The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 08-12-2004, 11:25 AM   #1
Kitsune
still eats dirt

Batten Down the Hatches!

Yar! Hurricane Charlie... she's a comin' inland!

Bottled water? Check.
Duct tape? Check.
Batteries and flashlights? Check.
Rum? Check.

This one might not actually be much of a party if she comes inland as strong as some suggest. At catagory three, I'm running like hell.

See you on the other side of the eye!
Kitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004, 12:51 PM   #2
Dagney
The Prodigal Brat Returneth

Good luck!

Dagney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004, 01:12 PM   #3
lookout123
changed his status to single

good luck. see if you can get some great pics, but keep your head down if it gets too nasty.
if it does get too rough we'll send in lj and jinx with their new kayaks to pick you up.
Old 08-12-2004, 01:16 PM   #4
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Good luck. I just got a page from my county (I'm in SE PA. They are so nervous about this stuff, but we have been having extensive flooding from a very wet summer so far) warning that Bonnie and Charlie both will be arriving here sometime on Saturday. I usually just get notices that something that won't actually hit is coming this afternoon.

And wouldn't you know that I'm planning on travelling a bit this weekend. Not far, just to York (yes, Dag, York. I'll be at the Horticulture Hall at the Fairgrounds Saturday and Sunday). I'm staying overnight with a FOAF, but not sure exactly where that is.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004, 04:03 PM   #5
Dagney
The Prodigal Brat Returneth

Well, if you're travelling to York...(which is right down the road from me)...wanna do lunch on Sunday before you head back to the greater Philly area?

Dagney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004, 04:32 PM   #6
marichiko

Wow, Kitsune! Hang on tight. Keep a blown up air matress near by just in case! Let us know that you've ridden out the storm!
Old 08-12-2004, 04:34 PM   #7
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

I got this email from a friend in Florida.

The Interstate Four Dead Zone in Seminole County, Florida, is a quarter mile stretch of highway known for its extraordinary high number of accidents and other reported anomalies. Beneath the asphalt in this section are the family graves of four people who died from yellow fever in 1885 and were buried at this once remote location.

In 1960 construction began on Interstate-4 but the graves were not removed. Instead in September of that year fill dirt was dumped on the little cemetery to elevate the new highway.......at the same time many miles to the South a powerful hurricane named Donna was cutting across the tip of Florida and headed for the Gulf of Mexico....then on the same day that the fill dirt was dumped on the graves Donna made an uncanny manuever that has never been heard of in hurricane tracking, she actually turned from her westward track to a northeastward track.

BUT DON'T TAKE THE PROFESSOR'S WORD, check it for yourself online, look at old tracking maps you will see Donna following a track from Tampa right up the right-of-way of Interstate Four.....her EYE crossed right over the grave site at approximately midnight. The storm exited into the Atlantic just north of Daytona. It was the worst hurricane to strike Florida's interior in nearly a century. But wait..that's not the story, the real shocker is what's coming........read on!!

In the past year, 2003-04, the graves have been disturbed again with the building of the new eastbound approach ramp to the new I-4 Bridge over the St. Johns River. Should we be alarmed....you bet!!
But SAVE YOURSELF don't drive through the Dead Zone!!

Now we have Hurricane Charley which is projected to follow closely the path of Donna, right up I-4 and exit at Daytona. The eye will pass over the I-4 DEAD ZONE at midnight JUST LIKE DONNA DID OVER 40 YEARS AGO!!. This may be your AMAZING opportunity to see the paranormal at work as this projection is being made before the fact and not after the fact.

....And one last thought which may be best left alone but I will clue you in anyway. Is it not uncanny that two of the dead in those four graves beneath the Interstate are named Charles and Madonna? Of course the names of the hurricanes Charley and Donna surely must be a mere "coincidence"....OR IS IT??
Old 08-12-2004, 04:38 PM   #8
marichiko

Whoa, Nellie! Glad I don't live in Florida. Hurricanes are one thing, but throw in the night of the living dead and I'm outta here!
Old 08-12-2004, 05:50 PM   #9
jinx
Come on, cat.

Old 08-12-2004, 07:36 PM   #10
Kitsune
still eats dirt

Images taken, today.

No water on the shelves...

...lines for water in the streets...

...and the weather is so beautiful right now. You'd never know things would be much different in less than twenty hours.
Old 08-12-2004, 08:20 PM   #11
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Anyone notice the hurricane is headed right at the Cellar?
tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2004, 02:49 AM   #12
marichiko

hmmmm... Right where all the dead bodies are stashed? Maybe there's more to the recent wipe-outs than UT is letting on.
Old 08-13-2004, 06:30 AM   #13
Cyber Wolf
As stable as a ring of PU-239

Location: On a huge rock covered in water, highly advanced moss and 7 billion parasites
I was hoping Charley'd be a much more interesting storm to watch by the time it got up here but it looks like it won't be much more than an old and feeble low pressure center with a few leftover storms by the time it gets to DC Land...IF it gets to DC Land. *sigh*

"I don't see why it matters what is written. Not when it's about people. It can always be crossed out." ~Adam Young, Good Omens
Cyber Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2004, 07:35 AM   #14
Kitsune
still eats dirt

I was hoping Charley'd be a much more interesting storm to watch

As of late last night and early this morning, everyone in town here, is in a panic as they realize exactly what is coming. Its quiet, but those that remain are rushing around.

Please, whatever you do, don't hope that this will be "interesting" for us.
Old 08-13-2004, 07:40 AM   #15
Kitsune
still eats dirt

I just went outside and realized something. In what is usually a beautiful dawn chorus of birds, there is only silence. Not a peep.

Oh, shit.