The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Politics Where we learn not to think less of others who don't share our views

Old 09-14-2008, 11:42 PM   #91
Radar
Constitutional Scholar

I've already got $3,000 action on it. Your $1,000 isn't that attractive especially since it's a parlay bet. Remember man, I grew up in Vegas. I can be confident without being a sucker.
Old 09-15-2008, 08:32 AM   #92
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

It would seem that I am the sucker here offering you $1000 based on your vast, uh, dare I say, experience? You all but guaranteed an Obama victory and then assured us all that the troops would be gone 18 months afterward. I don't see the problem, unless you are getting nervous about the election or Obama's word.
Old 09-15-2008, 09:59 AM   #93
Radar
Constitutional Scholar

I firmly believe that Obama will win, and he will win handily. I also believe that unlike the Republicans, he will have the desire and ability to come through on his promise to remove all troops from Iraq within his first year and a half in office. He will have a Democratic Congress behind him.

If he's elected, there is no question that every American troop will be out of Iraq within a year and a half of his inauguration...assuming he lives that long.
Old 09-15-2008, 11:40 AM   #94
classicman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radar View Post
If he's elected, there is no question that every American troop will be out of Iraq within a year and a half of his inauguration...assuming he lives that long.
Then put up your $1000. I got mine right here ready and waiting. I'm sure there will be troops in Iraq whenever the next president leaves office. So I am supremely confident that you are completely wrong and are blowing smoke out your ass with that prediction.
Old 09-15-2008, 11:45 AM   #95
classicman

Oh and if he "doesn't live that long I'll give you the "out" We each get our money back, but UT still gets the interest.
Old 09-15-2008, 12:53 PM   #96
TheMercenary
“Hypocrisy: prejudice with a halo”

Quote:
Originally Posted by classicman View Post
Then put up your $1000. I got mine right here ready and waiting. I'm sure there will be troops in Iraq whenever the next president leaves office. So I am supremely confident that you are completely wrong and are blowing smoke out your ass with that prediction.
I see smoke.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/09152008...50.htm?&page=1
Old 09-15-2008, 01:02 PM   #97
Radar
Constitutional Scholar

Quote:
After Obama is elected, we'll talk about making a $1,000 bet that the troops will be gone from Iraq within 18 months. Mention it the 2nd week of November.
Old 09-15-2008, 02:16 PM   #98
classicman

no thanks - the deal is on the table now - either recant your statements, in writing, or put up. Whats the big deal? You stated that this would happen as a matter of fact. I bet you on it. Call & put up your money or fold and recant in writing.
Old 09-15-2008, 03:11 PM   #99
Radar
Constitutional Scholar

Nope. I won't recant anything and I won't accept your best until Obama is first elected. When Obama is elected, you can talk to me about a bet where he brings the troops back within a year and a half. If you don't want the bet after he's elected, it proves that you lack the courage of your convictions.
Old 09-15-2008, 03:22 PM   #100
classicman

lol - If you weren't so pathetic you'd be funny.
Old 09-15-2008, 05:37 PM   #101
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

I want to know what the difference is between Classics money and the other people you've made bets with.
Old 09-15-2008, 06:04 PM   #102
Radar
Constitutional Scholar

The differences are A) I know the people I've made bets with and they can and will pay me when I win. and B) They are making a straight bet while classic wants to make a parlay bet. He wants me to make 2 bets for the price of one. He wants me to bet that Obama will win, and then bet that after he wins he'll bring the troops home from Iraq within 18 months.

I am betting that Obama will win the election with my friends and family. Classic is neither of those. He's not even a decent person. In fact nobody who supports the Bush administration or the war in Iraq is a decent person or worthy of using the term "American" to describe themselves.

I've offered to consider making a bet with him after the election, but he isn't interested because he wants me to make a parlay bet with a single bet odds and payout. As a rule, I don't make parlay bets. I make regular bets and only when I know the person has enough honor, integrity, and ability to pay me when I win.

I grew up in Vegas and I consider a bet to be a big deal and welshers to be criminals.
Old 09-15-2008, 06:57 PM   #103
dar512
dar512 is now Pete Zicato

Hyperbole by example:

Quote:
In fact nobody who supports the Bush administration or the war in Iraq is a decent person or worthy of using the term "American" to describe themselves.
Old 09-15-2008, 07:03 PM   #104
classicman

Quote:
The differences are A) I know the people I've made bets with and they can and will pay me when I win.
UT is going to hold the money - objection overruled.

Quote:
and B) They are making a straight bet while classic wants to make a parlay bet.
True and False - I am betting that you are WRONG in statements you have repeatedly posted here - I am asking you to back up what YOU said. Nothing more, That should be no problem for you if you are so confident. Yet, you are not - Thats fine. We all know the truth now.

Quote:
He's not even a decent person. I make regular bets and only when I know the person has enough honor, integrity, and ability to pay me when I win.
Foul! Cheap shot. Ahh, your ignorance is showing, again. You are completely incorrect.

I am willing to let a 3rd party hold the money, you are not. I also have more honor and integrity than you will ever know. At least I am willing to back up what I say, my word means something. Yours apparently does not.

It's fine radar - you have young kids and I don't want to take your money anyway. I'd make a gentleman's bet with you, but that would be an impossible bet as you sir are no gentleman.
Old 09-15-2008, 07:21 PM   #105
Radar
Constitutional Scholar

Quote:
UT is going to hold the money - objection overruled.
In order for the objection to be overruled, the person holding the money must be trustworthy in the opinion of the parties making the bet. I don't trust UT any more than I trust you or any of the other people who constantly flood the board with lies like TheMercenary, Urbane Guerrilla, Lookout123, etc.

Quote:
True and False - I am betting that you are WRONG in statements you have repeatedly posted here - I am asking you to back up what YOU said. Nothing more, That should be no problem for you if you are so confident. Yet, you are not - Thats fine. We all know the truth now.
Yes, we do know the truth. And the truth is I'm willing to stand behind what I say. I've already done it to the tune of $3,000. I will not allow an ignorant little twerp like you to push me into making a sucker's bet though. As I've said, if I thought you were good for the money, and he were already elected, we can consider a bet. Let's take it one step at a time. I'm in no rush sparky. If you're so anxious to make a bet with me, and make sure I stand behind what I say, talk to me after election day. I'll probably have an extra $3,000 to bet with.

Quote:
Foul! Cheap shot. Ahh, your ignorance is showing, again. You are completely incorrect.
I'm entitled to my opinion.

Quote:
I am willing to let a 3rd party hold the money, you are not.
I haven't said anything that would indicate that I'm unwilling for someone to hold the money in escrow if we both can agree on a bet after election day.

Quote:
I also have more honor and integrity than you will ever know. At least I am willing to back up what I say, my word means something. Yours apparently does not.
My word means far more than anyone in the Bush administration, the McCain campaign, or anyone who supports those people combined. I'm willing to make a bet with you on the troop withdrawal after Obama is elected. I'm willing to have someone we both trust hold the money in escrow. I'd be willing to trust Lumberjim.

Quote:
It's fine radar - you have young kids and I don't want to take your money anyway. I'd make a gentleman's bet with you, but that would be an impossible bet as you sir are no gentleman.

You are entitled to your opinion.