The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Current Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Current Events Help understand the world by talking about things happening in it

Old 03-27-2005, 01:25 PM   #1
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Finger Food

Does anyone else think that it is totally possible for the finger tip (1 and 1/2 inches long with manicured nail attached, maybe an index) found in the woman's bowl of Wendy's chili could actually be from a murdered person? I read where Wendy's checked with all of it's suppliers and NOBODY in any of these places has lost, or reported to have lost, a finger. Kinda makes me want to do a lot of cooking at home.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2005, 02:07 PM   #2
wolf
lobber of scimitars

I knew there was a reason I didn't eat Wendy's Chili.

I wonder if they can determine whether it was cooked in the chili or added later ...

I vaguely remember hearing that most cases of food tampering turn out to be faked to force a large cash settlement on the part of the food vendor ... could the woman have added the finger herself?

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2005, 03:22 PM   #3
Carnivean
Romantic Necromancer

Wolf: yeah, they can determine if the finger was cooked in the chili or added later. Labs have also done things like run tests on Pepsi mice and the like to discover if those cute, furry little soft drink additives were bottled at the plant or planted in the supermarket or whatever in legal cases involving such things.

Regarding Briana's question, I'm sure a lot of us have eaten crime victims. I have no good reason to suspect that, but making hamburgers and chilli and the like just seems like a wonderful way to dispose of a corpse.

Okay. Off to Wendy's, and then the video store. I wonder if they have Soylent Green?
Carnivean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2005, 04:29 PM   #4
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnivean
Okay. Off to Wendy's, and then the video store. I wonder if they have Soylent Green?
That's part of my collection, although I do have to replace it on DVD ... I'm trying to decide if I go with the obvious choice for Easter viewing (The Passion of the Christ) or if I take a different approach.

I don't have it and didn't like it when I saw it in a theater, but I would tend to select things like Fatal Attraction. Because of the Bunny.

This thread makes me think of Fargo, though.

I try to avoid dining in city restaurants managed by people with bent noses whose names end in vowels, so I probably cut down on that somewhat.

I wonder about the composition of Asian dishes sometimes, though.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2005, 11:02 PM   #5
lookout123
changed his status to single

finger in the chili??? guess we know what they did with dear ol' Dave, now don't we?
Old 03-28-2005, 01:22 PM   #6
OnyxCougar
Junior Master Dwellar

So is this woman suing for millions of dollars?

Impotentes defendere libertatem non possunt.

"Repetition does not transform a lie into a truth."
~Franklin D. Roosevelt
OnyxCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 03:43 PM   #7
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnyxCougar
So is this woman suing for millions of dollars?
But of course! Isn't that why American's are so great? She lawyered up right away...and still no news on owner of the finger...dang.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Old 03-29-2005, 03:50 PM   #8
vsp
Syndrome of a Down

For what it's worth, if I got a bowl of chili from a restaurant and it had a HUMAN FINGER in it, damn right I'd lawyer up. That's years of therapy waiting to happen right there.
vsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 04:35 PM   #9
Pie
Gone and done

I'd lawyer it up, too. Not because of the "mental pain and anguish" but rather understandable, justifiable plain-n-simple outrage. Bitch-slap them into the next century. That's all corporations understand - $$.
- Pie
Old 03-29-2005, 04:43 PM   #10
lookout123
changed his status to single

i'd have to sue - i mean, you don't put fingers in your mouth... you never know where they have been.
Old 03-29-2005, 04:46 PM   #11
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Yeah, it's totally fine by me that she sue. At least there really IS some merit to 'mental anguish' here. If I were her, though, my very first move would not be to lawyer up but to get myself to a fabulous doctor and have blood work done. Pronto.

—James Barrie

Old 03-29-2005, 05:17 PM   #12
mrnoodle
bent

I wouldn't eat Wendy's chili with or without fingers. I worked there in high school, here's how we made it:

The burgers are fresh, normally. They're staged on the grill according to doneness. After about 6 flips or so, they become dried out and nasty and go in a bucket under the grill. Five gallons of congealed grease and burnt meat later, the bucket is dumped on a cutting board in back, where we chopped up the patties with a spatula, then put the result in yet another bucket (not the same one, but still nasty and greasy). The package of chili seasoning is dumped into this. Only one ingredient left: water.

Water from the mop closet, because that tap is near the floor and 5 gallons of meat is heavy. The tap has a length of garden hose attached to it that has become black with age, crud from the mop bucket and, well, chili meat.

If they served that shit on Fear Factor, someone else would get the $50k.
Old 03-29-2005, 07:04 PM   #13
404Error
Lecturer

Ooookay...glad I only had hot dogs for dinner. They couldn't be as bad as all that, right?
Old 03-29-2005, 08:02 PM   #14
Carnivean
Romantic Necromancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianna
Yeah, it's totally fine by me that she sue. At least there really IS some merit to 'mental anguish' here. If I were her, though, my very first move would not be to lawyer up but to get myself to a fabulous doctor and have blood work done. Pronto.
I imagine the chilli was pretty safe to eat if it had all been cooked. It's just the gross-out factor that gets me. I agree that the Wendy's customer deserves to win a lawsuit.

Thank goodness the only fastfood joint I eat at is KFC, where the chicken is, well, you know . . .
Carnivean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 08:49 PM   #15
AnthonyFrankChirico

in response to"pagan on a HolyDay"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianna
Does anyone else think that it is totally possible for the finger tip (1 and 1/2 inches long with manicured nail attached, maybe an index) found in the woman's bowl of Wendy's chili could actually be from a murdered person? I read where Wendy's checked with all of it's suppliers and NOBODY in any of these places has lost, or reported to have lost, a finger. Kinda makes me want to do a lot of cooking at home.
AS TOLD by RAY MANDO, my National Security Advisor, to Anthony Chirico,"only Fools don't return phonecalls and Fools don't pay their taxes"