The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Health
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Health Keeping your body well enough to support your head

Old 11-13-2007, 12:24 PM   #106
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

Sunday I went extra heavy on the lats and biceps. I did less weight, but 4 sets of burn outs on the pecs...

I felt it all day monday....'course it had been a week since i'd gotten to the gym, so i was off pace. We did a 1/2 hour on the treadmill and swam for another. going back today....I think I'll increase weights and do less reps today.
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 02:38 PM   #107
Michaela
Lively Girl

Way to go! I went back today after a small reprieve. need to build that habit again. What is it......16 days to supposedly build a habit?
Michaela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 06:55 PM   #108
jamamaspoke
jamamaspoke

I workout 5-6 times a week. Spin, eliptical, weights, abs etc. I can honestly say I am in the best shape of my life at 44!

I haven't read this entire thread so this may have already been mentioned but does anyone here have the Les Mills Programs at their gyms?
jamamaspoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 03:56 AM   #109
Perry Winkle
Esnohplad Semaj Ton

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamamaspoke View Post
I haven't read this entire thread so this may have already been mentioned but does anyone here have the Les Mills Programs at their gyms?
No. God no. *shudder*
Perry Winkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 08:37 AM   #110
LJ
i am myself

got to the gym 4 times this week!
sunday, tues, weds, friday.

I'm starting to feel very strong.

like bull.
LJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 09:42 AM   #111
Griff
still says videotape

fenced tourney Sunday
practiced Monday
mtn bike Wed (lights in dark)
sinus blew up.... feel weak

like kitten
Old 11-18-2007, 03:19 PM   #112
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

I'm hungry
Every workout is harder than the last (my heart stubbornly works around 130 unless I pitch a fit - should be 135)
I'm not losing weight or mass

Without a camera to show otherwise I am getting paranoid

Have a reassessment at the gym on Tuesday, until then I am restricting my diet - doesn't help that I had roast lamb today, but HM was lovely to cook it and I know he misses Sunday lunch.

Trouble is I am losing faith - all I can see is me in the mirror every day and how hard I am working just to maintain this, this that anyone would wake up screaming at!

Sorry. Feeling sorry for myself. Will work harder this week, whatever hellish design Lewis gives me.
Old 11-18-2007, 04:10 PM   #113
Perry Winkle
Esnohplad Semaj Ton

SG, plateaus are natural. Just mix it up and keep pushing. You'll get over this flat spot and see progress again.
Perry Winkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 05:42 PM   #114
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Don't forget how far you've already come, SG. The beginning was hard too, but you're already well past it, and soon you'll be well past this point too. Keep giving your body the love it deserves!
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 06:10 PM   #115
Michaela
Lively Girl

You have the main ingredient Sundae Girl. Attitude and a drive to succeed. That has already put you on the pathway to your destination. Be careful restricting your diet. If you must, restrict it to the right things and not starving yourself. You will get there. I admire your tenacity.
Old 11-18-2007, 06:45 PM   #116
Griff
still says videotape

Keep pushing SG it is totally natural for your body to try to maintain. Look for something different to do but keep your present routine intact. You are kicking butt, you just can't see it from close up.
Old 11-18-2007, 06:49 PM   #117
jinx
Come on, cat.

You're doing what you need to do SG. Some days will be better than others, results will be seen in skips and jumps and plateaus, your resolve will wax and wan - but always keep the big picture (your healthy new lifestyle) in mind. This is the first day of the rest of your life and all that...

FYI - Ive gained a solid 10 lbs and gone up a dress size since joining the gym in March.
Old 11-20-2007, 09:46 AM   #118
shina
Hopeful

I went to the club this morning with my mom. She's amazing and in better shape than most of the young gals in there. Way to go mom!! Did a spinning class with her. I don't think I'll walk for a while now.
shina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 11:48 AM   #119
LabRat
twatfaced two legged bumhole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundae Girl View Post
I'm hungry
Every workout is harder than the last (my heart stubbornly works around 130 unless I pitch a fit - should be 135)
I'm not losing weight or mass...
You may not be losing weight, but you probably still losing size...don't be too discouraged. I know, I know, easier said than done . You still are getting healthier. If you are hungry, add more fiber, like veggies and fruit. A handful of almonds or walnuts mixed with dried friut is a great snack with lots of healthy fats to keep you feeing full. By starving yourself, you'll freak out your body, and it will be even less likely to give up weight. Also, you won't have the energy to push yourself to get your HR up there where you want it.

In that last 2 months of healthier eating and increased running, I haven't lost any weight, but a pair of jeans I wouldn't wear to work because they were too tight have made it back into the rotation (2 more to go...)

Keep at it! Remember the big picture, this is a lifelong change.
Old 11-20-2007, 11:50 AM   #120
LabRat
twatfaced two legged bumhole

Oh, and Red has lost 10 lbs so far since joining his gym a couple weeks ago. He goes M-F, takes weekend off.

WAY TO GO!!