans. It has belonged to several rulers of England, Prussia, and Germany, including William the Conqueror who was the first Norman king of England. William Tell was a legendary 14th-century hero from Switzerland. It was also borne by dramatist William Shakespeare and poet William Blake, as well as contemporary authors William Faulkner and William S. Burroughs.

Billy is the short name for "William".
Old 05-12-2003, 11:57 PM   #70
elSicomoro

Billy, do you find it odd that most folks in the world have their names "backwards"? For example, if you were here in the US, you would be Guo Liang Ding.
Old 05-13-2003, 12:02 AM   #71
Billy
Professor

I don't know my name has so many meanings

I should treasure this name. I am fraid that I give myself a bad name and let they make jokes on me.
Old 05-13-2003, 12:37 AM   #72
wolf
lobber of scimitars

The name William also means "guardian" and "determined protector".

There are numerous sources online for origin and meanings of names ... Western names are sometimes not as obvious in their meaning as those of China.

We are, however, sometimes unaware of them, unless we take the time to look them up.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2003, 01:53 AM   #73
elSicomoro

"We're American, honey. Our names don't mean shit."--Butch (Bruce Willis) from Pulp Fiction
Old 05-13-2003, 03:04 AM   #74
Billy
Professor

You teach me dirty English

Quote:
Originally posted by sycamore
"We're American, honey. Our names don't mean shit."--Butch (Bruce Willis)[/i]
I don't know why you say so many "Fucking" in your words.
Old 05-13-2003, 09:14 AM   #75
juju
no one of consequence

Yeah, Sycamore. You uncultured swine!
juju is offline   Reply With Quote