The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 11-16-2004, 08:26 PM   #1
Radar
Constitutional Scholar

I need some suggestions...

Hey guys, I'm going to open my own business. It's not much, but it's something. I want to open a hot dog cart and eventually perhaps several of them. I was trying to think of a creative, and fun name for the business and I was hoping for your suggestions.

Please only respond with real suggestions and not something stupid to de-rail the thread. I'm totally serious here.

So far I think the best one I've thought of is having a cartoon of a dog blowing a trumpet on the logo and calling it "Horn Dogs". "The Weenie Wagon" is probably in second place. At leat they are more subtle than "Eat my weiners!"

You guys are a pretty clever group and your suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.

-Paul
Old 11-16-2004, 09:15 PM   #2
Bullitt
This is a fully functional babe lair

What kind of audience are you gonna be marketing these dogs to? If its gonna be at your local pro football stadium, horn dogs would be fine, but not if your say, gonna be outside a playground. Ya know?
Old 11-16-2004, 11:06 PM   #3
Radar
Constitutional Scholar

I'm looking to setup outside of a local carwash, or perhaps at little league games which is ok since kids don't get "horn dogs". I have also been thinking about setting up inside a hardware store if I can find one willing to sell me a contract, inside of flea markets or on busy street corners in industrial areas or downtown Los Angeles, or inside an airport.

I'm just looking around for places I feel confident I can sell 100 combos (2 small dogs & a drink or a jumbo dog, a soda, and a bag of chips) per day.

I am trying to find something snappy, creative, funny, and maybe takes advantage of the whole "weenie" pun
Old 11-16-2004, 11:07 PM   #4
slang
St Petersburg, Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radar
So far I think the best one I've thought of is having a cartoon of a dog blowing a trumpet on the logo and calling it "Horn Dogs".
Are we suppose to come up with something better than that? It'd be tough, that's a great one.

And.....what's this "Paul" shit? What did you do with Radar!?
slang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2004, 11:20 PM   #5
Radar
Constitutional Scholar

Are you sarcastic about "Horn Dogs" being great or do you mean it?

Radar = Paul although I typed it out of reflex without thinking.
Old 11-16-2004, 11:29 PM   #6
slang
St Petersburg, Florida

The Horn Dogs name with a cartoon logo looks very funny in my mind. I'd work more on coming up with a good cartoon than coming up with another name. It works for young and old.

Everyone here has a legal name but I always think of them as their login. Even when I know their real name.
Old 11-16-2004, 11:30 PM   #7
Elspode
When Do I Get Virtual Unreality?

No..."Horn Dogs" *is* pretty damn good. It would especially catch the eye of the young male crowd. It might actually be rather difficult to take advantage of the whole phallic weiner imagery thing without getting *too* outrageous.

You could maybe go with "Weenies on Wheels" (since you'll be doing a cart biz). Or perhaps "Dogateria"? You could do a cartoon business logo with a cowboy swinging a lariat and call it "Weenie Wodeo" or "Weenie Woundup". "Dogs on the Run"? "Grabadog"? "Weinerama"?

Someone stop me. Please.
Old 11-16-2004, 11:33 PM   #8
slang
St Petersburg, Florida

Calm down Ep. Dont get so into naming Radar's weiners.

The only thing I might suggest in going with the Horn Dogs is to check to see how many thousand other vendors thought that was a cool name too.

Hey. Grabodog is pretty good too now that I actually read the post.

Last edited by slang; 11-16-2004 at 11:36 PM.
Old 11-17-2004, 12:05 AM   #9
Radar
Constitutional Scholar

Thank you Elspode. You're on fire and very creative. And thank you too slang.

So far, for my cart the best are Grabadog and Horn Dogs.

The Weenie Woundup/Weenie Wodeo names are very cute. They'd be good for a kiddie cart for birthday parties and stuff. I know a lady buying a cart in San Diego who is interested in doing corporate functions and kids birthday parties. Maybe she'll go for one of those.
Old 11-17-2004, 12:25 AM   #10
Radar
Constitutional Scholar

What do you think of a cartoon of a dog eating a hot dog with the name "Dog eat Dog"?
Old 11-17-2004, 12:58 AM   #11
Dagney
The Prodigal Brat Returneth

I like the Dog eat Dog idea....especially if you're in a business district.

There's a place in Elizabethtown PA, called Tube Steak Jakes....I can never drive past without at least a giggle.

I'd be a bit leery about the Horn Dog idea if you're hoping to be near a little league field. The kids themselves may not get the double entendre, but their parents will, and those soccer moms are a bit of a different breed. (apologies to any and all soccer moms who read this).

Dagney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2004, 07:44 AM   #12
slang
St Petersburg, Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radar
And thank you too slang.
You're welcome.

This is an interesting business idea for a net eng. Something I would not have expected from you but sounds like it could be very profitable.
Old 11-17-2004, 05:33 PM   #13
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Horn Dogs
Old 11-17-2004, 07:25 PM   #14
Radar
Constitutional Scholar

The Dog House!
Old 11-17-2004, 07:26 PM   #15
richlevy
King Of Wishful Thinking

Pup-ate theatre?
Pup Tent?
Disco Dogs.
Weiner Wonderland.
Doggie Heaven.
Delicious Dogs.
Doggie Deli.
Doggie Diner.
Pup goes the Weasel.
Pup-a-teer - you could go with a puppeteer or 3 Muskateers logo.
Doggie Dive.
I have always believed that hope is that stubborn thing inside us that insists, despite all the evidence to the contrary, that something better awaits us so long as we have the courage to keep reaching, to keep working, to keep fighting. -- Barack Hussein Obama
richlevy is offline   Reply With Quote