The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Current Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Current Events Help understand the world by talking about things happening in it

Old 01-22-2002, 05:07 PM   #16
jeni
is stuck on altair-4

tokenidiot is paul, and i live with him. dham is my brother. therefore, dham knows paul because i live with paul, and paul knows dham because dham is my brother.
jeni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2002, 05:17 PM   #17
tokenidiot
how the gods kill

I do her laundry.
tokenidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2002, 06:29 PM   #18
jaguar
whig

*laughz
man this place is like dham's extended family chat site or something.

and i'm still curious how a smelly man ended up living in your basement
Old 01-22-2002, 07:05 PM   #19
jeni
is stuck on altair-4

he -does- do my laundry, however he does not dry it fully

"smelly man", jag, since no one else will answer you, ended up living at my dad's house because my dad put an ad in the newspaper looking for a tenant. this was 8 or so years ago, and he has been living there ever since. how he got to the basement is like this: he had been living in the bedroom beside my dad's, and i guess my dad either figured that he'd like the entire upstairs to himself, or that he needed a place for his computer stuff, or whatever he figured, and so howard took a room downstairs, and my dad's computer stuff went into the room that howard had been staying in. and it's his "office" area now.

this is all i know. dave might know exact reasons, but they don't really matter, the point is that howard is money for my dad every month, he rents out the basement room that he is staying in.

ta-da.
Old 01-22-2002, 07:10 PM   #20
dave

He's been living there since about a year after Dad bought the house. Dad wasn't using all of it at the time (we're about to now, though) and so he thought he could make up some of the stiff mortgage by taking on some people in the basement. Howard originally rented an upstairs room, and three people lived downstairs. Eventually, after a number of tenants switching downstairs and whatnot, Howard was the only one left. Dad had Howard move downstairs. About a year ago, I came to live here and took the room adjacent Howard's. Three months later, Jenni came to live with me and we quickly ran out of space. So now, Howard will be leaving by the end of next month (hopefully) and I will be picking up the rent burden that Howard is leaving, meaning that my total rent to Dad will be $700 monthly and I will have basically the entire basement as my domain. Of course, this is shared with Jenni. So soon, it will only be Dad, Joann the Horrible, David (that's me!) and Jenni (jennofay). Now all we have to do is get rid of Joann...

Truth be told, I don't mind Howard so much. Yes, he has a foul odor about him. He's inconsiderate. He's not friendly. But he's not fucking <b>annoying</b> like Joann. In other words, he leaves well enough alone. Joann has to meddle, and she has to find the most irritating way to do so.

Eventually, I'd like Jen (jeni) living back here as well, 'cause I think we had some fun times while she was down here. If that means that Paul (tokenidiot) needs to come back too, then so be it. Personally, I have no attachment to Paul as of yet - we've only talked a few times and although I like him and find him humorous, he hasn't been around enough to feel like a brother yet (unlike Brendan, my sister's ex, who lived with us for a year and a half and was a part of my life for four years before that). However, I think we'd quickly run out of space if that were the case - the only way that would be feasible is if Joann were no longer in the equation but, sadly, it seems as though that is not the case. She'll be here, at least for the next few years. The only other option, which I have been seriously considering, is raising the money to carry the entire mortgage & bills and then asking Dad if we can rent the entire house from him - meaning he and Joann would be freed up to get another place. I'm not at all convinced that they would even go for this, but it might be a possibility in a few years. We shall see.

Other people that are here because of relation to me: adny & meggen. Andrea (adny) is a good friend of mine, as is Megan (meggen). Incidentally, both of their nicknames are ones I came up with.

As far as I know, those are the registered users that I am directly responsible for. That should be a pretty good explanation of all of this.
Old 01-23-2002, 02:46 AM   #21
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

This is a discussion about Monster Lizards. Right?
tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2002, 03:00 AM   #22
jaguar
whig

on cellar
Old 01-23-2002, 08:57 AM   #23
dave

The key word being "conversation". The dynamics of conversation are pretty neat, huh? Monster lizards to Who's Who on the Cellar (Dave Edition).

Back to pets eating you though... there have been a number of cases (though not <b>that</b> many) of large constrictors, which were free to roam the house (stupid idea) being ravenous (you need to give them a chicken or two a week, guys!) and making little Timmy their "dinner". At least in the "constriction" manner - they are never able to actually swallow the human.

People with roaming, human-eating pets are funny.
Old 01-23-2002, 09:45 AM   #24
jennofay
..the small and meek.

Quote:
Originally posted by jaguar
*laughz
man this place is like dham's extended family chat site or something.
is this a problem? i can leave.

oh, and tragicmisery... i think thats right? is one of davids friends too.

im glad i dont have to worry about our rats eating me. they might nibble my fingers, but if i slack off on feeding them for a few hours, theyll just kind of sit there and wait, not eat me. this, i believe, is a good thing. now shadow on the other hand... wouldnt be surprised if he could eat a baby or two.

Quote:
Originally posted by dhamsaic
meaning that my total rent to Dad will be $700 monthly
...? i pay some too. its not just your total rent. just wanted to make that point.

jennofay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2002, 10:06 AM   #25
dave

[Expletive Deleted]

Last edited by dave; 01-23-2002 at 10:29 AM.
Old 01-23-2002, 10:11 AM   #26
Nic Name
retired

Since its inception, the Cellar has been a place for anyone who enjoys communicating with other literate, intelligent people - nothing more, nothing less.
Nic Name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2002, 10:16 AM   #27
jennofay
..the small and meek.

sounds good.

jennofay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2002, 01:25 PM   #28
jeni
is stuck on altair-4

shadow wouldn't eat a baby! he might eat a moth, but he is NOT a babykiller. :p

dave - speaking of constrictors, do you remember ever watching a show about some guy who had a very large boa, and it ate the neighbor's poodle, or chihuahua, or other small dog? and the owner of the dog was an old woman, and she was talking about how the dog was yelping and there was nothing she could do, etc. i'm pretty sure she sued the guy and he had to have the snake killed, or taken away, or something. all i solidly remember besides that is that the woman kept calling the snake horrible and relating the fact that the guy listened to heavy metal. and i think the snake's name was alice.

and the dog had a stupid name, like "muffy" or something.
Old 01-23-2002, 01:39 PM   #29
dave

He got to keep the snake. It was indeed named "Alice", and it was a Red Tailed Boa Constrictor. The dog was an ugly poodle that it pooped out a few days later. I wonder if he gave her the stool so she could properly bury it.
Old 01-23-2002, 02:59 PM   #30
jeni
is stuck on altair-4

he got to keep it? wow, that surprises me.

haha. if he gave her the stool. how horrible.