The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 06-11-2009, 03:36 PM   #16
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
Old 06-11-2009, 06:07 PM   #17
TheMercenary
“Hypocrisy: prejudice with a halo”

Yuk.

http://www.cdc.gov/lice/head/treatment.html
Old 06-12-2009, 01:11 AM   #18
DeepOne
Squeebie Fleebie

I never remember my dreams
DeepOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 07:39 PM   #19
capnhowdy
Blatantly Homosapien

Last night I saw a naked cowgirl....dancing across the ceiling.
Old 06-12-2009, 07:42 PM   #20
TheMercenary
“Hypocrisy: prejudice with a halo”

Quote:
Originally Posted by capnhowdy View Post
Last night I saw a naked cowgirl....dancing across the ceiling.
I'm telling Shaw you see her naked in your dreams.
Old 06-12-2009, 08:06 PM   #21
capnhowdy
Blatantly Homosapien

No! Don't tell her. Then she might know.
Old 06-15-2009, 09:45 PM   #22
TGRR
Horrible Bastard

Old 06-15-2009, 10:46 PM   #23
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Not as keen on that one. Doesnt stir me like some of the others.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 09:25 AM   #24
SteveDallas
Your Bartender

I'm walking through a... well... it's not a slum. But not the nicest neighborhood ever. But it's OK, doesn't bother me. I reach my goal, a bar. I go in, take a seat at the bar, and order a margarita. (The resulting drink would win some kind of award for smallest margarita on the planet, but whatever.) I randomly talk with a couple women sitting nearby, then I realize I have to get something I left at home and so I go.

I'm now at home, and it's about 1AM. I have whatever I came for, and Mrs. Dallas is asking me what I want to do for the following night. We come to some agreement, then I leave to go back to the bar. At this point the neighborhood I'm going through is really quite rundown and definitely full of a criminal element. I'm a bit worried, but I try to get through quickly. There's only one way over to the bar, through an old construction site. I get there at the same time as another guy. He immediately realizes I'm "not from around here" and kind of shakes his head as if to say, "damned tourists." He says, "don't worry man, I'll get you through." Before I can ask what he means, we're at a customs/toll crossing kind of thing, and a very beefy, itching-for-a-fight-looking guy glares at my companion as he walks through and says, "It's ok, he's cool." When it's my turn to go through, the bouncer demands payment of $3.88. I stifle my indignation (not to mention my desire to ask "88 cents? WTF man?") and pay up, since that's obviously the lesser of several evils.

Back in the bar, everybody is completely different, except for one waitress, who, when I order a martini, reminds the bartender that he needs to charge me for the margarita I had earlier and didn't pay for. While I'm sipping the drink, I look around and see that my son and daughter are on the other side of the room playing a board game. I'm not amused, but I decided since they haven't noticed me, to just let it go and deal with it after I get home.

Fast forward a couple days, and I'm having lunch on the campus of a local university. I am with Mrs. Dallas and the management of the bar. Mrs. Dallas and I are quizzing them as to why the hell they would let in underage kids, especially that late at night. The management is very placating, and the assure us that it's against their policy and they'll make sure it doesn't happen again. (The scene where we ask our kids why the hell they left the house at 1AM is absent.)

After this breaks up, I look around. It appears to be new student orientation and there is a campus map. There is one area, the bad neighborhood I walked through to get to the bar, marked off. It's listed as forbidden for all students. An alternate route around the edge is listed. This is new information, and I'm pleased to find a different route to get to the bar.

As we're getting ready to leave, a big snowstorm hits. The roads become nasty but passable, and we decide to hang at the campus long enough to let the streets get driven on a bit before we head home.
SteveDallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 01:59 PM   #25
OnyxCougar
Junior Master Dwellar

.....and den?

Impotentes defendere libertatem non possunt.

"Repetition does not transform a lie into a truth."
~Franklin D. Roosevelt
OnyxCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 05:39 PM   #26
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Okay, as I said, if this is a normal dream thread...

Been sleeping very badly after yet another change in meds.
Like, every 20-40 mins waking up.
So all dreams are pretty lucid (and therefore cheating. I've managed to make some about Ianto, even if they've just been waiting for a train...)

