The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Images > Image of the Day
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Image of the Day Images that will blow your mind - every day. [Blog] [RSS] [XML]

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-21-2009, 10:55 PM   #1
Leokins
Civil Civilian

Feb 22, 2009: Ottercam

Talk about an unexpected photo op...
Quote:
on Feb. 3, the San Francisco-based freelancer found himself on the other end of the lens -- with an otter at the viewfinder.

and people try to stop litter from getting into the ocean, look how much enjoyment it gives to the animals! :p
Quote:
The screen on Aguirre's digital camera soon confirmed what he'd seen: an otter floating on its back, video camera grasped in its paws, lens aimed at the boat of excited photographers. The humans had a bad angle, but Aguirre managed to snap a single clear shot before the otter dived, video camera in tow... Judging by the rust and seaweed adorning the camera, the otter probably wasn't getting much good footage.
Every other photo session might just seem too boring...
Quote:
"I know I can go down there another million times and I will never see another otter with a video camera," Aguirre said. "I think I have more chance of a penguin coming up to me and actually speaking English."
The otter never resurfaced, leaving the photographers to speculate on the make and model of the animal's gear.
The article title was cute, "you otter be in pictures."
You can read the whole story at the Santa Cruz Sentinel
Leokins is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
animal, otter