The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 11-14-2003, 01:43 PM   #46
r9703410
Coronation Incarnate

I wish I would have taken some sex ed class in Jr. high!
Old 11-14-2003, 01:44 PM   #47
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

We got schooled in it every year...they don't do that where you live?
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2003, 01:45 PM   #48
r9703410
Coronation Incarnate

No nothing of the sort.
Old 11-14-2003, 01:45 PM   #49
elSicomoro

Having said this, I don't remember much about it...not until freshman year of high school.
Old 11-14-2003, 01:47 PM   #50
Dagney
The Prodigal Brat Returneth

FNF - I find your post troubling.

Which you're entitled to, opinions are free

FNF - If the 'kids' are old enough to have sex they're old enough to understand the responsibility.

And it's the parent's job to teach that responsibility - not to pawn it off on the public school which has enough problems with teaching math, science, and grammar.

FNF- I especialy find "Those kids shouldn't even know about sex, let alone be having it." most disturbing. I knew about "sex" before I was 7 years old.

Did you not say that you grew up in another country? (If I remember correctly) It's more common elsewhere to have a healthy attitude about sex. What it is, what it can do, what it means. Other cultures are more 'open' about such things. Unfortunately, in a society as 'open' as ours, we tend to shove such important things under the rug.

FNF - The problem isn't that "kids shouldn't even know about sex" it's that they SHOULD know about sex and be educted in such a way that they understand that it's a wonderful thing that's not to be ashamed of but carries a lot of responsibilites with it and that unless they are willing to accept that responsibility they should keep their pants on.

I agree with this wholeheartedly. But it's not the school system's job to do this. I don't think that it's the government's job to raise my children. (And as you know, that's who runs public schools)

FNF - I could go on into how kids should also be taught that sex is meant to happen with someone you love not someone you just want to fuck but thats another matter.

Again, something that should be handled at home.

However, if you look at society today, kids are showered in sex on a daily basis. They are never given the messages that we both agree that they should have. They are never told that women are not objects with boobs and arses that need to be flaunted. They're forced to grow up LONG before they're ready to BE grown up. Their role models are (IMO) sluts (shall I post pictures of Britney and Christina?)

And this is not because they're taught about condoms in school. IMO this is because a large number of families today are so fractured and dysfunctional that they don't communicate about what's important.

20 years ago (when I graduated from high school) it was rare that a girl was pregnant before she left high school. 10 years later, we had our first day care in high school in my county. Now, in some school districts, you have more teen parents than not. And there are boys who are fathers to multiple children and are not held responsible for it.

I pay taxes, and work hard to do it. My tax dollars fund welfare programs that pay for teen mothers - and in my opinion enable the problem to get worse. "If I get pregnant, I'll just go on welfare, no big deal - " Sorry, but if you do that, and you're old enough to work - you better be. You're old enough to have that baby, you better be old enough to support it.

It's called responsibility. And there are plenty of cases where kids aren't held responsiblity for the messes they cause.

Dagney

Dagney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2003, 01:47 PM   #51
r9703410
Coronation Incarnate

We need one so bad. I live in Houston the conditions are bad!
Old 11-14-2003, 01:48 PM   #52
kerosene
Touring the facilities

They use to separate boys and girls during sex ed in my school. this was in 4th grade, so there was entirely too much giggling going on to keep both genders in the same room.
kerosene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2003, 01:54 PM   #53
FileNotFound
Intouch with his inner sheep rider.

Quote:
Originally posted by sycamore

If I recall my days of sociology class...or maybe it was one of my psych classes...anyway, the concept/theory/study/whatever was that the more educated you are, the more money you make, and the fewer number of children you have. I don't know how solid this is, but it seems to be the case (with exceptions of course). Based on this, it would seem the best place to start is in the classroom (though parents should take charge in the end).
It's a well known statistic, and a true one. It's even scarier than you realize.

Here's how it goes: Assume year 1980

Uneducated Retard:
Pregnant at 14, 18 ,24, 28,34
Total of kids 5.

Educacted Career Crazed:
Pregnant at 35, 38
Total kids 2.

By year 2020 the follwing is true:
Uneducated Retard has produced 5 kids now aged:

The Educated has produced only 2 kids now aged:

But the catch is that not only has the uneducated retard produced 5 kids but those have also produced kids. In fact this is the result:

Educated:
2 kids: 5,2.
Total : 2

Uneducated:
26 year old, with 3 kids
22 year old, with 2 kids
16 year old, with 1 kid
12 year old,
6 year old.
Total: 11, +3 in the next 2 years

Now THAT is scary. It's true. It's happening.
FileNotFound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2003, 01:57 PM   #54
elSicomoro

Dag, I think the idea of "welfare will take care of me" is wearing off, particularly since the transition of AFDC to state-level TANF programs.

Besides, people are retarded if they think they can live off it. Rho gets SSDI, which she is grateful for, but it only provides her with 57% (after taxes) of what she was making before she became disabled. Now granted, I make good money, so it's not an issue, but imagine what's it like for people who live and die by that.

We as a country definitely need to focus more on "hand ups," as opposed to handouts or "fuck you, you don't need any help."
Old 11-14-2003, 01:59 PM   #55
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Whoa, FNF, where does Juju fit in? He's educated, but he's a retard. He's reproducing early.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2003, 01:59 PM   #56
elSicomoro

That's that whole being from the south thing--it's an automatic limiter.
Old 11-14-2003, 02:10 PM   #57
FileNotFound
Intouch with his inner sheep rider.

Quote:
Originally posted by Undertoad
Whoa, FNF, where does Juju fit in? He's educated, but he's a retard. He's reproducing early.
But is he reproducing rapidly without seeming desire to stop?

The poblem is that the uneducated retards not only reproduce early and rapidly but they don't seem to stop till they have 4-8 kids.

It's worse because by the time an educacted person has kids, it's several "retard generations" later and only 2-3 kids. By the time educated mass has reached the 3rd generating the uneducated have gone through a dozen...

Last edited by FileNotFound; 11-14-2003 at 02:17 PM.
FileNotFound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2003, 02:14 PM   #58
r9703410
Coronation Incarnate

You know you have a point.
Old 11-14-2003, 02:27 PM   #59
perth
Strong Silent Type

I have an aunt who fits FnF's described profile exactly. Pumped out 5 kids early on, all girls. And not a one of em waited until beyond the age of 15 to have their first kids. Each one now has a least 2, and no one can keep track of it. I've asked her how many grandkids she nas now. Her response? In all seriousness, "Oh, I don't know".

And its really sad, because I see these kids and I realise they have no fucking chance in life. Doomed to poor parenting, poor schooling, none of the "luxuries" a kid should get, like their parents attention or encouragement.

Whats worse is the fact that things like this get passed generation to generation. There is no way to stop them! So while a family with good habits and philosophies on child rearing is having 1, maybe 2 kids, they're getting outnumbered by amazing orders of magnitude by people who insist on breeding more stupidity into the gene pool.

Oh yeah, all her daughters are gross too. I think they drugged the fathers to keep them from running top speed in the opposite direction.
perth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2003, 03:44 PM   #60
russotto
Professor

FileNotFound -- see _The Marching Morons_, by Cyril Kornbluth. He found a solution to the problem. Two, actually, as he committed suicide in real life.

I have a solution of my own, but it just involves not having kids and letting your descendants worry about the problem.
russotto is offline   Reply With Quote