I seem to get a few hours in after 05.00 though - and this is where this one was from. I can still easily pinpoint the influences

I was in Superdrug. I was with my ex housemate and her friend (dream creation). We were looking for the right pink eyeshadow for me, and as we were looking I realised I was so much slimmer than I thought! Then, we were back in our "house", only we lived in a huge apartment, which looked exactly like the Deep Pan Pizza Company Restaurant that we both worked in when we were 15. Which partly explains the cheese on the floor. Turns out all the girls I lived with were going to work, and I wasn't working. But I felt so embarrassed about that, so I was going to leave the house at the same time and pretend. But they only went to the local store (bizarrely, I was wearing a jumper and no knickers) and were choosing Christmas decorations.

After shoe-horning myself into their shopping trip, I was relieved they went to work after all, and decided to clean up the house AND decorate it. But when I got back, I saw the house was already decorated, and remembered they'd done it as a fun group thing while I hid myself away. Only Lisa was there [IRL the older sister of a girl I grew up with] and she was really upset that the rest of them hadn't woken her up before leaving.

I started to clean, but was almost immediately overwhelmed, given that the place was filthy, disorganised and stewn with other people's belongings and I couldn't work out where to start.

Themes
The book of poetry I found the other day belonged to one of my Deep Pan Pizza colleagues (when we were both 15). Oops! I knew it wasn't mine - I just thought it was another schoolmate's. So that was on my mind. My ex-housemate also worked with us back then. And I'd left grated cheese on the counter when I went to bed that night - contrary to what Mum would find acceptable if she was here. Despite knowing she won't be for at least another week, it was obviously on my mind.

The rest are a combination of wishful thinking (slimmer - also the girl who kept saying, "I'm on your side, you've gotta be on your side too!") and reality (cheese, and the fact I have a voucher for a free eyeshadow from Superdrug).

If I manage to sleep more, and have a dream that can't be broken down line by line - or by trashy tv - then I'll let you know. In the meantime, I dream in adverts.
Old 08-10-2009, 07:26 PM   #27
ZenGum
Doctor Wtf

Sundae, you ARE slimmer. We've all seen the photos. And although I don't have direct access to your self image, I guess you are slimmer than you think you are.

So anyway, I very rarely remember my dreams, but recently I had one where I was part of a small group fleeing or sneaking away from some city run by some kind of tyrant. We had our camels and met up in an old, abandoned building - perhaps an old fort or warehouse. I was scouting at the front when a big party of the tyrant's troops came through. We had to drop to the ground and pretend to be asleep and hope we passed for regular vagabond desert drifter types. I was alone and tensely waiting as the convoy passed by.

I am in the process of applying for a new job just outside the city (my current one is in the city centre); I think it may be an expression of sneaking away from this (although my boss knows, she was a referee!). And the camel bit ... errr ... well, about a week ago some US TV nitwit accused our PM Kevin Rudd of being a serial killer into genocide because he has authorised the use of aerial shooting to cull some of the million-odd feral camels that are buggering up our desert ecosystems. That explains everything.
Old 08-10-2009, 10:52 PM   #28
SteveDallas
Your Bartender

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnyxCougar View Post
.....and den?
Nothing. That was it.

If you're looking for actual resolution of a story, you've come to the wrong dreamer.
SteveDallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 10:57 PM   #29
XAgent
Vivacious Vivisectionist

I've been having weird dreams of running away from something. I can't recall anything at the moment, but I applaud the OP for sharing their picture.

Last year I had a really weird dream. I was in a dark house, blackness everywhere, I imagined myself to be tagging the walls.

It was so vivid, I could actually make out a few of the words I was writing out. They didn't make sense, but when I woke up and went to class, I immediately pulled up MSPaint and started working on what I saw.

A student next to me saw my painting and said "wow, that's cool". This guy is pretty shy and is an artist, so I was surprised to hear him comment on my dark piece of work.
XAgent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 05:55 AM   #30
ZenGum
Doctor Wtf

Hello XAgent.

Three posts so far, no hint of and some signs of a real person behind it. Therefore let me say...

to the cellar.

There are some artists here, if you like you would be welcome to share you dream art.