The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Images > Quality Images and Videos
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Quality Images and Videos Post your own images and videos of your own days

Old 04-15-2003, 11:26 AM   #1
Elspode
When Do I Get Virtual Unreality?

In Case You Were Wondering...

From a local small town newspaper...Happy Easter!
Attached Images

Old 04-15-2003, 01:33 PM   #2
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Oooh ... that's right, it's time for my favorite Easter passtime ... going down to the mall, standing in the thick of the line for the photos with the Easter Bunny and shouting, "Wow! Look at all the christian children standing in line to get their picture taken on the lap of the pagan fertility symbol!!"

(I'm a big fan of any of the chocolate holidays.)

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2003, 01:39 PM   #3
Elspode

I've been a Pagan long enough now that I actually find Easter a bit disconcerting this year. I keep going to Wal Mart and seeing all the bunnies and eggs and baskets and candy and I'm thinking "Why is all this stuff still out here? Ostara was *weeks* ago."
Old 04-15-2003, 01:42 PM   #4
Elspode

And, as long as we're on the subject, a friend of mine told me this old saw the other day:

"Easter - The holiday when Jesus rolls away the stone and emerges from cave. If he sees his shadow, the Jews get 2,000 more years of bad luck!"

My apologies to those who I've offended...should be almost everybody, if my calculations were correct.
Old 04-15-2003, 04:16 PM   #5
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
"Easter - The holiday when Jesus rolls away the stone and emerges from cave. If he sees his shadow, the Jews get 2,000 more years of bad luck!"
You should be ashamed of yourself. You made me giggle like a little girl.
Old 04-15-2003, 05:05 PM   #6
Elspode

"Then my work here is done!"
(Theme music swells. Elspode leaps upon his horse, racking himself dramatically on the saddle horn, and falls to the ground clutching his package. Cue credits.)
Old 04-15-2003, 06:50 PM   #7
richlevy
King Of Wishful Thinking

Quote:
Originally posted by Elspode
And, as long as we're on the subject, a friend of mine told me this old saw the other day:

My apologies to those who I've offended...should be almost everybody, if my calculations were correct.
Actually, if only jews and Christians are offended, you've only managed to offend 33.2 percent of the world.

http://www.religioustolerance.org/worldrel.htm
I have always believed that hope is that stubborn thing inside us that insists, despite all the evidence to the contrary, that something better awaits us so long as we have the courage to keep reaching, to keep working, to keep fighting. -- Barack Hussein Obama
richlevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2003, 06:51 PM   #8
richlevy
King Of Wishful Thinking

Quote:
Originally posted by richlevy

Actually, if only Jews and Christians are offended, you've only managed to offend 33.2 percent of the world.

http://www.religioustolerance.org/worldrel.htm
I have always believed that hope is that stubborn thing inside us that insists, despite all the evidence to the contrary, that something better awaits us so long as we have the courage to keep reaching, to keep working, to keep fighting. -- Barack Hussein Obama
richlevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2003, 07:22 PM   #9
slang
St Petersburg, Florida

He didnt rise from the dead to hunt Easter eggs. Hmmmm. What *did* he rise for......to carry a lamb on his shoulders?

The lamb looks a bit *too* happy about having his package on his shoulder too I might add. (sheepish grin)

Last edited by slang; 04-15-2003 at 07:25 PM.
slang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2003, 08:11 PM   #10
Elspode

[quote]Originally posted by richlevy
"Actually, if only jews and Christians are offended, you've only managed to offend 33.2 percent of the world."

But I sort of figured that non-Christians and Jews are largely believers in religious tolerance, and that my joke would appear to be intolerant, therefore giving a big boost to my percentage offended.

However, I am not religiously intolerant, not even a little, and actually have a list of Pagan jokes around here somewhere...
Old 04-16-2003, 01:57 AM   #11
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Quote:
Originally posted by slang
He didnt rise from the dead to hunt Easter eggs. Hmmmm. What *did* he rise for......to carry a lamb on his shoulders?

The lamb looks a bit *too* happy about having his package on his shoulder too I might add. (sheepish grin)
You're just jealous ...

I think it's just easier to carry home that way, since Jesus obviously likes his meat fresh.

If he gets his dad to smote it, which certainly SOUNDS like it should involve a lighning bolt, does that mean that it gets cooked right away as well as dead?

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

Old 04-16-2003, 01:59 AM   #12
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Elspode
Seasoned NeoPagan

Gotta ask. What seasonings are recommended?

You're not one of those too much patchouli pagans are yah? I don't like going to their circles. Gives me a headache.

Old 04-16-2003, 08:02 AM   #13
Elspode

Recipe for becoming a seasoned Pagan: Take several years of attempting to herd cats coupled with formation of doomed-to-fail groups and efforts at doing creative things with holier-than-thou individuals who think that everyone else sucks. Throw in a healthy handfull of spirituality and allow to simmer for ten years or so. Serves no one.

I am not one of those who wears a great deal of any smelly stuff, except lightly scented deodorant. My robes are flannel, and I tend to get very warm.
Old 04-16-2003, 05:24 PM   #14
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
I think it's just easier to carry home that way, since Jesus obviously likes his meat fresh.
What would PETA do?

Maybe that bunch of cows, struck by lightning, that UT posted awhile ago were smote by the father. Kinda fishes and loaves sort of thing.