The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 02-19-2020, 06:05 PM   #781
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Perfect McBoatface name for this piece of equipment.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 11:33 PM   #782
fargon
Person who doesn't update the user title

My bank they just keep on Pissing me off.
Strike 1: They turned me down for a refinance on my truck right after i bought it. All I wanted was to keep all my banking under one roof, and give them some business.
Strike 2: They took out the money for my Dec. shop rent Thanksgiving Day causing me to be overdrawn, they didn't charge me an overdraft because it was their computer glitch that caused the problem in the first place. But I was still broke for the rest of the month.
Strike 3: Today I went with my Little Sister to open an account, and The Runt had all the paper work she had, various letters from Social security, the hospital, and a piece of mail to prove her address. And that condescending little shit at the bank told her she couldn't have an account without a valid picture ID. Even though I told that punk that I would vouch for her, and my credit is excellent there. All that asshole could say was sorry sir in a very shitty way making my sister cry. I even told the turd that he will open her an account, or I will close all of mine. That's when he threatened to call the cops, I raised my voice and scared mr braveheart.
After we left the bank we drove straight to DMV and The Runt got her picture ID without a birth certificate.
So tomorrow she will go back without me she's going with Keryx.
I'll let The Lady Keryxderos deal with condescending boy.
Heavily medicated for the good of mankind.
fargon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 12:07 AM   #783
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertoad View Post

Good work, it makes me think, if I had pets there I would not be comfortable leaving them...!
When you live in a small community like that the neighbors know you're gone, how long you've been gone, how many pets you have, their names, and where you keep their food. Probably the color of your underwear when you left too.
Even if you don't share your plans, which is difficult, they'll look after your place if you're delayed. The lack of privacy is sometimes exasperating but it's nice to know you home is watched over and the animals are OK.

Fargon, I usually use the MAC machine outside but one time I wanted a bigger sum so inside I asked the teller if she wanted a picture ID, and she said no, I have your picture, pointing at her screen. Surprised the shit out of me.
Old 02-20-2020, 05:48 AM   #784
limey
Encroaching on your decrees

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertoad View Post
A digr you say?

Good work, it makes me think, if I had pets there I would not be comfortable leaving them...!

Yes, digr, sorry missed a trick there.
Re: pets. I had planned to be away for about three days and asked a neighbour to mind the moggies. She had to be on duty for a little longer, is all. But she wasn’t going anywhere anyway [snigr].

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 03-06-2020, 02:54 PM   #785
fargon
Person who doesn't update the user title

My baby sister has vanished. I have called the hospitals, and checked the jail intake list daily for a week. She hurt my friends feelings and pissed off our siblings.
We found her journal and she said that she was thinking about going back to the asshole that she left. Why do women always seem to go back to their abusers? I have cried all I'm going to over her.
I probably wont be helping out anyone else. It's been a week and no one has seen or heard from her.
Heavily medicated for the good of mankind.
fargon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 03:14 PM   #786
glatt

I'm sorry fargon.

I hope you get word from her soon.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 03:33 PM   #787
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Man, that's a hard job you chose. Big brother is easy, being a good big brother is tough. You can do it though. I'm pulling for you and for her. Sorry for the stress you're all going through.
Old 03-06-2020, 07:29 PM   #788
Griff
still says videotape

Awful situation. I’m sorry.
Old 03-06-2020, 08:24 PM   #789
monster
I hear them call the tide

Quote:
Originally Posted by fargon View Post
Why do women always seem to go back to their abusers?
Because once they have beaten them down to nothing, the abusers make sure they are the only people around to "pick them up" again. You always remember the nicest bits and forget the shit (otherwise women would never give birth more than once and the human race would be doomed)

I'm sorry, it does suck, and when she does resurface, just love her. You know that.
Old 03-06-2020, 10:31 PM   #790
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Keep in mind you didn't fail, she did... at least it looks that way.
Old 05-23-2020, 10:41 PM   #791
monster

My next door neighbor had a heart attack ten days ago. I learned about it last Saturday. From the neighbor on the other side of him. She said it was minor but he was still in ICU with no visitors.

It's not his first one and he's had a couple of run ins with prostate cancer too.

I realized this morning that it happened on the anniversary of his wife's death -she died from lung cancer exactly two months after beest died.

I went out to mow the lawn and saw the daughter who now lives with him, she said they were going to see him (I think for the first time because no visitors...) but it didn't look good. All the kids are here.

Neighbor just texted and said she had spoken to Mia, and he is "still unresponsive". I didn't realize he was "unresponsive"

We were never "close friends" but we lived next door for 20 years and went through similar hells at the same time so we formed a sort of bond. I'd mow his lawn sometimes, he'd pay my kid to shovel his snow....

Old 05-23-2020, 10:47 PM   #792
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Sorry, monster.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 11:02 PM   #793
monster

thanks. There's just nothing I can do, I feel a bit of a fraud somehow. I'd like to chat with him again. We just used to shoot the shit, nothing gritty. But he's Bob, next door. I just feel he isn't going to make it. he was kind of done with the whole shit show when Sharon died, just marking time
Old 05-24-2020, 06:57 AM   #794
Griff
still says videotape

It's a hard time to be normal..

I found my Dad kinda trapped on his porch by a tight circle of Baptists. Neighbors from years ago good people but the sort that probably still pack a church and won't wear masks. I've got to sort out my work get kids scheduled tell families the guidelines, sort out testing, etc... Nobody is gonna be comfortable. Teaching EI kids with a mask on... profoundly weird and likely to get shut down again with the next wave.
Old 05-29-2020, 02:54 PM   #795
monster

Bob died last night. His kids are sat on the deck laughing and chatting and smoking weed. The neighbor on the other side of them (who is who keeps me updated) texted me a link to his caring bridge page saying she didn't understand what it meant (they used the word transition), so I told her. Which was somewhat weird because I was on my deck and they kids were right between us... It seems they turned the machines off a few days ago after determining no neurological recovery was possible, and he was in palliative care

Tags
mozzarella