The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Images > Image of the Day

Image of the Day Images that will blow your mind - every day. [Blog] [RSS] [XML]

Old 07-08-2016, 10:35 PM   #1
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

July 9th, 2016: Kitten Pickin'

This couple bought a Tamaskan puppy, they named Raven.
One month later, the couple decided to take Raven to their local shelter in Lubbock, Texas to find a kitten
she could grow old with.

“I had always wanted a dog and a cat to grow up together. It’s been like a life goal,” Christina told The Dodo.
They brought over four shelter kittens for Raven to meet and one kitten, Woodhouse, took to Raven immediately.

Now they’re best buds.

Link

Quick Jim, print this out and run it over to the sleepover.
Old 07-09-2016, 10:59 AM   #2
Diaphone Jim
Junior Master Dwellar

On its way.
Diaphone Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 11:56 AM   #3
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Old 07-18-2016, 08:56 AM   #4
Snakeadelic
Banned

My mom is one of those farm women...when people ask me "What does your mom do?" the fastest and most suited answer so far is "She loves." Animals know this about her much faster than humans. One day, many years ago, a ratty little cat literally walked in out of the rain and made himself at home. Tuffy, as he was named for his indomitable spirit, was the one who picked out a puppy when her boyfriend's dog had an unplanned litter.

Until the day Tuffy succumbed to diabetes-related kidney failure a decade later, he and "his" puppy Panda (who weighed 110 pounds as a healthy adult) were inseparable. It took six or eight weeks, my mom says, for Panda to stop searching the property indoors and out. Panda was always a mentally slow dog--not dumb, just needed extra time to process things. When he finally figured out where Tuffy was buried, he stopped searching and for the rest of his life he was okay with cats but never bonded with another one.

Their story, and the one starting out in these lovely photos, is a great argument for "never choose a new pet without consulting the rest of your family no matter how many legs your family members have". I've seen the other version of the story, where someone picks out a pet for a loved one and chooses 100% wrong. I like this one better!
Snakeadelic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 05:49 PM   #5
monster
I hear them call the tide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakeadelic View Post
"never choose a new pet without consulting the rest of your family no matter how many legs your family members have".
even if it's zero?