The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 05-30-2014, 12:53 PM   #106
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

I'm not a doctor, but played one in my youth...
Old 05-30-2014, 02:42 PM   #107
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

What a colossal fucking idiot

Public Schools Cop Shoots At Fleeing Kids Who Had Been MAKING OUT

I hope this guy gets sued to death. What an ijit. Prolly unable to get a girlfriend himself. Also, prolly couldn't make the cut as a 'real' cop.

Dumbass.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 03:08 PM   #108
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Hey man, he hit the tire. Assuming that's what he was aiming at that's good shootin'. Isn't that what the Lone Ranger or John Wayne would have done?

We've got a local stealing skin... $357,000 dollars worth.
Old 05-30-2014, 03:30 PM   #109
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

I bet he was eating it, the freaky fucker.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Old 05-30-2014, 04:23 PM   #110
fargon
Person who doesn't update the user title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravdigr View Post
I bet he was eating it, the freaky fucker.
Yup.
Heavily medicated for the good of mankind.
fargon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 10:34 AM   #111
Carruthers
Junior Master Dwellar

Woman photographed driving ten miles along the M1 at 70mph while reading a book.

The M1 is a particularly busy Motorway and, if only in the interests of self-preservation, requires the full attention of the driver at all times.

The speed limit is 70mph but is honoured more in the breach than the observance and you need your wits about you. (See 'self-preservation' above)

Heaven alone knows what was going on here:

Quote:
The actions of a woman photographed apparently reading a book while driving along the M1 have been condemned as “irresponsible and dangerous” by police and safety experts.

Builder Andrew Stonham, from Nottinghamshire, said he took this snap after spotting the motorist travelling at “around 70mph” in her Nissan Micra, with the pages spread out in front of her.

The dad-of-three, who was a passenger in his workmate’s van at the time, took photographs on his mobile phone as they followed the woman along a stretch of the motorway from Junction 25, at Sandiacre, to Junction 27, near Hucknall.

The 28-year-old said other drivers were sounding their horns and flashing their lights at the woman.

Mr Stonham, of Kirkby-in-Ashfield, said: “There were other drivers pulling in front of her and flashing their hazard lights to try and get her to stop – but she just kept on going.

“We weren’t the only ones appalled by her actions. She needs to be told that this behaviour is not acceptable and can result in death. The road was busy at the time and she could quite have easily ploughed into the back of somebody. I have no idea what she was thinking.”

Mr Stonham said the woman was alone in her vehicle at the time.

He said: “We saw her about 200 yards back and my friend said he thought something was up.

“We caught up with her but we were struggling to keep up in the central lane. It’s not even like she was in the slow lane.

“We were beeping at her and I was waving at her out of the window. She finally looked over, smiled and waved before carrying on as normal.”

He said the woman continued reading until he and his pal pulled off the motorway at Junction 27.

Mr Stonham added: “I spend a lot of time on the road as part of my job and seeing people on their mobiles makes my blood boil – but I have never seen anything like this in my life.

“It’s dangerous. We need to name and shame people like this.”

A spokesman for Notts Police said: “This behaviour is clearly irresponsible and dangerous and, if witnessed by police, we will act accordingly and seek to prosecute the driver.

“Any images taken by a third-party member of the public and provided to police will be treated as intelligence.”

James McLoughlin, spokesman for road safety charity Brake, said: “This is shocking. Driving is the most complex and dangerous task that most of us do on a regular basis, so it demands undivided attention.

“Any multi-tasking behind the wheel is a potentially deadly distraction. We urge all drivers to save any other activities until they’re safely out of the car.”

Nottingham Post

Daily Mail
Old 05-31-2014, 11:36 AM   #112
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

I've seen that several times on the PA Turnpike
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 12:00 PM   #113
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Me too, newspapers, books, and most mind boggling to me, paperbacks. They are hard to keep open with one hand and have tiny print that's hard to look away from and find my place again so I tend to want to finish the paragraph before looking away.
Old 05-31-2014, 08:44 PM   #114
Lola Bunny
Junior Master Dwellar

I saw a man (or was it a woman? I forgot) reading a magazine while driving. The only difference here was that it was bumper to bumper traffic. Still doesn't make it right.
Lola Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 01:54 PM   #115
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

It's not the dumping of the cement on the car that makes this guy an idiot. It's standing there with his phone in his hand, when he could grab the water hose from the truck and spray the cement off the car, and potentially save the company a couple thousand bucks, or more.

Name:  unscheduleddelivery.jpg
Views: 660
Size:  112.8 KB

Old 06-02-2014, 01:31 PM   #116
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

"not his money" / insurance will pay for it is what I'm guessing is keeping him from doing such a thing. though I reckon there'll be replacement galore on that accident regardless.
Old 06-02-2014, 02:01 PM   #117
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

Let it dry. No more stone chips to worry about
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 02:16 PM   #118
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

good point!

Hopefully the dipstick can be accessed through the ashtray in the dash, and can we get some roof mounted lights please?

Heh. Once I was driving and my Mom was in the passenger seat. She had a stroke several years ago and as a result can not speak, but she is johhny-on-the-spot when it comes to taking her medicine on time. Well, it was time. When we came to the red light, I opened my wide mouth Nalgene water bottle for her (the stroke also paralyzed her right arm and right leg so she can't easily open the bottle on her own). She popped the pills into her mouth and started to take a drink to wash down the medicine. Then the light turned green and I pulled forward. Along with my Mom, and the bottle, but the water wanted to stay right where it was. As I drove out from underneath the water, it seemed to rush out of the bottle and into my Mom's face, but actually, the water was just minding its own damn business when my Mom's face smashed into it.

What a shock! She was soaked and I was embarrassed as hell "Sorry MOM!!!!" She's a good sport though and we had a laugh about it. I make sure she doesn't have the bottle aimed at her face when the light turns green now.

I wonder if the cement sloshed out of the mixer in the same way...
Old 06-02-2014, 02:35 PM   #119
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Back when I was younger and stupider, and we would ride around drinking, I would do that to my friends on purpose. Hold the gear just a little longer than necessary, and, a half-beat after the bottle/can gets to their lip, goose the gas.

Good times, man.

Old 06-02-2014, 02:36 PM   #120
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigV View Post
I wonder if the cement sloshed out of the mixer in the same way...
If it can be done from the cab, I'd say he prolly reversed the drum, for whatever reason, at exactly the wrong time/place.