The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Health

Health Keeping your body well enough to support your head

Old 08-01-2011, 04:14 PM   #121
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Watch the funniest movie you can think of. Laughter is better for ya than ya might think. For dull pain, big barrels of laughter work better for me than low-grade painkillers.

Feel better Sarge.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 10:35 PM   #122
Big Sarge
Werepandas - lurking in your shadows

Well, i'm fucked again. I'm caught in VA hell. My endo appointment was just bumped 2 weeks. Two more days and I head back to Camp Shelby. At least I can try sick call down there (for free), but I'm afraid the heat will do me in. My life is so, so fucked
Old 08-01-2011, 10:46 PM   #123
Lola Bunny
Junior Master Dwellar

Do your best. Or you can just stay home.
Lola Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 12:32 PM   #124
Big Sarge

I can't stay home. I'm under orders. I'm trying to work today, but my fever is 103.1
Old 08-02-2011, 01:34 PM   #125
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Sarge I'm worried
Please tell me someone above you knows about this and can clear a path to sort things out for you?
Sundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 05:35 PM   #126
Big Sarge

Paid out of my pocket to see a doctor. I got a shot of rocephin & started another round of bactrim. It's just a temporary patch. The doctor told me I'm not going to get better until I get the tumors under control.
Old 08-02-2011, 06:59 PM   #127
Big Sarge

Sundae, I'm on my own. I'm stuck in the "VA system" which is overloaded. Because of the screwups I made in my personal life, I have no advocate. Truth be told,I'm pretty much alone. I created this mess by putting the Army before my family
Old 08-03-2011, 01:17 AM   #128
Big Sarge

Ya'll I can't sleep due to pain. I'm too weak to make it to the bathroom. I'm unable to empty my bladder completely. I've got a "pee jug" here beside me. I know I joke and act the buffoon, but I've reached rock bottom. I can't go on like this. I hurt so bad and I have no one to help me. I don't know what to say
Old 08-03-2011, 01:44 AM   #129
ZenGum
Doctor Wtf

I hear you, Sarge, but I don't know what else to say. Hang in there.

I think Sundae was looking at making sure your commanding officer / supervisor / whatever knows about this, knows about your temperature, etc. They might be able to make a few phone calls to get you fixed up sooner, if only because it is in their interest to look after you.
Old 08-03-2011, 05:58 AM   #130
Griff
still says videotape

What he said. Sorry Sarge, you deserve better.
Old 08-03-2011, 06:14 AM   #131
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Oh Sarge, what a horrible situation. I'll echo the others and hope that your CO knows where you're at. You say you put the Army before your family, and that means you have nobody and no advocate. The Army now needs to be your advocate. Your immediate superiors who know you and might be able to assist/speak for you.

Feel better soon honey.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 06:27 AM   #132
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Sarge I wish there was more that I could do than wish you better.
I'm too far away to do anything practical and have no idea how your systems work.

If there is anything you can think of - even if it means swallowing your pride - try it.
Start making noise and keep making noise until someone listens.
And yes, you deserve much better.
But you still have your family, they didn't just disappear. And your girls love and need you.

I can't imagine what you are going through, but it sounds bloody awful.
Love and wishes.
Sundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 04:41 PM   #133
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Damn...

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 08:20 PM   #134
morethanpretty
Thats "Miss Zipper Neck" to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Sarge View Post
horrible day. pain and swelling, even a low grade temp. it is so bad i considered trying to get to the VA emergency room, but it is almost 2 hours away. i'm trying to hold out till i go to endo on tuesday.

i have to admit my stuff is minor compared to busterb, mtp, and others here. i don't see how they manage so well. even the percocet just barely takes the edge off.
Thanks for thinking of me, but I honestly have to say that my issue pales in comparison to yours. Don't ever feel guilty for "whining" about it. I don't understand how you manage and I wish I could give you more help than you're getting. Your situation makes my heart ache for you and I really hope you're able to get it sorted out.
Old 08-03-2011, 08:57 PM   #135
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Sarge, if I were anywhere close, I'd be there in a hot minute.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote