The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 03-07-2013, 08:07 AM   #1
infinite monkey
Person who doesn't update the user title

What is consuming your brain and leaving it mush?

My brain is obviously being consumed. I remember less and less each day, though I'm getting more and more stuff to have to try to learn and remember.

So more stuff goes into spaces that are not really brain matter. It sits in there giving me headaches and confusing me. Ask me a series of pointed questions (making sure you have that disapproving bird-head cocked to the side look) and by the end I won't even be able to form a coherent sentence.

Try something like this:

Q: What color is that pen?
A: It's blue.
Q: It is?
A: Well, mostly...it has blue ink and blue and white case and cap.
Q: (rolls eyes) You've told me nothing about that pen. How can you not know more about that pen? In fact, why did you even show up without the pen knowledge you were mystically expected to know inside and out?
A: Well, see, I was working on that project about construction paper and...
Q: Construction paper? That's not done yet? Why not?
A: There were technical issues with the construction paper, and with no one around with any help on the construction paper, I was trying to work through it myself. While keeping those ten other projects going, most of which are also technically 'screwed.' You know, I was hired to ascertain the use of office chairs and compare and contrast with office chairs around the country. I don't have time to spend the time pens and construction paper deserve. I'm really doing my best.
Q:Well I just don't know what I'm going to do. You're obviously not playing on the team and you have no comprehension about anything that is going on.
A: Also, a symptom of the illness that recently took me off the streets, so to speak, is an inability to process insane amounts of information at once. I took this job because I thought I'd be working with the chairs, perfecting that process, protecting the interested parties.
Q: (mean bird look): You haven't even gotten back to me about the paper clips and the window blinds.
A: (blinks) I...I, wasn't aware I was supposed to...
Q: Of course you weren't aware. No one told you. I expect you to know things through osmosis. Get involved!
A: Uh, I really am part of this team and I don't understand what you want from me (voice chokes up, tears start hopping from my eyes.)
Q: (look of pure disgust) Go to your room without dinner
A: yes ma'am (shucks and jives to room.)

I. Am. Miserable.

Thanks for listening.
infinite monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 08:21 AM   #2
limey
Encroaching on your decrees

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinite monkey View Post

that disapproving bird-head cocked to the side look..
First off, realise that the expression means that the person has, quite literally, a hare up her arse. One of those giant rabbit things? Wriggling and kicking and boxing because it wants OUT. Remembering this when she is speaking to you will make watching her a more pleasurable experience.

Quote:
... mystically expected to know inside and out?

...Of course you weren't aware. No one told you. I expect you to know things through osmosis.
This stuff - if this is what she's thinking or saying then she is quite simply mad. Not cross, just totally disconnected with the way jobs work, the world works, etc. Not. In. The. Real. World. And therefore not able validly to assess your input.
But don't forget she also has a hare up her arse.
Hope this helps.
Old 03-07-2013, 08:26 AM   #3
infinite monkey
Person who doesn't update the user title

Oh, of course my little parable got special effects from hyperbole. But really, the 'gist' of it all? That's how it all feels to me.

I know I need to move on. I had really thought things were getting better post-bin, then the 3 day 'vacation' happened, and pulled the rug out from under me. And basically things are as they had been before bin.

The made-up conversation above is illustrating how completely lost, confused, and muddled I am.
infinite monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 08:47 AM   #4
Perry Winkle
Esnohplad Semaj Ton

I'm sorry you have to deal with shitty people. I wish I could get a job in your office so I could intimidate the bullies into submission and help the kind, rational people prevail.
Perry Winkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 10:43 AM   #5
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
Try something like this:

A: Why do you ask? What color do you think it is? Is there something wrong with your eyes? Are you colorblind?
Q: ?
A: Is there anything else on your so-called mind?
Q: (rolls eyes) You've told me nothing about that pen. How can you not know more about that pen? In fact, why did you even show up without the pen knowledge you were mystically expected to know inside and out?
A: Don't roll your eyes at me. That's childish, unprofessional, disrespectful, and rude. Is that how your mother brought you up? To be childish and rude? I have to get back to working on that project about construction paper. Please stop wasting my time.
A: Umm, because people like you keep interrupting me with stupid questions about pens that they should be able to answer themselves?
Q:Well I just don't know what I'm going to do. You're obviously not playing on the team and you have no comprehension about anything that is going on.
A: You're bouncing all over the place like a kid with ADHD who's just drank a Big Gulp. Maybe you could stick to one topic at a time, or better yet, leave me alone so I can get some work done, since I am the only person in the office who actually does any work. Unless you call pen color interrogation work...
Q: (mean bird look): You haven't even gotten back to me about the paper clips and the window blinds.
A: Yes I did. You must have forgotten. In fact I told you twice. You keep asking me about them, what's that all about? Are you coming on to me? Because I'm getting this serious stalker vibe from you that makes me feel very uncomfortable.
Q: ??
A: Have you been taking your medication? You seem a little... scattered and confused. Would you like me to call someone for you?
A: OK, but it's lunch time and I'm in my room right now. Remember? You came into my room to ask me about the pen. Remember the pen? Seriously, I'm worried about you.
Old 03-07-2013, 10:59 AM   #6
limey
Encroaching on your decrees

Quote:
Oh, of course my little parable got special effects from hyperbole. But really, the 'gist' of it all? That's how it all feels to me.

I know I need to move on. I had really thought things were getting better post-bin, then the 3 day 'vacation' happened, and pulled the rug out from under me. And basically things are as they had been before bin.

The made-up conversation above is illustrating how completely lost, confused, and muddled I am.
I did understand that, but what I said still goes. If this is how she makes you feel ...
She. Is. NOT. In. The. Real. World.
The problem is not you. It's HER.
Old 03-07-2013, 12:59 PM   #7
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by footfootfoot View Post
Try something like this:

A: Why do you ask? What color do you think it is? Is there something wrong with your eyes? Are you colorblind?
Q: ?
A: Is there anything else on your so-called mind?
A: Don't roll your eyes at me. That's childish, unprofessional, disrespectful, and rude. Is that how your mother brought you up? To be childish and rude? I have to get back to working on that project about construction paper. Please stop wasting my time.
A: Umm, because people like you keep interrupting me with stupid questions about pens that they should be able to answer themselves?
A: You're bouncing all over the place like a kid with ADHD who's just drank a Big Gulp. Maybe you could stick to one topic at a time, or better yet, leave me alone so I can get some work done, since I am the only person in the office who actually does any work. Unless you call pen color interrogation work...
A: Yes I did. You must have forgotten. In fact I told you twice. You keep asking me about them, what's that all about? Are you coming on to me? Because I'm getting this serious stalker vibe from you that makes me feel very uncomfortable.
Q: ??
A: Have you been taking your medication? You seem a little... scattered and confused. Would you like me to call someone for you?
A: OK, but it's lunch time and I'm in my room right now. Remember? You came into my room to ask me about the pen. Remember the pen? Seriously, I'm worried about you.
Judo, aikido, I'm not sure what the precise term is but I *love* this example of using the attacker's weight and momentum against them. Let them do all the work of defeating themselves by simple deflection. Their own negative energy drives them into the ground while you stand over them (quizzical bird-look optional). You clearly are a master footfootfoot, with years of first hand experience in this sort of combat.
Old 03-07-2013, 01:19 PM   #8
Beest
Adapt and Survive

Quote:
Originally Posted by limey View Post
The problem is not you. It's HER.
THIS
Beest is offline   Reply With Quote