The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Cities and Travel

Cities and Travel Tell us about where you are; tell us about where you want to be

Old 01-01-2012, 02:48 PM   #1
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Come One, Come All To My House!

Well, okay, not ALL.
Lurkers and lurkers-in-law might want to post a bit first.

But yes, I have the place to myself from 2nd March until 14th March and Dwellars are invited.
Yes, it is my parents' house, but I have checked it out with Mum. And after all we're a bunch of adults, not a house-trashing, hard-drinking, wall-vomiting parcel of teens. I think.

I know the majority of you won't even be able to consider it.
I'd really hope to see Dana, but even Limey is a stretch (who in their right mind would travel from Arran to Aylesbury? Oh right, me, coming home).

But if anyone has any plans to come to Angleterre in March, or if we can winkle CZ out of Zumerzet, or any Bucks residents want to stop by for an evening etc etc.

I'll be working during this time, but home by 14.00 every day, and I'll have my weekends free.

If you think it's possible do let me know.
The house sleeps four (plus me), five at a push but there are places in town you can stay. March is unlikely camping weather but we do have a garden.
And at the very least there are cooking and washing facilities. Americans might want to avoid our shower though. It's stereotypically English, to the point even I despair over it.

Address and telephone number supplied via PM only of course, I'm not a complete nutter
Sundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 03:05 PM   #2
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Count me in Hon, I'll have a think about dates and let you know
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 04:34 PM   #3
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundae View Post
snip--
Yes, it is my parents' house, but I have checked it out with Mum. And after all we're a bunch of adults, not a house-trashing, hard-drinking, wall-vomiting parcel of teens. I think.

--snip--
I'm not a complete nutter
Because some people *are* nutters!

Teen's Facebook party cancelled as 200k threaten to show up
Old 01-01-2012, 05:06 PM   #4
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Shame there's a lot of cold water between us, Sundae, sounds like a great time!

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 05:09 PM   #5
zippyt
LONG LIVE KING ZIPPY! per Feetz

And after all we're a bunch of adults, not a house-trashing, hard-drinking, wall-vomiting parcel of teens.

Sez Who ???!!!

Id Love to come party with ya , but its a Bit far !
Old 01-02-2012, 02:56 AM   #6
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 08:23 AM   #7
fargon
Person who doesn't update the user title

That is to far for us to come, but pic's would be appreceated.
Heavily medicated for the good of mankind.
fargon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 10:41 PM   #8
Lola Bunny
Junior Master Dwellar

Well, I know for sure you've got a drawer that I can share with Diz.
Lola Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 06:31 AM   #9
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

*dying for wanting to go*

I curse my poverty.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 06:43 AM   #10
regular.joe
Старый сержант

My wife would get to thinking I have a girlfriend. Sure sounds like a good time though. Thanks for the offer, you are welcome to our home anytime as well!

Death, like birth, is a secret of Nature. - Marcus Aurelius.
regular.joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 01:56 PM   #11
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Dana is coming! Dates are (pretty much) agreed.
We are going to have a splendid time.

If you're a Brit you are welcome to come for dinner/ drinks. It's probably too long a trek for Be-Bop and CZ, but the overnight option is there.

Is it sad to admit I'm super-stoked at the idea of a Dwellar coming to my house?
Aylesbury is not a tourist destination. No-one would come here unless they had to. It's a town to travel through, and to deride. All we had going for us was Friars - a music tradition (with various venues) which led to huge bands cutting their teeth about an hour out of London in the 70s-80s.

We lucked out in the 90s because comedians would try out their sets here, simply because of the name on old, treasured programmes. I bought many discounted tickets because the place wasn't sold to capacity. EDDIE IZZARD! I think I paid £5.
Jo Brand (may not be known overseas) the same.
I even went to see Lee Evans because it was so cheap. Spent most of my time in the bar, flirting.

They even managed a Comedy Club, where the price included a "basket" dinner (chicken-in-a-basket, sausage-in-a-basket, scampi-in-a-basket) AND a drink. The other element in the basket was chips. Like fries but chunkier.
We went en masse and I took my bro as our treat.
It was usually bloody good. Some stars tried out their stand-up routines outside of London in Aylesbury. They were away from the critics, working their routines in front of live audiences and still able to drive home.

Many of the ones that appeared in our Comedy Club have appeared on television since. The only one I can be confident of is Reginald D Hunter. Yes, it's because he's black and American. That's what makes him easy to remember. But I remember his name because he was funny.

But I can point at many white males on Never Mind the Buzzcocks and Have I Got News For You and say "I saw you for a tenner!"
Sundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 02:48 PM   #12
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

Quote:
Is it sad to admit I'm super-stoked at the idea of a Dwellar coming to my house?
Hell no, I think thats awesome.
Old 01-21-2012, 06:05 PM   #13
DanaC

Reginald Delicious Hunter?
Old 01-22-2012, 03:20 PM   #14
richlevy
King Of Wishful Thinking

Just looked up Aylesbury in Google Maps. It's so funny how many of the place names are familiar. I live near Aston and Oxford in Pennsylvania. I'm not far from Reading and Cheltenham. I've been to Hempstead in Long Island, NY and I dated someone near Horsham, PA.
I have always believed that hope is that stubborn thing inside us that insists, despite all the evidence to the contrary, that something better awaits us so long as we have the courage to keep reaching, to keep working, to keep fighting. -- Barack Hussein Obama
richlevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 12:09 PM   #15
DanaC

I may have to alter those dates and make it towards the end of that period (probably around the 9th or 10th).

It depends on what ends up happening with pup collecting :p

The original plan for them to bring pups over 7h March when they're 10 weeks old was mostly because I didn't want to take a pup from his mum and 9 siblings and then do a day and a half ferry and car travel with him. But... there is a possibility that J might also be getting a pup from the litter. Much to his own surprise. I think he thought he would somehow be immune to the charms of a brace of wriggling beardie pups. Turns out they're quite a good way to get you past the 'I don't know if I could ever love another puppy the way I loved...' stage of grief :P

If that turns out to be the case, then we'd probably get them earlier and bring them back from Guernsey ourselves. Far less traumatic if they have each other for the journey. In which case I'd want to have a week or two to settle the pup properly before I scoot off for a day or so and leave him with Mum or the two Js.

I should know sometime in the next week what's happening.