The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 05-31-2004, 11:34 PM   #1
zippyt
LONG LIVE KING ZIPPY! per Feetz

What is Your Turbo-bitch switch ??

I found a verry close friends this week end , its the word "Mother-fucker " , she was about ready to kill over it , i tried the intelectiual argument that it was just a song , and if you listened to the song and understood the story line behind the song it would make sence , she was haveing NONE of that !!!!

Mine is when my authority is questioned , so i don't put my self in that situation often , and play it off lightly when i AM in that situation . "Like a duck with flat webb feet and I don't give a fuck "
. In all honesty thats one of the MAJOR reasons I got out of the USMC . I had gotten CPL and was suddenly expected to take charge , when ever , what ever the situation .
Now I have been in a few situations when some body NEEDED to step up and call the shots , and I FREAK when some body says
" just who the Fuck do you think YOU are to tell ME what to do "???? I want to rip their heads off and show them the blood spurting from the stump , especialy if its a potentionaly life threatning situation , and i am trying to rally what folks i can to help .
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Breath , Zippy , breath ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Good air in , bad air out , Good air in , bad air out ,
Calm like a flowing river with you casting a fly line in to it ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Sorry to go on about this , but what is your switch that puts you in Turbo Bitch mode ????
Old 05-31-2004, 11:46 PM   #2
Nothing But Net
Professor

Wow, zippyt goes James Joyce on us. What the fuck was that primal scream all about?

(Looking forward to your visit, dude!)
Nothing But Net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2004, 12:02 AM   #3
zippyt

What the fuck was that primal scream all about?

Just seeing a normaly mild mannered , cool mom , and all togather good chick loose it in a big way .

Just a weird experence i was woundering if any body could relate to .

(Looking forward to your visit, dude!)

First round of shots is on me !!!
Old 06-01-2004, 12:46 AM   #4
jaguar
whig

Only one?
Old 06-01-2004, 01:22 AM   #5
smoothmoniker
to live and die in LA

Bad parenting. Particularly the kind where the kid runs absolutely hog-ass-wild in what should otherwise be a tranquil setting, and the parents "don't notice". Or the parent who says "If you do that one more time, I'll .. " and then doesn't.

People who prey on the weak or the ignorant.

People who hold the same views and beliefs that I do, but for ill-conceived and poorly stated reasons, in whose boat I am inevitably lumped. Your ignorance is the public face for my private convictions, and it pisses me off.

-sm
smoothmoniker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2004, 06:06 AM   #6
Catwoman
stalking a Tom

Quote:
Originally posted by smoothmoniker
People who hold the same views and beliefs that I do, but for ill-conceived and poorly stated reasons, in whose boat I am inevitably lumped. Your ignorance is the public face for my private convictions, and it pisses me off.
-sm
Couldn't have said it better myself. Would just add people's lack of distinction between real talent and what is a cheap (and often poor) imitation; not being appreciated for the full extent of my contribution ("Thanks for doing that report." "Have you any idea how good it is/how much work went into it?"); and my colleagues/acquaintances inability to recognise genuis.
Old 06-01-2004, 08:07 AM   #7
BrianR
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Mine is people who question/attack my integrity. It is one of the few things I have that I can be proud of and I won't tolerate anyone casting aspersions on it. (five points for using the big word of the day)

Close second, liars, two-facers, "users".

Brian
Old 06-01-2004, 08:40 AM   #8
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

Quote:
Originally posted by BrianR
Mine is people who question/attack my integrity. It is one of the few things I have that I can be proud of and I won't tolerate anyone casting aspersions on it. (five points for using the big word of the day)

Close second, liars, two-facers, "users".

Brian
god, I wish you would stop all the lying, brian. it's one thing for you to be a low down underhanded sneak, but then to tell such a bald faced lie about caring about your "integrity" .......

ps....me too. i put a lot of effort into being honest and trustworthy.....when someone questions it, I go mental....I even call them names and make a big(ger) ass out of myself.

actually, there's not much that flips my switch if it's not intended to do so. However, when someone is obviously trying to piss me off, I usually comply. that said,

A wise philosopher once said:
Quote:
Someone who takes offense when it is not intended is a fool. Someone who takes offense when it is intended is seven times a fool.
yeah, that's me. At least that's how I feel when someone gets my goat like that. what was your old sig line, zip?
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2004, 09:03 AM   #9
jaguar
whig

THere is nothing I can think of that instantly sets me off (though the list of irks would dwarf a UN report) but if I'm already in a shite mood almost anything will (mess, random rudeness, car late)
Old 06-01-2004, 09:30 AM   #10
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

Quote:
car late

what does this mean? taxi? limo? car service? traffic?
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2004, 09:38 AM   #11
jaguar
whig

depends, taxi or car service.
Old 06-01-2004, 10:04 AM   #12
zippyt

actualy there have been at least 2 ,

"Never attribute to malice that which can
be adequately explained by stupidity."

Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level
then beat you with experience.

ok one more ,

He who smiles rather than rages is always the stronger.
-- Japanese proverb

I tend to smile a lot
Old 06-01-2004, 11:07 AM   #13
hot_pastrami
I am meaty

Add me to the list of people who bristle when their integrity is questioned. Of course, if someone does so with the obvious express intent of angering me, it doesn't work, but otherwise I can tend to react strongly.

Another thing that buries the needle at zero on my Patience-o-Meter is when someone gets pissed at me for something that was no fault of mine. I am all too willing to take responsibility when something is my fault, but when it isn't, you won't find me willing to take abuse over it.

I used to be an extremely patient, calm person almost without exception, but my stress level hasn't been allowed to sink below the high mark for a long time, and it tends to make me a little easier to irritate. Not that I'm a raging asshole, it's just that now, when someone cuts in front of me in a line or talks in a movie theater, chances are I'll call them on it rather than just letting it go like I used to do.
Old 06-01-2004, 11:14 AM   #14
jaguar
whig

Also depends on the person involved. Some people's mere presence annoys me, other people I'm willing to give lots of slack to.
Old 06-01-2004, 11:20 AM   #15
zippyt

Another thing that buries the needle at zero on my Patience-o-Meter is when someone gets pissed at me for something that was no fault of mine. I am all too willing to take responsibility when something is my fault, but when it isn't, you won't find me willing to take abuse over it.

Yeh that bugs me as well , but i try HARD to just smile , and explain my side of things , if who ever is doing the yelling wants to scream and stomp and piss their pants like a 5 year old , then well its THEM acting like a jerk. When they are tru being stupid I will calmly say " be that as it may , what can we do to fix this situation ?? This is what I would suggest ......"

But this comes from being a field service tech for 15 years and haveing to unfuck MANY potentialy Litagus( potential law suites etc,,,) and dangerouse situations.