bent

But we'd have to look at the bastard.
mrnoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2004, 10:32 PM   #17
slang
St Petersburg, Florida

Quote:
Originally posted by Undertoad
It would almost be worth it to vote in Hill to have Bill as Sec'y of State.
Ok, Bill would be great. If you agreed with his politics ( or hers ). Give everyone nuclear materials and tech so they can build a modern society with electricity ( or hold us all hostage ) Negotiate with all the nations of the world regardless of their history with us and what they are up to.

The man is a world class politician. I would even dare say the best but that doesnt make him good for us.

I'm glad the guy's gone and I wish he'd just start his own damn cable show or something and just plain stay the hell away from any position of authority.

We all know he isnt going to though, his ego wont allow him to.
slang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2004, 11:04 PM   #18
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally posted by Troubleshooter

There was one important difference though. He got his share, but the state did better under him than under many before him and all of the ones after.

Can you say S-U-R-P-L-U-S, or are you too busy obsessing about his blowjob?:p
Old 02-15-2004, 11:20 PM   #19
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

Bubba as US representative to the UN...perfect.
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2004, 11:21 PM   #20
JeepNGeorge
Hand-of-Kindness Extender

My favorite Clinton moments

Ah, theres so many to choose from, but lets start with Vince Foster. Any man who is tough enough to shoot himself twice to commite suicide is da man. He was even nice enough to clean up the mess at the scene, so as not to scare the paramedics when they arrived.

Also can't forget Mena, although that was going on during his governship of the state. Gotta train them contras somewhere.
JeepNGeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2004, 10:36 AM   #21
Troubleshooter
The urban Jane Goodall

Quote:
Originally posted by xoxoxoBruce
Can you say S-U-R-P-L-U-S, or are you too busy obsessing about his blowjob?:p
The only blowjobs I obsess about are my own.

Something that a lot of people forget is that the president doesn't really do anything as far as the economy goes. The congress handles all of that.
Old 02-16-2004, 11:06 AM   #22
elSicomoro

While the President doesn't have much to do with the economy, he is ultimately held responsible for it come election time.

Last edited by elSicomoro; 02-16-2004 at 11:09 AM.
Old 02-16-2004, 11:19 AM   #23
blue
Operations Operative

Quote:
Originally posted by bmgb
I hope I haven't posted this before, but my favorite Clinton moment was seeing him speak in LaCrosse WI, and shaking his hand afterward. He was so dripping with charisma, we were all taken in.

A friend who was with, said something like, "I feel like such a groupie!" We all felt that way. It was really sick.
You're from that area? That's like 1 hr from here, or is it Winona (checked out your site), always get that mixed up with Wabasha, gah, now I'm confusing myself.
Old 02-16-2004, 11:53 AM   #24
Happy Monkey
I think this line's mostly filler.

Re: My favorite Clinton moments

Quote:
Originally posted by JeepNGeorge
Ah, theres so many to choose from, but lets start with Vince Foster. Any man who is tough enough to shoot himself twice to commite suicide is da man. He was even nice enough to clean up the mess at the scene, so as not to scare the paramedics when they arrived.
People won't bat an eye before accusing Clinton of murder, but suggest that Bush skipped out on his Guard service, and it is the "dirtiest" campaign in history.
|_______________| [pics]
Happy Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2004, 12:03 PM   #25
Troubleshooter
The urban Jane Goodall

Re: Re: My favorite Clinton moments

Quote:
Originally posted by Happy Monkey
People won't bat an eye before accusing Clinton of murder, but suggest that Bush skipped out on his Guard service, and it is the "dirtiest" campaign in history.
Taking for granted that all the dates presented are true, judge for yourself...

Brothers in Arms?

George W. Bush and John Kerry both spent their mid twenties in uniform. The similarities end there.
February 8, 2004

http://www.motherjones.com/news/upda...02/02_400.html
Old 02-16-2004, 12:30 PM   #26
elSicomoro

I have to wonder...why is there still so much animosity towards Clinton, 3 years after he left office? And why do so many people still like him a great deal?

For me, Clinton was a masterful politician. He took the Republican takeover of Congress in stride and worked with them on a variety of issues. As I see it, the Republicans went after him and his wife for the sole purpose of trying to bring them down...the GOP just did not like them and their popularity. It reeked of dirty politics. Did Clinton make fuck ups? Of course...many politicians do. Did he pay the price for his fuck ups? In the end, I'd say so.

So, I can't help but like the guy. He stood up to the forces against him, played the game and took his punishment when necessary. He's one tough hombre...and I don't think anyone can deny him that, not even his worst detractors.
Old 02-16-2004, 01:20 PM   #27
mrnoodle
bent

Quote:
Originally posted by sycamore
I have to wonder...why is there still so much animosity towards Clinton, 3 years after he left office? And why do so many people still like him a great deal?
I can only speak for myself of course. What some people saw as charm, I saw as snake-oil salesmanship. If you've ever spent time in the (U.S.) South, you know that most of those towns have at least one person - sometimes a group of people - whose only skill is that they can make other people do what they want. Some achieve this through muscle (if you ain't a Mason, boy, you ain't workin' in this town), some through Dale Carnegie (well, mizz Smith, I sure do hope I can count on you in this month's election. I declare, your apple pie is just like my mama's.)

For whatever reason, these people literally OWN whole cities/counties. Clinton's one of the slick ones, hence his apt nickname. Another is Bernie Evers, the Worldcom CEO. We have good friends from Mississippi who remember when Evers' main claim to fame was that he owned a small chain of motels throughout the deep South. He would come into their little restaurant and people would almost lay palm leaves in his path. Kathryn to this day still can't believe that the church-attending, friendly, loves-his-mama Evers would ever be capable of dishonesty in business. I would imagine that most of those people still support him - they're not kooks, they just figure that if someone meets the criteria for pleasant conversation on the porch, they must be good leaders.

Amway is really popular around there, too.

Clinton is just a well-coached, well-practiced, uppity version of what he used to be, which is why he makes such excellent speeches. Remember, diplomacy is just telling someone to go to hell in such a way that they will enjoy the trip. *(quote's paraphrased)

Last edited by mrnoodle; 02-16-2004 at 01:25 PM.
Old 02-16-2004, 01:51 PM   #28
Troubleshooter
The urban Jane Goodall

Quote:
Originally posted by mrnoodle
I can only speak for myself of course. What some people saw as charm, I saw as snake-oil salesmanship. If you've ever spent time in the (U.S.) South, you know that most of those towns have at least one person - sometimes a group of people - whose only skill is that they can make other people do what they want. Some achieve this through muscle (if you ain't a Mason, boy, you ain't workin' in this town), some through Dale Carnegie (well, mizz Smith, I sure do hope I can count on you in this month's election. I declare, your apple pie is just like my mama's.)
You and I are on the same page on this one.

The plain fact is that anyone who believes Clinton is telling the truth is too dense to realize that anything that does you any good is either:

a) doing him a whole lot more good or;
b) not really doing you any good in the first place.

Are you still a resident of the South? We may be neighbors.
Old 02-16-2004, 02:07 PM   #29
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

So let him sell OUR snake oil!
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2004, 02:10 PM   #30
mrnoodle
bent

Quote:
Originally posted by Undertoad
So let him sell OUR snake oil!
I must admit, he's qualified. But he would no longer be the most bestest president ever, because he'd have to drill snakes to get the oil. The snake rights vote is very important to him.

TS, I actually have never resided in the south for longer than a year at a time. Raised in Colorado. But all my relatives are from down there. They think we live in the Arctic Circle up here.